Who has the 2560x1024 version of this background?

fromage

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.ihateaol.co.uk/misc/dual_monitor_wallpapers/wallpaper/11.jpg

Too bad it's 2048x768, I would like to have the 2560x1024, and I know it exists, because I originally got it from someone on this forum, who posted a screenshot of his desktop that has this background and it was 2560x1024. That was like 2 years ago.

It's a beautiful background. I've been searching for a few hours on Google, deviantART and what not for this picture. I would resize it myself, but it's noticably grainy. I know there's a native 2560x1024 version somewhere.

21600 is a bit too high :p

I wanted one that shows lights of planet Earth. I've found those images before too.

just think, hundreds of years ago, people would never be able to use images like this for their desktop wallpaper.

dualdrop[H]enia

just think, hundreds of years ago, people would never be able to use images like this for their desktop wallpaper.
Hundreds? Try like 60! :)

But yeah, how much do you guys think those cameras cost that Nasa used for those images? Maybe like, all of the taxes I've paid in my lifetime multiplied by a lot?

santaliqueur said:

dualdrop[H]enia

yeah, because computers werent around then......

Man I lost this image and was thinking about finding it the other day. Thanks guys.

to what the guy said about his taxes, nasa gets less than 1% of the national budget (something around there). my middle school was one of the 50 NASA scholarship schools. ;)

what's really neat is how you can, at least for the US, spot cities and roads just by noting the lights. I'm originally from the MS Gulf Coast and I can spot the Biloxi-Gulfport metro area and can easily find and follow all of the major roads that go in and out of the area.

One side note is that if you know where Vegas is, you can easily find it, and then just up to the north west is Area 51 (Groom Lake). It's pretty damn bright for a non-existant facility.

Back