Who here is running an ICS rom?

MrCrispy

2[H]4U
On a phone other than the Galaxy Nexus/Nexus S? Trying to find a phone which has a custom ICS rom that's stable and has everything working. If it runs MIUI v4 that's even better.

Me. Deck pre-beta9. But amigo, "stable" and ICS custom roms are at this point are mutually exclusive ideas.

Damn, you ruined my chance to make a smartass comment about running an ICS ROM on my Galaxy Nexus. :p

ICS on Vivid, but it's not my daily driver. ICS on atric (one of the ROMS for it) was somewhat unstable, so it's back to stock, for now. But it's also not my daily driver.

was running it on my T989, bat life was meh so i went back to a 2.3.6 rom.

My Epic 4G Touch is running a very stable stock ICS, there's also CM9 and Miui 4 roms for it as well!

Running CM9 (Android 4.0.4) on HTC Sensation without any major problems as everything seems to be working, except HW acceleration on video playback. And Sensation also has official MIUI support with the MIUI 4.0 release.

I've tried several versions of MIUI's ICS 4.0 ROM on my Incredible 2. They've all been slow and choppy, so I'm just sticking with the standard MIUI.

Running an ICS ROM on my Galaxy Note. It's a little buggy, and I was getting SODs, but flashed a new modem and it seems to be fixed. Otherwise, I love the new features, smooth performance, and increased battery life.

Had it running on my wife's Droid Incredible for a bit. This was before Qualcomm released the new ICS drivers so she had no hardware acceleration. Wife wasn't too happy with it. AOKP was slightly unstable at that point. Would like to try again, but probably won't happen since the wife just got eligible for an upgrade. ;)

My TBolt sadly sits on 2.3.7 or 2.3.4 (based on ROM I'm running at the time) and waits for a leak of an official ICS build so we can get a working RIL. :(

Epic 4G Touch, AOKP. Has working Wimax and everything. Also has a bunch of tweaks on top that make ICS just that much more awesome.

I tried a few ICS roms (Deck's and AOKP) and also MIUI v4 on my Evo 4G. None of them are totally stable, there is working camera in some of them.

I don't think things will improve till devices get an ICS kernel which will only happen with an official release.

I'm running 4.0.4 on my mytouch 4g. Ice cold insomnia rom. Great battery life too. I'm talking 10 hours easy with 4g on the whole time. I run that as my daily driver the only thing that doesn't work is camcorder, the camera works fine tho.

I tried a few ICS roms (Deck's and AOKP) and also MIUI v4 on my Evo 4G. None of them are totally stable, there is working camera in some of them.

I don't think things will improve till devices get an ICS kernel which will only happen with an official release.

FYI Deck has a new PreBeta out. I just got it up and running, so not clue as to stability improvements...

I'm holding off with my Epic 4G Touch since a lot of people have reported issues such as notifications after a phone call not working if you exit the dialer app in certain ways... Using Blazer ROM on Gingerbread for now, and it's pretty good. Been following the leaked ICS releases reasonably closely; will probably wait for a few more revisions to come out (they seem to come out approximately weekly)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1284

I've got a custom ICS rom called abduction running on my DINC. Been using it for almost a month straight w/ very little issues. It does have issues w/ gallery and randomly likes to lock up when coming off the charger but that's about it

There are no better phones for running AOSP 4.0 roms at the moment that aren't Nexus phones than the Galaxy S series. Each of them (i9000, Captivate, Vibrant) has a fully working Cyanogenmod, with perfectly working drivers and stability....

Seriously, if you have $150 and want a contract free ICS AOSP phone, with 3G on AT&T OR T-Mobile in one phone, the Samsung Vibrant or i9000 are the best bets possible.

Waiting for some brilliant mind to crack RIL for my Verizon HTC Thunderbolt to get me some ICS love.

I am running AOKP on my i777 (at&t GSII), i have also run MIUI v4, Cyanogen and a few others from indp. devs and they are all smooth. With the i777 you can port 99% of i9100 roms over to it and it will work just fine.

A Sammy GSM phone will be your best bet for fully functioning ICS rom. I believe all the GSII variants have ICS, TMO version might be a little behind as well as the skyrocket

I am running AOKP on my i777 (at&t GSII), i have also run MIUI v4, Cyanogen and a few others from indp. devs and they are all smooth. With the i777 you can port 99% of i9100 roms over to it and it will work just fine.

A Sammy GSM phone will be your best bet for fully functioning ICS rom. I believe all the GSII variants have ICS, TMO version might be a little behind as well as the skyrocket

How is your GPS? Are there any major bugs? I've been meaning to jump to a SGS2, but I'm having a hard time nailing down what the current bugs are.....

CM9 on my touchpad, and its great! I am running the leaked official sprint ICS rom on my nexus s 4g and to be honest its great too! I'll probably root and install AOKP 4.0.4 once its up on XDA.

I'm running it on my Nook color. It looks nice but it is a bit slower than GB ATM for me.

I'm running it on my Nook color. It looks nice but it is a bit slower than GB ATM for me.

Yeah I've noticed this too. I went from ics back to cm7 on the mytouch 4g I need a working camcorder

ics leak on my galaxy note i717. kinda sluggish. ready for some real custom roms.

Running Task650's AKOP 4-7-12 ROM on my AT&T GS2. No issues except my capacitive buttons are turning on, but I can live with that.

Running Task650's AKOP 4-7-12 ROM on my AT&T GS2. No issues except my capacitive buttons are turning on, but I can live with that.

I know with my Vibrant, the capacitive buttons lighting up was because I had gotten notifications... there is a setting, somewhere, where you can disable the light (which is what I did...)

Do you use ICS as your daily driver? Hows the battery life, stability, and GPS?

I know with my Vibrant, the capacitive buttons lighting up was because I had gotten notifications... there is a setting, somewhere, where you can disable the light (which is what I did...)

Do you use ICS as your daily driver? Hows the battery life, stability, and GPS?

Sorry, meant to say that the capacitive lights don't turn on, battery life is good, stability awesome and gps works well. Its my daily driver, really couldn't imagine going back to GB.

Well actually the capacitive buttons are working again.

I have a captivate as well and have ics on it, dark knight with semaphore kernal, that works pretty well although battery life is not that great.

Last edited:
I am running a Nexus S 4G with AOKP Milestone 4. Everything works great. Just like stock. I havent ran into any problems.

Only issue is I cant get more than 8 or 9 hours of battery life and I been seeing around online people reporting like a full day (24hrs) of use !!! Im pissed about this but I cant seem to find an answer.

I am running a Nexus S 4G with AOKP Milestone 4. Everything works great. Just like stock. I havent ran into any problems.

Only issue is I cant get more than 8 or 9 hours of battery life and I been seeing around online people reporting like a full day (24hrs) of use !!! Im pissed about this but I cant seem to find an answer.

I think this may be an issue related to ICS on the nexus s 4g. I get the same life with stock ICS on my Nexus S 4G. BUT once I installed Set CPU and set a screen off profile I now get 48 hrs between charges.

I have been running ICS based ROMs since they came out for the NS4G without too many issues to speak of other than the battery seems to drain a tad bit quicker than GB. If I turn off data/wifi, it lasts quite a while before needing to be charged depending on my usage.

Overall, the latest AOKP B31 and Air Kernel 3.9.5 seems to be snappy although I'm still messing around with governors.

I think this may be an issue related to ICS on the nexus s 4g. I get the same life with stock ICS on my Nexus S 4G. BUT once I installed Set CPU and set a screen off profile I now get 48 hrs between charges.

What are your profiles?

I'm getting an easy 2 days out of my Evo 4G running MIUI GB, and almost 3 with very light usage. I tried ICS and different kernels but couldn't come close to that, plus it wasn't as stable.

If I had a Samsung phone (esp a Nexus phone) I'd switch.

Running CM9 (4.0.4) Nightly on my Samsung Vibrant (T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S). Runs better than any Froyo rom I've had on it. Didn't really play with any Gingerbread roms for a direct comparison.

GPS is still iffy but better than other roms. Battery life is excellent, almost 2 full days before I need to recharge (though, I'm also running SubZero Kernel Build #34, so that maybe partly or fully the reason for the great battery life). Modem is KA7, I may play with these to see if newer versions will improve either GPS or data.

Back