umcpgrad

2[H]4U
I sure do

Great graphics, great story, great characters, great multiplayers games
They take their time making great games, beta testings after beta testings
Never make any crappy games. :)

I hope all companies learn from them...

Oh golly gee, I sure do love Blizzard. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, they really do put out excellent game after excellent game. I think I may have wasted more hours on Warcraft 3 than I have any other game in my life. If I was into RPGs I guarantee I'd pick up WoW. Hell, I might have to pick it up anyway. I'm waiting for some unbiased opinions before I make the final call.

They definatly know how to please me :D
wc2, starcraft, wc3 addicted to each for at least 2 years
im an RTS fan if you cant tell

WoW is done now... and they still got starcraft: ghost next...
I wonder whats next on their project board??

Starcraft 2 I hope!! :)

I'm not a fan of their games but the fact that you don't see many people bitching and moaning non-stop about them speaks volumes.

umcpgrad said:
I sure do

Great graphics, great story, great characters, great multiplayers games
They take their time making great games, beta testings after beta testings
Never make any crappy games. :)

I hope all companies learn from them...

I like the cute "great graphics" comment... Other than that, I have liked mostly everything they've put out, although I dispise WoW.. I miss the old days where mmorpgs were good, the ones that have been released lately seem to suck extremely.. The Realm is where its at.

Blizzard should make a cg movie. Their cg cutscenes are so badass.

and yes I've thoroghly enjoyed all of blizzard's games since wc2.

I was never much of a Warcraft fan before, but I played a lot of Starcraft and a bit of Diablo.

As for WoW, it's not perfect, but as far as MMORPGs go, they've done the most things right and the least things wrong of any MMORPG I've played. (No, I didn't play UO, but I've played plenty of others...)

And so, now I am a Warcraft fan and I'm even thinking about checking out the old games to get more of the story.

They've set the standard for multiplayer RTS games. I dont really have much of an interest in games like WoW though.

I waited over 2 years for a Diablo 2 patch before I finally said screw it and left the game. Un, no.

I've never played Warcraft/Starcraft.

I'd like Blizzard a lot more if they hadn't delayed Starcraft: Ghost indefinately.

My favorite Blizzard game of all time is "Rock and Roll Racing" back on the SNES and the Genesis. Of Course, it was before they became Blizzard. They were still Silicon & Synapse back then, but hey...

I wish Blizzard would go back and make a sequel to Blackthorne. That storyline could EASILY be brought into 3D and rival the newly revamped Prince of Persia games.

so true, from what I have learned the made that viking game too.. and battletoads? :eek:

I miss the good old days of the Lost Vikings. I don't think I'll ever play WoW or SC:G but if they ever make a Star Craft 2 you can be damn sure I will play it.

As for being the best, I would have to say that Bioware is better.

umcpgrad said:
so true, from what I have learned the made that viking game too.. and battletoads? :eek:

The games you're think of are The Lost Vikings and its sequel Norse by Norsewest. And, yes, they are Blizzard games, too. So far as Battletoads, I don't know. I'd have to research that one.

svet-am said:
My favorite Blizzard game of all time is "Rock and Roll Racing" back on the SNES and the Genesis. Of Course, it was before they became Blizzard. They were still Silicon & Synapse back then, but hey...

I wish Blizzard would go back and make a sequel to Blackthorne. That storyline could EASILY be brought into 3D and rival the newly revamped Prince of Persia games.
Rock and Roll Racing was amazing. Best MIDI soundtrack ever, and the gameplay was simple, yet fun and addicting.

Dijonase said:
Oh golly gee, I sure do love Blizzard. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, they really do put out excellent game after excellent game. I think I may have wasted more hours on Warcraft 3 than I have any other game in my life. If I was into RPGs I guarantee I'd pick up WoW. Hell, I might have to pick it up anyway. I'm waiting for some unbiased opinions before I make the final call.

That's like asking for unbiased reviews of crack.

ameoba said:
That's like asking for unbiased reviews of crack.

Maybe so, but like I said, I'm not a big RPG fan but I am a fairly big Blizzard fan. I love their RTS games but I've never played either Diablo. I'm wary about buying a new game and paying a monthly fee for it if I'm unsure whether I'd like it or not.

Dijonase said:
Maybe so, but like I said, I'm not a big RPG fan but I am a fairly big Blizzard fan. I love their RTS games but I've never played either Diablo. I'm wary about buying a new game and paying a monthly fee for it if I'm unsure whether I'd like it or not.

they will be awsome if they make starcraft 2..

Blizzard have made what is imo the best real time strategy of all time. Starcraft.

Unpatched Starcraft 1.0 > Warcaft3 fully patched. imo.

I still play starcraft till today. Thats what, 8 years? Too awesome.

Blizzard has once again suprised me with WoW. From the snippet I read, there might be a Diablo III, in which I hope becomes a reality, that is one game I am most definitely looking forward to. I still play D2 off and on, when I can. I have also played Warcraft, and the original Diablo, and haven't had a single bad word about any of the games.

umcpgrad said:

Omg Battletoads was so good back in the day. Whatever happened to these beat'em up games like double dragon, streets of rage, final fight, even the old school contras...classics!!

blizzard is great, WOW is great, what ISN'T great is the annoying brats that either constantly complain about the game (see the forums over at worldofwarcraft.com it's saturated with these whiners) or have no morals what-so-ever and use bots or other 3rd party programs to hack the game to lvl up or make money.. it's pretty pathetic but once I get in the game and am questing with my guild I forget it all and it's just all fun :)

Blizzard is an awesome company IMO. I loved warcraft III, truely addictive...

Blizzard is great but from what understand thier days are numbered as most of the talent behind their previous games has left.

Whatsisname said:
Blizzard is great but from what understand thier days are numbered as most of the talent behind their previous games has left.

Well sort of. Their main group (the ones who made the Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft series) left the company over a year ago. They now formed ArenaNet (currently developing Guild Wars).

Blizzard will be around for quite awhile, I can see their office as I speak .... I need to finish up my school so I can apply there :) lol.

They were the BEST in my book for a VERY VERY VERY long time when I started playing StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War...but they've been falling down toward the bottom of my favorites list...I'm still waiting on StarCraft 2...only THEN will they instantaneously be bumped back up to #1 favorite company of all time...StarCraft 2 is SO gonna totally rule!!! The game hasn't died yet has it??? They're just getting their money from WarCraft right now right??? I think when WarCraft dies down then they'll either start a whole new thing or finish up with StarCraft 2 and maybe even an expansion or two!!!

Drexion said:
Blizzard have made what is imo the best real time strategy of all time. Starcraft.

Unpatched Starcraft 1.0 > Warcaft3 fully patched. imo.

I still play starcraft till today. Thats what, 8 years? Too awesome.

This really depends on how you look at it.. im a huge blizzard fan, owning every game they've released for the pc...

but if you look at it, in games like starcraft and warcraft 2 the strategy in the game is mass units and throw it at your opponent.. (granted its a little more advanced, having to time it and knowing when to counter etc..) but in warcraft 3 its much more than that...

In warcraft 3 every last unit means something, games can be lost because you didn't micromanage and save those 2 riflement or grunts... games can be lost because you didn't go level your hero or do other things like that...

I just think warcraft 3 units have more value than any of the others, and that makes it a more strategic (and in my opinion) better game...

not to say starcraft wasn't fun, before warcraft 3 came out I spent countless hours playing it on b.net

I liked:

WC, WC2 + expansions, Diablo 1

I understood:

Starcraft, Diablo 2; ---> But I never got into these games

I didn't care much for:

WC3...but I guess it wasn't a bad game at all.

Graphics: I don't think blizzard can claim good graphics. I was impressed by WC2 graphics back in the day though.

WOW: My friend says it's fun, he plays it so much that I haven't seen him in the past month.

I reckon Blizzard are one of the best game companies around. Personally i prefer Square but the two are very different. Starcraft would have to be the best RTS ever made, no ifs or buts. I can still install it and play the single player or battlenet and get more enjoyment than C&CG or WC3 ever game me. It was just so well balanced.

WoW doesnt strike me as interesting because its just another AC, AC2, AO, EQ, EQ2, COH or UO(which is now ghey). I played UO for over 5 years so i can say MMORPG's smell. They put too many rules on killing people, cause thats all i ever did in UO. They're just pointless games with no end or satisfaction. anyway.

I wish Blizzard would stop using polygons in their games, just doesnt work for them. Bring back the days of sprites, polygons are just a marketing tool :D

I think that WoW (just guessing) may be the last of the polygon games from Blizzard. I think they used them more as an artform in WoW and because its a MMO. I hope their future games are less polygon too :)

Back