Who is mining with 3XXX or cards?

do 'rejected' shares indicate instability? Not talking about incorrect or invalid shares. Received more than usual rejected duplicate shares overnight.

I'm mining eth not etc, but thanks. I do think it is something on the network and not card stability, but just looking for other user's input.

Also, custom undervolt is the way to go on these. Got my 3090 churning 117.4MH/s at 274W, 3060ti doing 59.6MH/s at 125W.

3090:
1275MHz 725mV locked
+775MHz memory
114% power limit

3060Ti
1530MHz 750mV
+1000MHz memory
65% power limit

Last edited:
I'm mining eth not etc, but thanks. I do think it is something on the network and not card stability, but just looking for other user's input.

Also, custom undervolt is the way to go on these. Got my 3090 churning 117.4MH/s at 274W, 3060ti doing 59.6MH/s at 125W.

3090:
1275MHz 725mV locked
+775MHz memory
114% power limit

3060Ti
1530MHz 750mV
+1000MHz memory
65% power limit
How you found 117.4MH/S, on what algo ?
phoenixMiner 5.4c ?

How you found 117.4MH/S, on what algo ?
phoenixMiner 5.4c ?
Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 9.33.44 AM.png

does anybody have any experience with a 3090 hybrid?
i have an evga 3090 hybrid ... yes its an odd duck
once you get the fans below 91...then you be in the same room...at 81 you can be near it. the radiator does throw some heat out.
just curious if anyone has any timings that might work in afterburner 4.6.3
ive looked at a lot of "normal" 3090 timings and i just dont seem to get those to work

does anybody have any experience with a 3090 hybrid?
i have an evga 3090 hybrid ... yes its an odd duck
once you get the fans below 91...then you be in the same room...at 81 you can be near it. the radiator does throw some heat out.
just curious if anyone has any timings that might work in afterburner 4.6.3
ive looked at a lot of "normal" 3090 timings and i just dont seem to get those to work
On a new card I always put in common settings and see if I get lucky.

When it works, great! When it doesn't work ,don't waste your time chucking more random settings at it. Start stock and start increasing mem speed bit by bit, revert back a bit when you hit stability issues. Then do the same for core clock. Then start decreasing the power limit to get your efficiency back inline. That should get you reasonable settings. Then if you want to get fancy try decreasing core \ mem \ power limit for max efficiency \ best temps \ card longevity. At that point you already have your max stable settings so it's pretty easy to test different combinations within that range to make sure you aren't putting a ton of extra stress on the card just to get an extra 2mhash

I got a couple MSI 3070 Ventus cards, a zotac gaming 3070, two Gigabyte OC Gaming 3070 (these suck, need to do a bunch of thermal pad swaps on them to get decent AND they are most stable if you switch the OC switch off on the board, then do your tunings in software) and a few 3060ti's on the way (not sure what models), also got a few 1080/1080tis churning away with the ETHenlargement pill v2 boosting them. My gaming rig has a 3080 Gigabyte OC gaming I have mining when not in use, same thing with this card had to install a bunch of different thermal pads.....

Last edited:
I got a couple MSI 3070 Ventus cards, a zotac gaming 3070, two Gigabyte OC Gaming 3070 (these suck, need to do a bunch of thermal pad swaps on them to get decent) and a few 3060ti's on the way (not sure what models), also got a few 1080/1080tis churning away with the ETHenlargement pill v2 boosting them. My gaming rig has a 3080 Gigabyte OC gaming I have mining when not in use, same thing with this card had to install a bunch of different thermal pads.....
Care to post here?
https://hardforum.com/threads/nvidia-ampere-3-series-cards-feel-in-the-hand-comparisons.2006341/

my evga 3090hybrid is super sensative
if the temp goes up 1c...it will thermal regulate and gpu mhz drops from 1250 to 900 and mining drops from 119 to 103.
using afterburner 4.6.3 my best results are : core at -6 (keeping it at 1215 the ctrl-f/L does not really work that great),
mem at +899, power at 81, fan1 at 81, fan 2 at 71 -> 53-54C
292w 408eff hitting 119.2M in a pcie slot with the monitor hooked to it via hdmi

the evga 3070 is on a riser and set at:
core -502
mem +1438
power 55
fan 59 -> 50c
148w 427.9eff 63.3xM

So I am guessing mining is tanking now? I made about half this week compared to last week.

So I am guessing mining is tanking now? I made about half this week compared to last week.
It’s done this once before 2-3 weeks back and then bounced back up. It’s not bubble pop time yet. BTC is down and that seems to affect all cryoto profitability.

It’s done this once before 2-3 weeks back and then bounced back up. It’s not bubble pop time yet. BTC is down and that seems to affect all cryoto profitability.
Yea I am getting around $8 a day atm compared to $12-13 on my 3080 at 101mh/s.

Yea I am getting around $8 a day atm compared to $12-13 on my 3080 at 101mh/s.
i guess this is the part that I don't get. If eth goes down 10%, the mining per day value can drop several dollars. It's not even close to a 1:1 ratio.

I see the same thing on the 3090, which can go from 16/day to 9/day when the value has only fluctuated from say 1800 to 1675

It's not like the value is dropping from 1800 to 1050. Y U DO DIS TO ME

i guess this is the part that I don't get. If eth goes down 10%, the mining per day value can drop several dollars. It's not even close to a 1:1 ratio.

I see the same thing on the 3090, which can go from 16/day to 9/day when the value has only fluctuated from say 1800 to 1675

It's not like the value is dropping from 1800 to 1050. Y U DO DIS TO ME
Yea I see that too. I seen as low as $6 up to $16. Mostly hangs around the lower end atm.

There's several factors that come into play in determining the mining rewards.

1) The amount of transaction fees, which are added to the default 2 ETH block reward. In periods of increased transactions (such as euphoria during a rapid price increase), this can account for 2 to 4+ ETH.
2) Your luck in finding shares first. The greater your hashrate, the closer you get to your expected rate of finding shares.
3) Your pool's luck in finding blocks. The greater the pool's hashrate, the closer it gets to finding the expected number of blocks.

There's several factors that come into play in determining the mining rewards.

1) The amount of transaction fees, which are added to the default 2 ETH block reward. In periods of increased transactions (such as euphoria during a rapid price increase), this can account for 2 to 4+ ETH.
2) Your luck in finding shares first. The greater your hashrate, the closer you get to your expected rate of finding shares.
3) Your pool's luck in finding blocks. The greater the pool's hashrate, the closer it gets to finding the expected number of blocks.
Does anyone have an opinion of which plugin is best for nvidia rtx 3000 cards using NH?

Does anyone have an opinion of which plugin is best for nvidia rtx 3000 cards using NH?
They are all very similar. Any profit difference is minimized to the fact that excavator is first party Nicehash and charges no dev fee. Therefore I just use excavator.

They are all very similar. Any profit difference is minimized to the fact that excavator is first party Nicehash and charges no dev fee. Therefore I just use excavator.
I'm in the same boat, I've played around a bit more lately since ethereum mining payouts have been on the decline since February, but excavator seems to be my go to.

It seems like more than anything else you're just at the mercy of the currency payouts, and everything else never really adds up to enough of a difference to pay it much attention, unless you're running some serious setup, meaning 15+ gpus where a few percent could be a substantial sum over a year.

I'm in the same boat, I've played around a bit more lately since ethereum mining payouts have been on the decline since February, but excavator seems to be my go to.

It seems like more than anything else you're just at the mercy of the currency payouts, and everything else never really adds up to enough of a difference to pay it much attention, unless you're running some serious setup, meaning 15+ gpus where a few percent could be a substantial sum over a year.
I'm not using a 3000 GPU, but I moved from NH to Trex miner directly and the payout is better, but still has ups and downs.

ive not tried trex and probably wont.
but here is a real time comparison of quickminer (using efficient mode) on win10:
1618576966001.png

hashminer under win10 with 55%power(using 145w),-502gpu,-45clock,499memory:
1618577236299.png

and the same miner tuned (as well as can be due to current limitations - default tdp, -45cpu, 499memory) under hashos:
1618577093835.png

not only is there 6mh diff between quickminer and hashminer under win10 but 8diff vs hashos
the just as big info is the less power used on quickminer as well as hashminer on hashos as tdp on hashos currently does not work.
i'll use the 9w for 6mh anyday.

Last edited:
ive not tried trex and probably wont.
but here is a real time comparison of quickminer (using efficient mode) on win10:

For Ethereum these days with Pascal cards, you'll likely get better results with overclocking the core and under-clocking memory or keeping around stock. The increased size of the DAG has changed what's optimal now.

Reactions: noko
like this
I had never tried mining due to not having a card capable of it, but I recently started using Nicehash with my 3070. I have chosen to keep the memory clocked around +880 for now with a -502Mhz core downclock and power at 46% or 125w. Getting nearly 60MH/s with Excavator, so I'm more than happy with that! I leave it running 8-10 hours during the day and I already have $52. Not bad.

I had never tried mining due to not having a card capable of it, but I recently started using Nicehash with my 3070. I have chosen to keep the memory clocked around +880 for now with a -502Mhz core downclock and power at 46% or 125w. Getting nearly 60MH/s with Excavator, so I'm more than happy with that! I leave it running 8-10 hours during the day and I already have $52. Not bad.
I am running a 1080 ti.. +100 core, +750 memory, 75% power and I get 47 MH.

Edit: twice the power though at a toasty 250w.

I started Nicehash mining with my 3080 for 3.5 weeks so far when not gaming. I game for around 6 hours a day. Currently at 200.00 CAD. I paid 1200 CAD for the card so it's a nice way to get back some of that crazy pricing. My system is custom water cooled so the card runs at 32C at 100% load.

Nice! That temp is insane.

My 3070 has the ICX sensors which are great for monitoring temps when mining. Core stays around 49C and the memory modules hover around 48-54C depending on their placement.

you should be able to go quite a bit more on your memory clock...your -501 and 46% are perfect
but you should (depending on card make/model) be able to go to +1438 on memory if you go up to 55% power and hit 62+ mh

I am running a 1080 ti.. +100 core, +750 memory, 75% power and I get 47 MH.

Edit: twice the power though at a toasty 250w.

your eff at that power is not very good ... you are using 97more watts for only 7mh more
this is quickminer ->
1618837808488.png

My kids are home from school for covid lockdown number 40, so I don't really get on my PC to muck around. Just have it set and it's working. I'll have to pop over and do some tweaking.

Nice! That temp is insane.

My 3070 has the ICX sensors which are great for monitoring temps when mining. Core stays around 49C and the memory modules hover around 48-54C depending on their placement.
That's pretty good is that under water or stock cooler?

That's pretty good is that under water or stock cooler?

cooling will vary greatly depending on the ambient temp.
if ambient is 59F then you can get some great low numbers on heat
but if ambient is 80F...well...that card is gonna be a lot warmer to start with

also another big factor is how much airflow you have over the backside of the card. right now im seeing 104-112C on the back while the cards are reporting 54-55C and cranking 62.1mh (3070s)

Interesting! I wonder if the browser thing for Trex gives any of that info. Reference the "efficient" option on the right.

you do realize its simple math

47mh/250w = 18.8eff

however, look at it more like this
that 97w of power difference each hour can take 0.33L of water and take it from ice to boiling ;)

you should be able to go quite a bit more on your memory clock...your -501 and 46% are perfect
but you should (depending on card make/model) be able to go to +1438 on memory if you go up to 55% power and hit 62+ mh
I've had it up to 1400 no problem, but I worried about leaving it there. :LOL: The small increase in MH didn't seem worth the extra stress on the memory.

I'm still using my Define R4 for now and I leave the door open when mining. Ambient is 66F.

I've had it up to 1400 no problem, but I worried about leaving it there. :LOL: The small increase in MH didn't seem worth the extra stress on the memory.

I'm still using my Define R4 for now and I leave the door open when mining. Ambient is 66F.
if you can get near 60mh on 880 do it. clearly we are not running the same thing ;)

Its been almost a week now since I did the thermal pad mod on my 3090FE. Its running 121.65 hashrate using Gminer. Memory +1150, Core -100, PL 95%, Fans 90% Temps 55c

Anyone else experiencing their OC setting reverting back to stock? Just recently it started. It does it after 15 mins or so. It does it on both Evga precision and MSI after burner.

Anyone else experiencing their OC setting reverting back to stock? Just recently it started. It does it after 15 mins or so. It does it on both Evga precision and MSI after burner.

Not me, but I have seen it in the past and usually this is due to driver crash related to overclock setttings. Check event viewer for something like "display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

Back