Who Is “The Last Jedi?"

From what we saw from luke until RotJ to what we see with Rey in TFA, Rey is already at least as powerfull as Luke with no jedi training.

She's the "Rey of Light" (side) in the prophecy. That was the only interesting story point for me in TFA besides wondering what was going on politically. Ironic since the prequels were mostly about the politics and boring a lot of the time. What is Rey's story? Is she Han and Leia's secret kid that Han didn't know about? See the whole Falcon flying scene. Luke's kid? Do I really even care? At this stage, not really.

BTW The Last Jedi is Plural. So it probably means luke, Rey and maybe even Finn (god please no!!!) are the last of the Jedi.

Well personally I gave TFA around a 6.5/10... It copied ANH story line way too much.

I don't really get this argument. It has Death Star 3.0, but overall I don't see a whole lot of similarity in the plot. You could certainly argue that the overall plot was weak, or that they didn't do enough to describe the overall social/political situation in the post-Empire galaxy.

TFA's strength and focus was it's characters, an older Han, the growing mystery around Rey/Kylo Ren and Finn's transition from a cowardly deserter to a hero. Rogue One was the opposite, with less focus on the individual characters and more on the Universe itself. You may forget the characters after the first viewing, but you remember the events. Guerrilla warfare on Jeddah, infiltration and airstrikes on Eadu, politics on Yavin IV, the battle of Scarif.

Both were very enjoyable movies, IMO.

From what we saw from luke until RotJ to what we see with Rey in TFA, Rey is already at least as powerfull as Luke with no jedi training.

Her background is a complete mystery, but we do know she was skilled in melee combat already. Her upbringing and perhaps some connection with Kylo Ren could explain her abilities. Force connections played a major role in the KOTOR series. Some of the imagery and locations in TFA seem to be homages to KOTOR, like Kylo Ren's armor.

Last edited:
My jaw will drop if they somehow make Finn force sensitive as it feels wrong on so many levels.
I could relate to it with Po, if they follow some aspects of the past such as Luke giving his parents one of the saplings of the Jedi Tree, and the fact he is an insanely good pilot as portrayed in Force Awakens.

But for me Ezra and Snips (Ahsoka Tano) still live!!! :)
Yeah never going to see them in this though :(
Cheers

I don't really get this argument. It has Death Star 3.0, but overall I don't see a whole lot of similarity in the plot. You could certainly argue that the overall plot was weak, or that they didn't do enough to describe the overall social/political situation in the post-Empire galaxy.

TFA's strength and focus was it's characters, an older Han, the growing mystery around Rey/Kylo Ren and Finn's transition from a cowardly deserter to a hero. Rogue One was the opposite, with less focus on the individual characters and more on the Universe itself. You may forget the characters after the first viewing, but you remember the events. Guerrilla warfare on Jeddah, infiltration and airstrikes on Eadu, politics on Yavin IV, the battle of Scarif.

Both were very enjoyable movies, IMO.

Her background is a complete mystery, but we do know she was skilled in melee combat already. Her upbringing and perhaps some connection with Kylo Ren could explain her abilities. Force connections played a major role in the KOTOR series. Some of the imagery and locations in TFA seem to be homages to KOTOR, like Kylo Ren's armor.

Makes sense to me. Death Star 3.0. Rescue mission in death star. Plot point given to droid at beginning of movie. loner on desert world. I could go on.

My jaw will drop if they somehow make Finn force sensitive as it feels wrong on so many levels.
Finn is supposed to be the comic relief character, only problem is that he's about as funny as Jar Jar. Its like they wanted Kevin Hart, but he was too short for a stormtrooper, so they decided on someone less funny.

You have the ultimate weapon - destroy planets with a single shot. It gets blown up. Twice. Do you abandon that weapon? No, you make another one. Stronger. Ability to wipe out entire systems in a single shot. It makes a lot of sense.

The rest of it had a lot of similarities. Finn as a force sensitive character? No way. Po? Maybe.

Rogue One - Loved it. I liked it better than Force Awakens. I thought the characters were great, the battles were great, the visuals and audio were excellent. I loved it.

Spoiler with regards to Star Wars Rebels animated series.......

Well the latest episode of Star Wars Rebels removed one force wielder, was sort of having fingers crossed they would survive and maybe be in a film at some point.
Seems they are tidying up the number of characters as the series approaches events of Star Wars IV A New Hope, also seems/feels like it is preparing to create a path split between rebels we know of from the films and those in this animation series with hints of what is important to Ezra and where he is meant to be.

Cheers

Back