Who is buying a 3090?

1606919245126.png

I'll take the one in the middle.
Sorry, that one is temporarily out of stock.
Darn, alright, I guess the one on the bottom will work.
Sorry, that one is temporarily out of stock as well.
Well damn, I don't really like the others, but whatever, I'll take the one on the right.
Sorry, but that one is temporarily out of stock right now.
WTF, OK, I'LL TAKE THE ONE ON THE LEFT.
I'm sorry, but that one is-
TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK? WHICH ONE DO YOU HAVE IN STOCK THEN?
None of them, sir.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Co-worker paid 2000 Euro for his Evga FTW3 Ultra. Now he is letting his old 2080 Ti xc ultra go for $450...

Think I’ll jump on that for the time being, might not be the biggest upgrade over the 1080t FE. At least I’ll have Ray Tracing for 2077.

Co-worker paid 2000 Euro for his Evga FTW3 Ultra. Now he is letting his old 2080 Ti xc ultra go for $450...

Think I’ll jump on that for the time being, might not be the biggest upgrade over the 1080t FE. At least I’ll have Ray Tracing for 2077.
I would. They're going for $800 on ebay.

I would. They're going for $800 on ebay.
I probably will. It will allow me to move the current gpu to backup status. I hate not having a backup card when shit gets crazy like this (or when I perform loop maintenance).

Just FYI EVGA Auto Notify list is open for the 3090 Hybrid. Once on the list, when they get stock in you get a notification if one is available for you to order with a timed link that is valid for like 6 - 8 hours.

Yeah got my notification like an hour after I put myself on the list also and placed my order :)

Doh...that mean no playing of CP2077 till next week lol

Really torn on whether to buy. Signed up for the EVGA 3090 notification this morning and now have the option to buy the XC3 Hybrid.

On one hand, it is an insane amount of money.

On the other hand, it feels like the stock for 3080 is not coming back anytime soon and I would be able to get a card now and enjoy my games. Even now I'm feeling my 1080TI at 1440p. I'm mainly playing Destiny 2 and I'm seeing about 70-80 frames on a custom ultra setting. When I look back at how much I paid for a 1080TI hybrid (Paid: $1,023.84) it doesn't seem THAT unreasonable for a TITAN class card....

It'd be nice if the 6900xt put downward pressure on the 3090 + Nvidia had to ramp up retail inventory

Wow that's cheap, brick and mortar stores are selling it $1750+150 tax so $1900 total
To be completely honest the fact I was able to score one for $1350 was the only reason I moved forward with it. Really wasn’t feeling paying $1500+ for an AIB 3090.

My back-up plan would’ve been to wait for my 3080 FTW3 Ultra email from EVGA (I was coming up in the queue in the next week or two) and then step up to a 3080 Ti.

I’m guessing the 3080 Ti FTW3 will be $1200 so I don’t feel too bad dropping an extra $150 on a full blown 3090 and having the card now opposed to probably sometime summer 2021 for the Ti. Plus the TUF variants of the Ampere cards are top notch.

Last edited:
I bought a 3090 this morning after trying to buy a 6900XT and a 6800XT after the 6900XTs sold out on AMD's site. Best Buy put a bunch of NV cards up in the morning. It's supposed to be ready for pickup on Saturday. I tried to get a couple different Gigabyte 3080s but wasn't quite quick enough, but managed to catch the EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 that came up next.

I signed up for notifications on all the 3080s on EVGA's site a while back but haven't heard anything yet. I guess I'm not surprised that 3090s are much easier to get. Looking at the scalper prices on eBay and Amazon the margins on 3080s are much better. I wonder if they even make money selling 3090s at $2000 after probably paying MSRP+tax+possibly shipping for them and paying Amazon or eBay fees on top. I think I might have finally found some sort of benefit to living in a place (chicago) where sales tax is about 9%.

My back-up plan would’ve been to wait for my 3080 FTW3 Ultra email from EVGA

I waited a long time to step up my EVGA 2070 Super in their queue. Finally got an Aorus card I really wanted in the even though I was wanting a 3080 I am very happy with my 3090.

Got her installed
Nice, doesn't look like tons of sag, either, though there is definitely some visible.

I am paranoid about sag and planning on vertically mounting the 3090 Hybrid since that's an option in the P600S he's got as a chassis.

Nice, doesn't look like tons of sag, either, though there is definitely some visible.

I am paranoid about sag and planning on vertically mounting the 3090 Hybrid since that's an option in the P600S he's got as a chassis.
Hopefully mounting mine upside down works out ok. Otherwise I'm going to have to spend another 8 hours screwing around with my case or do some sort of hack, like strapping a zip tie around the vid card and attaching it to the top of the case with a chain or wire to support it. Do not buy a be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900v2 unless you like screwing around with cases or just don't give a shit. If you give a shit you will spend all day trying out dozens of the bewildering array of possible case configurations with one of these things. There are at least 8 different ways to mount the mainboard tray, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. It does do a pretty good job on the quiet thing though.

Maybe someday we'll get a new GPU module form factor. Screws into the case like a PSU or slides into a GPU bay and uses a "16x U.2" cable or something like that.

Microcenter got some cards in stock today...Picked up this sucker

View attachment 306880

View attachment 306881

View attachment 306882
Nice, my local MC had the same exact card in stock this morning. When i checked at around 9:30am it showed in-stock Qty. of 4, thought above driving over, but within 10 minutes it said "Limited Availability"; which tends to mean people in store already have them in hand or have vouchers. Within an hour, it was out of stock. :( That's the exact card I want too.

So happy I was finally able to order my 3090 Hybrid yesterday and I'll have it in hand for Cyberpunk tomorrow, I wish all the OEMs where managing direct sales like EVGA.

Due to EVGA's queue system I have had plenty of 30x0 cards go through my hands to friends, family, and co-workers (at zero profit to me).

IMG_20201124_115038.jpg
1600W.jpg

So happy I was finally able to order my 3090 Hybrid yesterday and I'll have it in hand for Cyberpunk tomorrow, I wish all the OEMs where managing direct sales like EVGA.

Due to EVGA's queue system I have had plenty of 30x0 cards go through my hands to friends, family, and co-workers (at zero profit to me).
Damn no brackets? I'm worried my new 3090 hybrid is just gonna sag like a MF.

Damn no brackets? I'm worried my new 3090 hybrid is just gonna sag like a MF.
After taking this pic I anchored the power cables to put an upward tension on cards so we aren't worried about sag.
This machine is my friend's who started with putting all his spare CPU/GPU cycles to F@H and has now gotten to the point where we are working to upgrade all his machines to 30x0 GPUs pushing him to 100M PPT in F@H once we are done.

After taking this pic I anchored the power cables to put an upward tension on cards so we aren't worried about sag.
This machine is my friend's who started with putting all his spare CPU/GPU cycles to F@H and has now gotten to the point where we are working to upgrade all his machines to 30x0 GPUs pushing him to 100M PPT in F@H once we are done.
Ah nice. Ya'll folders be crazy. Keep up the good work <3

I am looking at the EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 XC3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING, makes sense for my configuration except who knows when that will be available. Have Auto-Notify on. I Like the EVGA 3090's with water blocks on them except they have no Auto-Notify.

Last edited:
Broke down and got one. But since I'm waiting on a FE waterblock from aquatuning I'll be lucky to install it this year.

Anyone know where to get a 1 or 2 slot io bracket for the 3090 FE?

I am looking at the EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 XC3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING, makes sense for my configuration except who knows when that will be available. Have Auto-Notify on. I Like the EVGA 3090's with water blocks on them except they have no Auto-Notify.
I think the FTW3 Hybrid notify is available tomorrow. If you get on it early you get a card it seems with two or three of us getting the XC3 hybrids day of notification available.

Last edited:
I think the FTW3 Hybrid notify is available tomorrow. If you get it early you get a card it seems with two or three of us getting the XC3 hybrids day of notification available.
That is tempting, even if $150 more (better binned chip which I always prefer, plus I would expect higher power targets with 3 PCIe 8pin connectors).

That is tempting, even if $150 more (better binned chip which I always prefer, plus I would expect higher power targets with 3 PCIe 8pin connectors).
The FTW3 chips aren’t binned any different compared to the XC3. According to Jake, EVGA just tests the cards at their advertised boost clocks which is far lower than it normally boosts to anyway. I think they only extensively bin for KINGPIN variants.

If you sign up right away at 9 you have a pretty good chance. I signed up 12/8/2020 9:01:56 AM PT got my ability to purchase at 10:12 AM

Definitely fewer people buying 3090's which make it possible to get.

If you sign up right away at 9 you have a pretty good chance. I signed up 12/8/2020 9:01:56 AM PT got my ability to purchase at 10:12 AM

Definitely fewer people buying 3090's which make it possible to get.
May give it a shot, the card 2 slot configuration once replaced will fit in my other mITX case, bedroom 4K setup, which is another reason why I am liking these hybrid options. Card should last 3+ years.

The FTW3 chips aren’t binned any different compared to the XC3. According to Jake, EVGA just tests the cards at their advertised boost clocks which is far lower than it normally boosts to anyway. I think they only extensively bin for KINGPIN variants.
So one could end up with a $300 plus card and not clock faster than a FE 3090, with the added cooling it could actually be a worst chip being able to pass boost clocks. That would kinda suck if one happened to get one like that. I would expect some level of AIB binning for the higher priced versions but maybe not.

So one could end up with a $300 plus card and not clock faster than a FE 3090, with the added cooling it could actually be a worst chip being able to pass boost clocks. That would kinda suck if one happened to get one like that. I would expect some level of AIB binning for the higher priced versions but maybe not.
Yeah only the K1ngp1n versions I think are hand binned. Generally I think the FTW3 if you notice it has 3 power cables instead of 2 like the XC3s. Might have a custom BIOS that will allow more power draw as well to have an easier time to have a stable OC.

In my experience, the FTW3 chips obviously have better cooling solutions, so they maintain higher boost clocks and also allow for a higher power limit in the bios. All of which can give you a better chance of a higher OC.

I am on the list for a FTW3 Ultra... wondering if the Hybrid is worth it instead. Can;t say I ever used an AIO on a video card, curious if it cools any better or worse than the massive FTW3 Ultra cooler. FWIW, the FTW3 Ultra 2080Ti I have almost never tops 65C.

Last edited:
So is it the EVGA XC or FTW Hybrid cards coming available for auto-notify today? I already see an auto-notify for the 3090 XC Hybrid.

To add to the confusion, on the EVGA forums, they're saying it's the exact opposite of what I'm reading here...

Back