Who is teh b3$+ motherboard manufacturer?

Which is teh b3$+ teh m0th3rb04rd manufacturer?

• Intel

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • MSI

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • Asus

Votes: 59 46.5%
  • GigaByte

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • EpoX

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Other, Please specify

Votes: 34 26.8%

• Total voters
other Abit definetly the best boards i have used all my boards have been abit except for my old p4 board which was gigabyte and shitty as all hell

None. I've seen every company mentioned release a steaming pile of crap before. While in general there are a few companies you can count on to release fewer steaming piles of crap, they're all guilty. The best thing you can do is get your pre-purchase info from trusted reviewers, and hope for the best.

Out of the boards I've had, my MSI K8T Neo FIS2R has been the best, so MSI gets my vote. I've had terrible experiences with Abit boards, 'bout time they went down the toilet.

I hate the PCB on ASUS board but gdamn you get so much for your money with these babies!

DFI and no other...just invested in 10,000 shares from reputable memory outfit.

I say Asus, from experience. I've had 2, and am fixing to get an A8N Premium. And this MSI bashing, well...I've had mine almost a year now (K8N Neo2) and it's rock solid, even O/C'd. I have a DFI that's nice and stable, too, though it's not a "gamer's" board.The only board that has ever went belly up on me is a Giagabyte.

I've had mine almost a year now (K8N Neo2) and it's rock solid, even O/C'd.
Mine's on its second RMA. one other MSI board i have here (Pro266TD Master-LR) has been RMA'd twice already. the other MSI board i owned (which was an OEM gateway board) is hanging on my wall after having the shit smashed out of it because it deserved it after all the problems it gave me.

I've had a few Asus boards, going back to the Socket 7 days (which i killed in a failed o/c'ing experiement...oops! :D )

Then went to ECS K7S5A.....i've had that board for almost 4 and a half years now and it doesn't have any problems except maybe a dead cmos battery....still stable as hell at stock...

i now have a Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe board....awesome board

built my father a system over the summer, with the Asus A8N-E, while his is still working fine without issue, i work for a computer shop and just had one hellava time with a revision 2 board...talk about a lemon!

msi boards (back in the socket 370 days) were pure garbage....we've had to replace soooooo many bad capacitors since i started here, it's not even funny. but now, after they got burned by the capacitor problems, their quality seems higher now.

but for intel, you cannot get any better quality than an intel built motherboard.

for amd, the thing to look for is nforce....as all the manufacturers are basically the same, only a few different features, but just as reliable (for the most part...if you stick to the big names)

Give 10 options, you're going to get 12 answers.

Thats just the fault of polls.

With that said,

Abit, Abit, Abit, Abit. Never had one die, always OC great for me. Maybe its my comfort level with them, but I run em 24/7/365 OC'd 50% (all my Abit systems are 50% OC's) and they just plain refuse to quit working.

That, is stability with overclocking. If DFI can do it faster, great, but if I gotta reboot it daily because it needs to flush poop from itself because its flaky, then forget it.
The only good OC is a stable one.

For pure, flat out stable boards, there's a reason Intel is #1 in server farms, because they just plain do it, and they do it with stability in mind. I have never, and I mean never had either of my Dell 400 or 420 SC crash on me. When I mean never, I mean never. No lockups, no crashes, they just run, and run, and run. Sure, no OC, but when it comes to servers, speed is secondary. You can run balls to the walls all day long, but when it goes down, nobody is happy.

ASUS is the shit. All of my previous builds were ASUS but i went with ABIT IC7-MAX3 in my current machine... worst choice i could have made.

When you spend $200+ on a mobo you expect it to work as advertised out of the box without needing a friggin voltmod to get stable volts to CPU/RAM... garbage. The NB fan died within a month and the 'silent' OTES fan has started squeeling like a lil bitch.

My next upgrade im going back to ASUS

wow the first page scared the crap out of me. Im planning to get a DFI SLI-DR. Should i opt for an A8N-SLI Premium? im really looking to overclock but i dont have the financials to even risk killing my memory

AznAnarchy99 said:
wow the first page scared the crap out of me. Im planning to get a DFI SLI-DR. Should i opt for an A8N-SLI Premium? im really looking to overclock but i dont have the financials to even risk killing my memory
Definitely get the DFI, if you can't risk killing your memory, then don't give it more voltage than it can handle. The safest thing is to not use the 5V Vdimm jumper and if you don't do that then almost no one has had memory die on them.

Back