Who has the balls...

try the search feature, been done, and this specific one posted before! nothing new!

I've done it myself with an old P2 system that I found thrown out :D.

No pics though, it was before I had a digicam (around 2001 or so)

Haw.
Certainly had some large power bills while that sucker was running. :D

It's actually dissassembled at the moment.
The motherboard,cpu and ram that were submerged for months got a nice hot bath in boiling isopropanol and have been happily running away for 2+years as my router.

I also put one of those 226W pelts to good use ;

b19.jpg

That frosty thing exactly fits the bottom of my fav beer.

:p :p

-------------------------------

I'm actually considering rebuilding the thinktank , but there are (as always) some technical issues to be solved.....;)

I also put one of those 226W pelts to good use ;

b19.jpg

That frosty thing exactly fits the bottom of my fav beer.

:p :p

-------------------------------

I'm actually considering rebuilding the thinktank , but there are (as always) some technical issues to be solved.....;)
I'm doing something like that right now...but let's just say that mine might have a 1 in front of the 26 ;)

And is that a MCW6[0,2]00 cooling the pelt? And what are you using for the cold plate/how did you make? Of course, another awesome pelt project of yours.

First let me apologize to master_pain for the threadjack. :cool:

---------------------

I'm doing something like that right now...but let's just say that mine might have a 1 in front of the 26 ;)

And is that a MCW6[0,2]00 cooling the pelt? And what are you using for the cold plate/how did you make? Of course, another awesome pelt project of yours.

Thanks !! Good eye !! :D

You are bang on.

here's the bottom ;

b20.jpg

It ran open loop watercooling with water in @ 9c.The coldplate is a mold made from the bottom of a beercan using about 600g of silver type solder.

------------------------------------------------

Back to the OP's topic : If you like this kinda cooling (submersion), I know of two people at least who are working on more extreme versions. :p

Keep yer eyes peeled on this sub forum over the next year.

I've seen it before, and I think it's freakin' retarded. Completely impractical.

Teheheh.

About as practical as say , liquid nitrogen cooling , or DI , or multiple phase loops....

Oh wait , this is the "Extreme cooling solutions" forum.You must have gotten lost on yer way to 'general hardware'.... :rolleyes:

Totally insane, and to make it better you could rest your beer on that bad boy and it would stay frosty!!!

That mineral oil aquarium is awesome. I should take my old server box and do that to it :D Silent PC and totally cool.

That mineral oil aquarium is awesome. I should take my old server box and do that to it :D Silent PC and totally cool.

it is not accutually that cool the processor runs at 70c read the info on pugets web site. In there he even tells you that it doesn't run that cool. He states that it's stable but not as cool as air cooled systems.

Back