Who has the fastest net connection?

My Comcast 8mb cable.

ALSO this is on my wireless from the livingroom on my new macbook pro core 2.

So this test might have slightly better results from a wired connection that isn't on my "public" network.

sirholio said:
It was a happy day when it came around my area.

Yeah, they have the trucks out laying down the Fiber lines now. I would guess it will be another week or two before they are done, they have been working on it for maybe 3 weeks or so. After that is done, I think they have to set up the network which takes a while :(

Edit: My speedtest was from Norwood Light, my town ISP. Packaged at 4mb down, 256 up for like 35 WITH TV, 45 without.

the atlanta test site is the best no matter what location of hte states you are in, it's one of the biggest hubs.. and speakeasy has a datacenter located near with a massive connection to it, or so it seems

I thought this thread is about who has the fastest net connection, not who's school/employer has the fastest...

Who has the fastest interent that actually pays for it with their own money?

4mb Comcast package, paying about $30 a month for 6 months, then it goes up to $45 a month.

Cox 5 mbps down, 2 mbps up.Usually my speed test results are spot on. Might be a little low because I'm remote desktoped. I dont have to pay for the connection though. ;)

Veritas616 said:
Holy shit CopyThat, where are you in the TC? I'm in Minnetonka...with speeds nowhere near that, what's your connection/service?

Plymouth
In the Command center for United Health :)
It's fast

Home is Mediacom Cable 10M Down 1 M up

Comcast w/powerboost here! :D Runnin a little slow today, I've nudged past 80k.

bob said:
I thought this thread is about who has the fastest net connection, not who's school/employer has the fastest...

4mb Comcast package, paying about $30 a month for 6 months, then it goes up to $45 a month.

lower case "b" so I am pretty sure it is in kilobits. The real question is is it SI or 1024-based...

it's SI, or 1000. Binary prefixes are used for storage, networking uses SI.

LOL

I hate my internet.....

I am right on the edge of even being able to get dsl, so they slow my line down to 512k....is what really sucks is i still have to pay for 1.5mb DSL and there are no other providers around. Thanks Sprint! :mad:

Still better than satellite since I can play online games at least :p

Here's mine:
56583417.png

I pay for 3000/768. It's C$57/month after tax.

I live in Jacksonville, Fl.
I took one close up, and then as far away as possible.

Everyone should do it like this, so you can see the versatility and you didn't just get one-time spikes.

heres from a java tester at one of the university labs

TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v5.3.4e
click START to begin
Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 20.61Mb/s
running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 86.92Mb/s
The slowest link in the end-to-end path is a 100 Mbps Full duplex Fast Ethernet subnet
click START to re-test

i cant use the flash tester, isnt installed on these machines, and i dont have my laptop with me

bob said:

i just wanted to reply that if i were to live in a dorm, and that dorm lease for the year is bought with my own money (well money i earned on scholarships actually), and that includes internet, isn't that pretty much what you're calling for?

and let's not forget who's the op....

its a little bit slower than what I usually get.. I'm usually around 28 down and bout 4.2 up

funny how im much farther from NYC than canada.. their servers must suck or somethin

would be much faster if there werent ~30,000 computers using the same connection.

Mine :

Videotron high speed cable... I checked it to see if it got upgraded to 7 mbps since they are planning to increase it for all the customers but no increase yet :(

at work i had insane speeds, like 70k kB/s down and a little lower up, but i dont work there anymore :*(

i_am_mustang_man said:
i just wanted to reply that if i were to live in a dorm, and that dorm lease for the year is bought with my own money (well money i earned on scholarships actually), and that includes internet, isn't that pretty much what you're calling for?
No. I asked about who has the fastest connection and actually pays for it. Going by the prices around here, a line of that speed would cost you around 4,000-4,500 a month.

i_am_mustang_man said:
and let's not forget who's the op....
God forbid I ask a question in your presence ;)

Back