Who is looking forward to Quake Live?

is this the official quakelive beta invite thread? :) if anyone has one please please throw one my way, I'd love to check it out as well.. [email protected]

thx

Never heard of this game until now. I looked through the website and it barely has any content. I have a few questions. I use to play quake 4 on xbox360 and LOVED IT the online was so fun and fast paced. It just sucked because so few people played and it had no support. Is this game sort of like that? Also will there be servers or what? I know that sounds dumb, but I mean I read somewhere where you goto a site and challenge people? Which leads me to think there won't just be public servers to join? And if there are public servers how many can join max? And any idea when they will release the game? Thanks and sorry for all the dumb questions. (I did google them already)

It is just like it sounds... literally just quake-3 in a web-browser...

I got into the beta and haven't played much...

I signed up a while back and didnt even get an email confirming that, an invite would be cool if anyone has one.

Eh... they could have just made Quake4 not suck and I would have been happy...

Eh... they could have just made Quake4 not suck and I would have been happy...

Quake 4 actually was fixed pretty well imo and was a decent game. The only problem was by the time it was fixed, everyone had already jumped ship.

Yea, well that's the problem... no multiplayer community = no reason for me to play it... Same shit with UT3... =/

Quake3 + UT2004 both have bigger communities and are more fun than their "newer" versions...

I just don't get it. I mean, I know it's neat that it's playing in a browser and all, but it's Quake III for crying out loud. I didn't think tons of it back when it was released and fail to see how much better it'll be in a browser with some new bells and whistles. Don't get me wrong, at the time Q3A was pretty fun, but I kinda always like the UT series better.

If you don't get it, why are you replying? Looking for us to change your mind? Quake III was fantastic fun back in the day. We had inter-dorm battles in college when a buddy set up a server. That was before the school better isolated each dorm building. Those were some great times though. Sorry you missed out on Quake III.

I applied like 6 months ago and have yet to receive an invite. Hopefully this game will bring back competitive 1v1.

So you don't actually download this game or play it full screen? Just in a browser? Interesting :confused:

So you don't actually download this game or play it full screen? Just in a browser? Interesting :confused:

You can run it full-screen.... I think atleast...

But no, you download a small plugin for the browser than go on the website, it loads just like the quake3 engine (blue background,white text) and everything looks the same, graphics are kinda meh, but I haven't really messed around with it much.

You can run it full-screen.... I think atleast...

But no, you download a small plugin for the browser than go on the website, it loads just like the quake3 engine (blue background,white text) and everything looks the same, graphics are kinda meh, but I haven't really messed around with it much.

I dont know for sure but I'm pretty sure the game itself is not run within the browser. I think all the matchmaking and stat tracking is done there and you launch it from the browser.

Correct me if I'm wrong :confused:

I dont know for sure but I'm pretty sure the game itself is not run within the browser. I think all the matchmaking and stat tracking is done there and you launch it from the browser.

Correct me if I'm wrong :confused:

sounds like no one really knows lol :(

I played Q3 on a semi pro level for 4 years but sadly haven't touched it now in3-4 years. I have been waiting for a beta inv for a few months. If anyone wants to give theirs up I will glady use it, just pm me here.

Q3 was my personal addiction back in the day and nothing has come close to the adreneline rush I got from playing that ggame.

I played Q3 on a semi pro level for 4 years but sadly haven't touched it now in3-4 years. I have been waiting for a beta inv for a few months. If anyone wants to give theirs up I will glady use it, just pm me here.

Q3 was my personal addiction back in the day and nothing has come close to the adreneline rush I got from playing that ggame.

Check your PM ;)

If you don't get it, why are you replying? Looking for us to change your mind? Quake III was fantastic fun back in the day. We had inter-dorm battles in college when a buddy set up a server. That was before the school better isolated each dorm building. Those were some great times though. Sorry you missed out on Quake III.

I had figured, with so many people looking forward to it, someone would explain why they're excited about this. I thought perhaps I was missing something. From my understanding, it's Quake III, in a browser, with better "matchmaking" for lack of a better word.

Like I said, I thought Q3A was fun back in the day. I didn't like it as much as UT, but it was fun. I'm an old school gamer. I started with Doom and have played most FPS games since. Nowadays I prefer CoD4, UT3 or FEAR Combat. I was just wondering what the appeal is for Quake Live, that's all. Not trying to piss in anyone's wheaties.

looking for a beta invite here as well. This looks neat if anyone has one.

First rule of Quake Live is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT QUAKE LIVE!!1
When I first joined the beta a year ago a handful of people were getting banned for talking about it outside the forums. I haven't played QL in months since they made everyone re-register for it. Not that anything was wrong with it, I was just to lazy to do so. The game is definitely fun.
:p

I've tried to get into beta a billion times... I was a hardcore q3ctf, q3f, RA3 player for years... If anyone doesn't want theirs, please lemme know. Q3 is the best fps game I've ever played.

I still love to play Q3 CPMA and Quakeworld but servers are very scarce these days. I'd kill for a quake live invite. I might have a spare copy of Frontlines Fuel of War to swap for one.

According to http://pc.ign.com/articles/888/888620p1.html they are going to be adding a "premium service"

I just knew it. Todays companies are just full of shit.

Totally free my ass. More like totally free to play on 3v3 servers, with low res graphics, one model, one map, and 2 weapons. Pay 9.99 a month for the full thing, thank you very much sucker.

I also found some ingame footage here: http://www.quakeunity.com/file=2744

I must say I'm pretty impressed, but the premium thing sucks

I personally can't wait, work will become so much more entertaining :) Been playing legions at www.instantaction.com for my web fps fix and its been quite fun.

As for the premium service, carmack said in this and many other interviews that premium service is a possibility but they have not really done any planning on it. That it would not roll out with the launch. And that when/if it does it will probably be just something to set people apart rather than gaining more functionality. Though I do see that last part possibly coming true in the form of new maps but nothing that would hamper anyone's play if they did not pay.

So we are still getting the full q3+ta at launch for free in your browser, can't beat that :)

Anyone with beta invite be willing to throw one my way? Used to play Q3A a lot way back when, would love to get back into it.

Thanks!

I've been dying for this to come out, ive signed up about 5 email addresses for a beta invite with no luck.

I played so much q3 back in the day it plagued my dreams. Anyone have an extra willing to part with?

If anyone has an extra, I'm down for one. Been playing Quake competitively since it's inception

Back