Who else wants an Acer Ferrari 3200

vanquished

Limp Gawd
omg..it looks so sexy, so perfect. That red shine on the cover is irrisistable. Couple that with the mobility 9700 athlon 64 2800+ and 512 DDR2700 ram!!! I must get it!!!

yeah i wanted one for a bit too, but i ddnt like the pc 2700 as much as my dual channel pc3200 i have now. it definately is sexy though, and A64 is always a plus. i am an amd guy, so it was kinda painful to jump on the intel bandwagon :(

Ordered one two weeks ago from digitalspyders.com.

Salesman was nice, but it seems that acer's shipment has been delayed for quite a while (or am I getting BS'd?).

Kelvie said:
Ordered one two weeks ago from digitalspyders.com.

Salesman was nice, but it seems that acer's shipment has been delayed for quite a while (or am I getting BS'd?).

i think your getting BS'd they are all over the place here

anybody else see the sexy notebook from ASUS's presentation at the AMD Technology tour -- Athlon 64 / ATI 9700 combo + thin and light

The_In_Kid said:
i think your getting BS'd they are all over the place here
Want to point me in the direction of a place that has them in stock? (for a reasonable price, ships to canada)

Wow.. expensive. ATIC.ca (a local shop) sells it for 2685CDN (I emailed them).

Anyways, I think I'm going to have to go with an LG model instead. The LG-CUWU1 has a 1.7 dothan processor, is only 1.0" high, and weights 2.4kg.

It comes with 512m PC333 ram, and an ati 9600 Mobility Radeon at 64mb. The hard drive is 80gig (probably 4200rpm.. ugh). 15" screen at 1400x1080. It's made by LG, so the monitor should theoreically be top-notch.

Also, it is supposed to last 10 hours (measured with BatteryMark) on a single 9-cell battery (although it comes with a 6-cell, and I've yet to find a place that stocks the 9-cell).

It's 3030CDN at ATIC.

This laptop seems to not be availble in the US, however.

ten hours of battery life??? woah, that's amazing, considering the ferrari 3200 only gets 2 1/2 hours on the powersaving mode

Like Frustration said i'm going to be buying a Sager 4750 from pctorque once i see adam do a few reviews on them. It looks rather promising.

Back