Who has a Dell 2005FPW with *no* backlight bleeding?

Besides bleeding, anyone have problems getting it perfectly straight? Mine keeps wobbling ever so slightly. I guess the connector between the screen and the stand is not strong enough to support this heavy mofo.

I've had four 2005FPW. All of them bought at different times and all had backlight bleeding. I think Dell should have dealt with this problem a long time ago. It's not really a big deal though because you can't see the bleeding unless the screen is black or very dark.

I bought a 2405FPW last month and it's perfect (well, there is one dead pixel but I'm happy).

Mine doesn't have backlight bleeding, but it is waaay too bright at the default settings. I turned mine down 1.

bigmac said:
Besides bleeding, anyone have problems getting it perfectly straight? Mine keeps wobbling ever so slightly. I guess the connector between the screen and the stand is not strong enough to support this heavy mofo.
Yes, I'm having the same problem. :(

Could someone with this monitor and running an ATI card with Cats 6.2 or 6.3 verify something for me?

I do not have the ability with this monitor to adjust horizontal or vertical picture position. I understand with DVI you don't need to but I wouldn't think the ability would be gone in the ATI Control Panel.

Also for people with their taskbar set to "Autohide", is everyone else getting a single visible line of the taskbar at the bottom of their screen? This just started when I started using this monitor, or the DVI connection. It's driving me nuts.

I've had mine for about a year now and I've had NO problems with it. It looks great to me, and everyone else who comes in contact with it. IF there is a problem with my unit, my eyes are finnicky enough to see it, but from some of the pictures I've seen on this forum I'd assume I'd have noticed.

So yes, it is possible to get a perfectly normal unit the first time. I've also got devices plugged into the USB ports and have not had any problems with those or with plugging a second computer into the analog port and switching back and forth between DVI and analog.

Puterguru said:
Also for people with their taskbar set to "Autohide", is everyone else getting a single visible line of the taskbar at the bottom of their screen? This just started when I started using this monitor, or the DVI connection. It's driving me nuts.

That's part of Windows. Everyone's does it, you might not have noticed it before if your old screen wasn't adjusted properly.

saltiness said:
That's part of Windows. Everyone's does it, you might not have noticed it before if your old screen wasn't adjusted properly.
No It has not been there on any CRT I have used for the last seven years I have been using computers. It only shows up on LCD/DVI connections. I found a program to get rid of it.

Are you sure you didn't have that program before or something? I've always had the 2 pixel bar there, all the way back to Windows 98.

saltiness said:
Are you sure you didn't have that program before or something? I've always had the 2 pixel bar there, all the way back to Windows 98.
Nope no other program, seriously. It would have driven me nuts if I had seen it before. I noticed it immediately when going from my CRT to my Dell 2005. Nice 20 inch screen, beautiful wallpaper and an irritating little blue taskbar line at the bottom of my screen. :(
The program I found can be downloaded Here . Go halfway down the page and download TaskbarHide. It works well.

MIne has moderate backlight bleeding but it does not bother me at all. I cant see it now or anything with this black background.

What does REALLY bother me with this screen is it is still far too bright even on 0 brightness setting. I have my red green and blue values down at 70.

I purchased my first 2005 last year and got a rev 01 and it is almost perfect, very very slight bleeding in the upper right corner not really noticable at all, deceided to order a second one a few weeks ago (rev 03) and it had horrible bleeding and was not even close to the other one as far as black levels, they sent me a 2nd one and it still has bleeding issues but not as bad as the first one. called again last night and after an hour on the phone they are sending another one out, if this one is as bad I will probably try to get my money back.
I understand that these things are not perfect but when I have them sitting next to eachother on my desk it annoys me that my old one looks so much better.
heck the cheap 19" dell ultrasharp that I am using at work has no bleeding at all!
My first thought was to get a the viewsonic VX2025wm but it looks like it has the same issues as the Dell. I just have my fingers crossed and hope to get a good one this time.

Mike

Well I got my second (replacement) 2005 today and the thing is perfect. Thank GOD! I would have rather sold it them to have to even bother to call Dell again.

I think most of the people who purchase the Dell 2005FPW will suffer from backlight bleeding. This problem has gone out of control. It's been almost 2 years already since they introduce this monitor, and yet I can't believe the problem is still this bad.

I just received my monitor today. It's a REVA03, FEB06, Assembled in Mexico. The backlight bleeding is terrible, it looks like 4 spot light shining toward the center. It looks even worse then what others have posted on this thread. I called them right away, within 5 mins of phone call; they decide to send me a new one right away. But, I doubt that the new one they send me will be problem free. I am preparing to send both of them back.

I am very disappointed with the quality control of Dell Monitors. This is indeed a seriously defective product, can't believe they are still sending this kind of product to customer even after 1 years of customers complain regarding the backlight bleeding issue. I knew that I am going to get some backlight bleeding, but never expected it to be this bad.

If there are none or minor backlight bleeding, I would say this is the best monitor on the market right now with the price that they are selling. But, I guess we are asking too much from Dell.

Here is a picture of my monitor

my.php

hkky said:
Here is a picture of my monitor

my.php
Wow that really is terrible. Worse than the one I just exchanged. Here is my new one that does have some in the bottom left corner. Would you guys keep this one or excahnge it? I think I can live with this. It's not perfect like I mentioned in my previous post but it's pretty good.

BackLight2.jpg

I think that I had lucky with my second one. In the picture you can see slightly a little backlight, but I tell you, only in the picture. :)

Here, a picture of my first 2005FPW (Made in UK DEC 2005 Rev A02):

BL_2005fpw_1.jpg

And another pic of my replacement (Made in UK JAN 2006 Rev A02):

BL_2005fpw_2.jpg

I got 0 dead pixels too.

What do you think?? is this a "good" one?

Puterguru said:
Wow that really is terrible. Worse than the one I just exchanged. Here is my new one that does have some in the bottom left corner. Would you guys keep this one or excahnge it? I think I can live with this. It's not perfect like I mentioned in my previous post but it's pretty good.

BackLight2.jpg
What do you guys think, should I keep this or is this as good as it's going to get?

My latest one is like that...not perfect, no, but I think I'll probably keep it. May do the electrical tape mod if it really bothers me.

TZ

Well I just got my 3rd replacement a few minutes ago and I am very happy to say that it looks perfect! :D I think even better than the one I purchased last year.
I will know for sure once I get it home and set it up next to the other one.
I was really thinking about trying to repair it if it had backlight problems but im glad I dont have to.

Mike

My friend has perfect looking 2005.

He got it with his XPS 600 in around november i think... so i think they might be getting better

I sold my second brand new 2005fpw to my friend today. We opened it up, it was Rev A03 with February 2006 as a manufactured date. No dead pixels and NO BACKLIGHT BLEEDING!!! His is even better than my almost perfect one. Pictures to come soon.

It makes me wonder if why so many of you guys are getting a bad one.

The one I use is fine, no real bleeding to speak of.
The one on my girlfriend's desk is 100% perfect.
The one on my desk at work is 100% perfect.

Puterguru said:
What do you guys think, should I keep this or is this as good as it's going to get?

I don't know what kind of response you're hoping for with that picture. You can barely even see the screen in it.

Back