Who else puts Armor All on their mouse feet?

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
I hate the feeling of a mouse dragging across a surface. I applied Armor All to my desk a while back and when everything started sliding off at the slightest vibration, I thought it might work that well for my mouse. Other than needing to reapply every day or other day (depending on surface, I assume), it's worked surprisingly well at reducing friction and simulating the feel of a much lighter mouse.

Anybody else use AA or similar for theys mice feets?

That's actually pretty cool. They have a pretty wide line of products, got a link to what you used exactly?

Do you have issues with residue building up on the mouse, desk, or hand?

Less resistance is better but the inconsitenincyof it wearing off and having to reapply it wouldn't be good for your aim.

Teflon seems to be the best surface. The least amount of friction with good tracking.
If your mouse feet wear out you can usually get replacements or put Teflon tape over them and it usually lasts months if not years

Just my kind of topic :) .
The least amount of friction (silky movement) has been my aim for years. I'm very sensitive to mouse friction and have tried many things over the years. Including treating the desk with different solutions.
The best results have always been to use a hard mouse pad (as a starting point).
Teflon feet are relatively Ok while they are new. Sometimes applying some kind of force over them with a finger just to slightly modify their shape gives another week or month of good anti-friction.
The best combination I settled with for the last 5-6 months is metal feet (my Bloody V3m) on a Razer Sphex v2 pad. I've never seen such a perfect gliding that doesn't worsen after few weeks or months.
On the same mousepad I test other mice with teflon feet and none is even close to the feeling of metal feet.
If I ever switch for another mouse that has teflon, I'd just replace them with the metal ones from this mouse, one way or another.

Never heard of using it.
As long as the feet didn't have burrs or grit on the bottom, I'm happy..
IIRC, back in the day there was a product made for feet.

Back