Who has an Ouya?

are you guys side loading the emulators? If this catches on you know it will get shut down.

The EMU's are crap IMO. They are so unresponsive.

I tried the ouya controller, which is a huge piece, PS3 and Xbox360 controllers and i couldn't get rid of the lag. It's like the processor isn't fast enough. You can't go into a spastic rage of swords in Zelda or a tailspin in the Tanooki suite.. it just doesn't work. The game can't process the button inputs. Switch over to the real console and the difference is night and day. It's starting to get expensive buying one-off rare SNES games so I was really praying the Ouya would be great. Sadly, it isn't.

I agree. I bought ouya as a movie-streamer and an emulator, and both functions mediocre.

Buyer's Regret.

are you guys side loading the emulators? If this catches on you know it will get shut down.

No they are available in the store and encouraged by Ouya. There is no need to sideload.

Joke is on you though lol.

umm yeah pretty sure if this catches on they will get shut down. No way the hundred million dollar companies are going to put up with that long term.

Not sure where the joke is since I just asked a question. Napster was easy to download pirate bay made it all easily accessible for a while too.

umm yeah pretty sure if this catches on they will get shut down. No way the hundred million dollar companies are going to put up with that long term.

Not sure where the joke is since I just asked a question. Napster was easy to download pirate bay made it all easily accessible for a while too.

You can get emulators right off the Google Play Store... They get taken down and come back, no one is trying to shut down Google.

So they get taken down which exactly points to the fact they are not legal

They aren't distributing roms, just the emulators. You a lawyer? Don't sound like one.

So why doesn't Microsoft just throw up an emulator for Nintendo games on XBL, for free or a small fee then let people side load the games? Maybe you can come up with a reason but what about Sony? If they are not illegal then why would they be getting taken down and new ones popping up?

If emulation is what OUYA is banking on to succeed like I said its going to get shut down. Obviously not distributing ROMS does not allow them to stay indefinitely.

So why doesn't Microsoft just throw up an emulator for Nintendo games on XBL, for free or a small fee then let people side load the games? Maybe you can come up with a reason but what about Sony? If they are not illegal then why would they be getting taken down and new ones popping up?

If emulation is what OUYA is banking on to succeed like I said its going to get shut down. Obviously not distributing ROMS does not allow them to stay indefinitely.

Emulators have been popular since the 90s and are not illegal.

And why the hell would MS put an emulator on XBL that would encourage people to play non-Xbox games?

Because it would kill the only reason people buy Nintendo consoles? You guys have yet to explain how emulators are completely legal yet are getting taken down from the play store... CLEARLY something is not completely legal about them.

And in the very same argument why would OUYA not want the exact same thing MS wants? For people to buy OUYA games not dl a free emulator and side load games?

Circular logic.

Why would Microsoft devote a development team to make a product that plays games they cannot charge for?

I have no established that you are most certainly not an IP lawyer, and not a very sound businessman either.

I think we have established the same for you now haven't we. Still waiting for the explanation of why emulators keep getting taken down. Lets see my other apps don't disappear and I don't have to go fishing for them under a new name.

Because it would kill the only reason people buy Nintendo consoles? You guys have yet to explain how emulators are completely legal yet are getting taken down from the play store... CLEARLY something is not completely legal about them.

And in the very same argument why would OUYA not want the exact same thing MS wants? For people to buy OUYA games not dl a free emulator and side load games?

Circular logic.

The emulators have upgrades that cost money, which OUYA gets 30% of. I fail to see the circular logic, i'm not sure if you know what that means.

I think we have established the same for you now haven't we. Still waiting for the explanation of why emulators keep getting taken down. Lets see my other apps don't disappear and I don't have to go fishing for them under a new name.

But they aren't getting taken down. You are speaking completely out of your ass, as i have now made a 3rd conclusion, you don't own and never have owned an OUYA.

Also, you made the statement, the burden of proof is on you. You sound like crazy christian people, the burden of proof is not on the person who has no belief.

Tegra 3 chip is limited to 1.3GHz single core and 1.2GHz multicore. (reading its specs on Nvidia website)

When they can get the Tegra chips up to 2.7-3.0GHz you will have a nice emulator box imho. Tegra 5 is to be released in Q2 2014. Tegra 6 in 2015 lulz :( Long wait.

Right now it looks like a REALLY capable Atari, NES, Genesis/GG/SMS, Gameboy Color emulator. Just like a Dreamcast, but the Dreamcast only could do 480i/p. So this Ouya is better than that. Looks like it also needs more CPU horsepower to play GBA, SNES, N64, PS1, Sega Saturn @ 100pct full speed from what I've seen on Youtube.

Even this laptop I'm on, a quad core AMD A6-3420M struggles on a Sega Saturn game called Radiant Silvergun (By Treasure) everything else I've tried though on the Sega Saturn or PS1 with gfx upscaled runs fine though :) A single core on this laptop can do 2.5GHz so every Saturn game I've tried like Guardian Heroes or Shining Force 3 etc. works 100 percent full speed. I Use HDMI out to 55" hdtv and a Madcatz XBOX 360 SF4 6 button pad.

I also noticed PS1 games on Ouya run at that terrible native PS1 rez. Whereas the epsxe emulator on a A6 or better/similar laptop/desktop can be ran at highest settings with better gfx options like enhanced shaders to eliminate those nasty PS1 polygon glitching limitations, and enhance it further over the real PS1. The emulator writer of the PS1 on the Ouya seems to run it with no GFX enhancements. Because heck it's only running @ 1.2 or 1.3GHz. :( And he NEEDS to make that 3 bux a pop lulz!

If your a diehard gamer like me though playing NES and Genesis games in 1080p with save states is veryyyy nice. I've been using my Dreamcast+VMU+S-Video out... 480i (I think) for years (almost a decade) to emulate NesterNES, gameboy and Sega Genesis/Game Gear/MasterSystem games along with Atari, Colecovision, some MAME titles (the less demanding ones) Neo Geo games etc. So a 1080p device that's far smaller than my Sega Dreamcast that can load off an external hard drive/flash drive would be better than using these burned CD's lulz. It would be great for an emulator loving gamer like me :) I hope they do like Roku and release a new model as time goes on. Like an Ouya 2 with a Tegra 4. Then a person might be able to run GBA, Saturn, N64 games, MAME and PS1 with better gfx options...who knows but it would be a lot more exciting imo. Easier and more convenient than using a Laptop or Dreamcast.

Any word on external hard drive compatibility can it function as good as a flash drive for emulated games? Size limit?

Anyhow from what I can tell this Ouya box would FINALLY make my Sega Dreamcast obsolete...wow that console had a hell of a lifespan! For me and a few others at least :)

^your Dreamcast will still play it's own games and nothing does that better so it still has purpose.

Back