who has try MX Vertical from Logitech and are you happy w/ it?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
the buttons are at an angle, so your hand is not parallel to the desk, but at an angle. Since 99% of the mouse, your hand is parallel w/ the desk, this strange design is either geniius or crazy

also the G502 is 3 yr. warranty, but this one is only 1 yr.

They obviously do work because it's putting your hand back into a neutral position instead of a pronated position. They work best for people who either have pre-existing repetitive strain injuries that require low-impact ergonomic devices, or for those who have to stay for long hours at their computer and may not always remember to relax their mouse hand at regular intervals. Anyone can benefit from these mice but they are not an absolute necessity if you sit with decent posture, have arm rests at the proper height and distance from your body, and most importantly, remember to take breaks every now and then along with some simple exercises to help maintain long-term wrist and shoulder health.

As for why every mouse in existance doesn't use this layout: it's probably due to cost. Well-designed vertically-oriented mice are, by necessity, larger than conventional mice because they have to have a certain base width to be stable in motion, and they also have to be tall enough to grip reliably. This probably makes them more complex to assemble, and then of course they're going to take up more volume for packaging/shipping, which means they have to be more expensive to maintain profit margins.

At least, that's my idea.

I only read 1 review at youtube, and it's that skinny PC guy w/ the ear rings. His review is not good

I can’t comment on the ergonomics —- but I had an MX Anywhere 2 and the Bluetooth on that sucked badly. Scroll wheel glitched constantly.

not sure if the Verticle shares the same comms, but decent chance since it’s an MX

I can’t comment on the ergonomics —- but I had an MX Anywhere 2 and the Bluetooth on that sucked badly. Scroll wheel glitched constantly.

not sure if the Verticle shares the same comms, but decent chance since it’s an MX

I have the MX Anywhere 2S and it's a fine mouse. Even good, considering it's a wireless mouse. Unfortunately its receiver isn't as unified as they claim. I have 3 different Logitech unifying receivers and neither works with other of their gadgets. Fucking liars

Ergonomics wise, the vertical mouse definitely has some benefits over standard mice, but you need to make sure that you are using it properly otherwise you wont get the benefit.
I was suffering far too much with numbness in my hands and wrist and pain in elbow so swapped over to a vertical mouse. It was either that or spend less time on my PC which really wasn't an option.

You could also try exercising the wrist every now and then
A better review of the MX here - still not too good but definitely better than earring guy!

Ergonomics wise, the vertical mouse definitely has some benefits over standard mice, but you need to make sure that you are using it properly otherwise you wont get the benefit.
I was suffering far too much with numbness in my hands and wrist and pain in elbow so swapped over to a vertical mouse. It was either that or spend less time on my PC which really wasn't an option.

You could also try exercising the wrist every now and then
A better review of the MX here - still not too good but definitely better than earring guy!
Try using a large feather cushion/pillow to rest your arm + hand and a Logitech G502 Hero mouse to also use on the cushion.
Another way is to use the mouse on the mousepad as normal and the cushion to elevate the arm.
This is also very comfortable.
This solved all my issues and allows a variety of positions while tenderness reduces.

The G502 Hero is the best mouse I have found for tracking on a material surface (havent tried the newest wireless version).
Feather cushion because you can shape it to your exact need, reducing pressure exactly where needed, and to get the height of the hand vs mouse exactly right.
It is a serious win.

I know, I own one. It didn't fulfill its 3 yr. warranty, and logitech just keep bullying me and won't honor the warranty. Sickening company, sickening customer service, pathetic company

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I have the MX Anywhere 2S and it's a fine mouse. Even good, considering it's a wireless mouse. Unfortunately its receiver isn't as unified as they claim. I have 3 different Logitech unifying receivers and neither works with other of their gadgets. Fucking liars

Have you tried the Logitech Unifying Receiver software? I’ve never messed with it, but I was under the impression that it could be used to program a different device to the receiver. Out of the box though, they only pair with the device they were bundled with.

Have you tried the Logitech Unifying Receiver software? I’ve never messed with it, but I was under the impression that it could be used to program a different device to the receiver. Out of the box though, they only pair with the device they were bundled with.

Not sure they have that software for Linux. Will try over the weekend... in case I have nothing better to do

Considering the build quality and reliability of recent products I would stay the hell away from Logitech they are nothing like they were 10 or 20 years back.
Brand name is all they have and decent sensors.

MX master with terrible support and unfixed ratchet failures, crappy warranty, three replacements, batteries die quickly, buttons wear in a year or two etc..
Tried the MX Ergo which is the scroll wheel version of this design style, crap accuracy, slow to use and sore thumbs for day use. Boss uses that and only reason is it's portable, complains about thumbs.

What I have found to be amazing? With no strain? Even 18 hours a day? Great in daily use and can be an epicly accurate sniper without shudder and unwanted twitchiness if you need to game later?
Get away from the apple-like logigimmick stuff and use what the actual professionals use in such production environments;
Kensington expert trackball.
I've seen people in the highest echelons of video and audio production using them live and daily.

After 20+ years on normal mice high end or not, I will never go back to normal mice. I don't care if it even comes with a cute maid.
Read the reviews, it takes two weeks to get used to it and train muscle memory. Two fingers moving correctly can get your mouse from either side of the largest, widest, densest screens faster than any mouse and without moving your wrists. It astonished people, normally they have troubles following what i am doing, now with thr track ball they can't even see where my mouse is going and what I clicked... Its that fast in gui.
Crank the scroll ring up, get the corded version for this.

Also check out the CST trackballs. Some prefer them they have slightly better ball movement and bit more moddable but overall it's a functionality and ergonomics thing with the kensington expert usually taking the win for most users. Plus with cst they fit standard pool balls ;)

Once you go track, you don't go back.
Thank me later.

I know, I own one. It didn't fulfill its 3 yr. warranty, and logitech just keep bullying me and won't honor the warranty. Sickening company, sickening customer service, pathetic company
Similar experience to me and many others. People being unaware is the only reason they are still so popular.

What's sad is my family still uses an Athlon 64 era mx700 cordless desktop. It works flawlessly.
Too bad their new crap can't even last 10% of the time their old stuff does. Damn them, damn their now-crappy mice and boomy shitbox speakers to hell.

I'm not happy with quite a few mfrs of mice due to buttons failing or double clicking just after the warranty has run out, and very bad service.
If my G502 goes that route I wont be pleased, its just over a year old and still ok.
But if it lasts 2 years and you dont want RSI, maybe this is the price that needs to be paid (in my case at least, described in post 7).
Because damn, I didnt like using a trackball, I had one years ago and it didnt ever feel right for gaming.

Similar experience to me and many others. People being unaware is the only reason they are still so popular.

What's sad is my family still uses an Athlon 64 era mx700 cordless desktop. It works flawlessly.
Too bad their new crap can't even last 10% of the time their old stuff does. Damn them, damn their now-crappy mice and boomy shitbox speakers to hell.

where do you complain to get the situation resolve?

where do you complain to get the situation resolve?
Customer services... Yeah it's really fun dealing with logitech, so enjoy.
I got some shitty discount coupons for their overpriced store. Its not worth the time, just make people aware of their crappiness and move on.

I'm not happy with quite a few mfrs of mice due to buttons failing or double clicking just after the warranty has run out, and very bad service.
If my G502 goes that route I wont be pleased, its just over a year old and still ok.
But if it lasts 2 years and you dont want RSI, maybe this is the price that needs to be paid (in my case at least, described in post 7).
Because damn, I didnt like using a trackball, I had one years ago and it didnt ever feel right for gaming.
What trackball? Not for everyone but also takes quite some time. I was useless in fps games for longest. Now I'd be confident to sniper better than a mouse with practice. The accuracy and lack of high dpi jerkiness most mice users display is non existent unless you need it and actively command that way.

Customer services... Yeah it's really fun dealing with logitech, so enjoy.
I got some shitty discount coupons for their overpriced store. Its not worth the time, just make people aware of their crappiness and move on.

What trackball? Not for everyone but also takes quite some time. I was useless in fps games for longest. Now I'd be confident to sniper better than a mouse with practice. The accuracy and lack of high dpi jerkiness most mice users display is non existent unless you need it and actively command that way.
It was a Logitech, I dont remember the model.
I tried a different one that belonged to a friend and it was no better.
He used a trackball for a few years but moved back to a mouse over 8 years ago.
Mice these days are so damn stable, accurate and can quickly adjust sensitivity on the fly.
I use my mouse on a bare sofa or large cushion, it is lovely when my arm is well supported (see post 7).

Back