Who Has Swapped To Intel Since CD2 release??

Changed To Intel?

• Total voters
Barcelona already is proving itself to being the more provocative chip in the server arena... in the areas that matter most. I just hope supply can reach demand, and that speed will ramp up accordingly.

Although, time will tell what to expect from Phenom and the AM2+/AM3 platform. We're less than three weeks away from a launch. And perhaps Phenom with only be 1:1 (or better) than Penryn, which is good enough for me.

with the release of new cpus soon who is going to be staying with intel?

That will be decided by benchmarks.

Not entirely I guess.
Even if Phenom would perform better than Penryn, people who own a Core2-system now, may upgrade to Penryn because it's a drop-in replacement, so better value for money, and less hassle.
Personally I'm waiting for Dunnington. It could be that there will be a native quad or even hexacore on 45 nm that fits in socket 775. Now that would be a nice upgrade from a dualcore :)

im waiting for amd to come out with a solution becuase i like my motherboard.

I switched simply because AMD was takign forever to come out with their next-gen processor. I've always used AMD, and as much as I love my Q6600, as soon as I can get a quad-core Phenom I'm moving back to an AMD platform, as I like their way of doing things better. Of course, that return is predicated on the idea that performance will be acceptable, hopefully in the region of what I enjoy now with my Intel rig or almost such.

I switched simply because AMD was takign forever to come out with their next-gen processor. I've always used AMD, and as much as I love my Q6600, as soon as I can get a quad-core Phenom I'm moving back to an AMD platform, as I like their way of doing things better. Of course, that return is predicated on the idea that performance will be acceptable, hopefully in the region of what I enjoy now with my Intel rig or almost such.

Not much of a chance on that happening, I guess... seeing that you run your Q6600 at 3.2 GHz.
The fastest Phenom at release will be 2.4 GHz, and should be performing at more or less the level of a Q6600, but seeing as AMD is struggling to get the clocks up, I doubt it would overclock to anywhere near 3.2 GHz.
So you'd have to be a HUGE AMD fan if you're going to spend money so you can downgrade to a Phenom :)

i would do the same in his situation. i just simply like amd as iv allways used amd. i will stick with amd becuase i had a bad experience with a socket 478 p4 a few years ago.

Mind you, I have used AMD for nearly as long as they have been around...
I had an Am486DX2-66 as my first AMD CPU, which was AMD's second offering, not long after they finally were allowed to release the Am386DX. I think that was in 1994 or 1995.
Sadly the CPU didn't live that long, thermal death about 2 years later. It is the only CPU that has actually ever died on me.
I did try a 5k86-75 later, but was disappointed with its performance (same with the Cyrix 6x86), so I stuck to Intel during the Pentium/PII era. Then I had two Athlons, which luckily still haven't died, and performed well (Tbird 1400 and XP 1800+), despite some initial problems with flaky VIA chipsets and motherboards.
But I've never really become a big fan of AMD. Perhaps because I skipped their best offering, the Athlon64.
I have been a fan of ATi... Got a Radeon 8500 at first, which was a very nice card at the time. Then later a 9600XT, even better... The 9x00-series were really groundbreaking in my opinion. They set new standards for image quality with their smart AA and AF routines, and floating point shaders, the same standards we still use today, more or less.

i started off on a pentium 2 in 1997, then went onto a pentium 3 in 2000. after that another pentium 3. from then i never went to intel again, i had never heard of amd before i got my laptop with an athlon xp mobile 1800+! then it went to a dual athlon mp workstation, then to socket 754 with 6600gt's in sli obviously :p. after that i got a dfi lanparty ultra d with an athlon 64 3700+ with a couple of 6800's. then it went to my current pc i have in my sig. (there was a p4 s478 in the middle somewhere)

sorry about the spelling im half asleep

Back