Who else is gonna try to get a 6900xt today?

It will, and you will be able to add to cart, but you will not be able to checkout unless you select a store in bumblefuck nowhere, because there is 0 allocation left for your region (VA).
Ya, I was able to add to cart and no local store for pickup. :(
What is the deal with online only ordering and having to pick up in a store?

The other issue I have is AMD site is still messing up for me. I can't buy anything. Trying to buy a 3950x just to cancel after buying to test it. Won't let me.

Ya, I was able to add to cart and no local store for pickup. :(
Yep, its really great if you live in a low-population region. Otherwise, it's about as much of a crapshoot as any of the other websites.

Just found that out as well, added a 3090 to my BestBuy cart, hurry hurry, check out fast, wait, there is no store you can pick this up at. Why not just mail it, didn't ask for store pickup.

Just found that out as well, add 3090 BestBuy cart, hurry hurry, check out fast, wait, there is no store you can pick this up at. Why not just mail it, didn't ask for store pickup.
Bestbuy is only mailing to local stores for curbside pickup on all hot items for the last month. They won't ship to anyone's home.

Last edited:
Reactions: noko
like this
I've tried plugging different places in for fun and I very much could order to some bumblefuck store in a bumblefuck state while I couldn't to NY, CA, coastal states, etc., so I'm fairly convinced there are regional allocation caps.

I've tried plugging different places in for fun and I very much could order to some bumblefuck store in a bumblefuck state while I couldn't to NY, CA, coastal states, etc., so I'm fairly convinced there are regional allocation caps.

Pretty much. I can check out in Indiana 46011 right now if I want a road trip of about 1100 miles.

Last edited:
For example, for those of you with an item in cart, try plugging in an Indiana zip code. You'll be able to checkout... lol.

3 farcical launches from amd in quick succession, just incredible. And they seemingly managed to fuck up their website globally as people in the uk as well were getting some random bullshit about a non recognised address or postal code when they were about done checking out.

Incompetence of the highest order.

For example, for those of you with an item in cart, try plugging in an Indiana zip code. You'll be able to checkout... lol.
Ridiculous and true. I couldn't get a 3080 or 3090 to go to near where I live in CO and I could plug in an IN zip and pick from any store.

How stupid is this.

Bestbuy is only mailing to local stores for curbside pickup on all hot items for the last month. The won't ship to anyone's home.
Would be nice if that was mentioned somewhere clearly. More wasting of time, lol, is this a bad game or something? Why even allow me to add it to my cart when my location, store etc. is already chosen? AMD collapsed, Newegg never saw anything in stock, then a tease for a 3090.

They (nVidia and AMD) need to just stop releasing products until supply is stabalized. They're just frustrating consumers and doing no one any favors.

Ridiculous and true. I couldn't get a 3080 or 3090 to go to near where I live in CO and I could plug in an IN zip and pick from any store.

How stupid is this.

Ludicrously so, how does something like that even happen? Just one farce after another.

I still have a 6800XT in my AMD cart, but I get some pop up window about "submit is not a function". /shrug

I still have a 6800XT in my AMD cart, but I get some pop up window about "submit is not a function". /shrug
it's gone. you can't buy it no matter how much you try now. they just fixed NORMAL buying items in the last 5 minutes. I can now buy a 3900x cpu.

it's gone. you can't buy it no matter how much you try now. they just fixed NORMAL buying items in the last 5 minutes. I can now buy a 3900x cpu.
AMD had been adding 6800 XT pretty much every single day for sale at AMD.com.

No it hasnt. I've had a bot ....
Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg

XD

I use the bot for tracking if it comes back, I manually buy everything. I say bot, but it's just some javascript code on their main page that refreshes and checks if anything has changed in the tiles for buying. It isn't sophisticated enough to actually buy anything.
I know, just busting balls. haha

Went back to AMD:
"We're sorry but AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics is currently out of stock. Please return to the Shopping Cart and remove the product to complete your order. We apologize for any inconvenience."

The wording to complete your order is to delete you choice is amusing. Went to cart which has 1 on it, when opened, it says nothing is in cart???

will have to delete cookies again I see. . .

No it hasnt. I've had a bot checking every 3 seconds since launch.
I've also been checking daily each hour between 8AM and 10AM CST, for the first two weeks after the 6800XT launch, as an exec from AMD stated in a video interview they will be restocking the AMD site every day. It was bullshit. During those 2 weeks, excluding launch day, they only restocked I believe 2-3 times if I remember right, and of course it was sold out/timed out within seconds type of crap each of those times.

I had a 6900XT and a 6800XT in my cart a few times and got to the first page of checkout a couple times, but after punching in credit card info the next one came up 503 Temporarily Unavailable. Then after a few retries you get cookie-banned. So clear cookies and start over. I don't know why they use that cookie crap. It won't stop bots once the developers figure out how it works.

On the up side...
Would NVidia try to shit on AMD's launch? Of course they would! Best Buy had a bunch of 3000 series NV cards this morning available to order for pickup next weekend. While all the botters were trying to snag Radeons I snagged an EVGA RTX 3090 XC3 Ultra for pickup at a nearby store. Little pricey, but at least I'll have a new card for my Christmas staycation. They had some 3080s too, mostly Gigabyte though I wasn't quite quick enough on those.

Does it turn yellow to add to cart and stay yellow?
View attachment 306823
yea it does. I couldn't get in on the 3080. Got in on 3060ti and 3090. Looks like my region don't want to shell out 1500 may be thats why lol. 3080 founders edition gave me no options for store pickup that means its usuall out of stock. 3060ti, 3070, and 3090 all allowed me to do verification and had place order button. I just did the 3060ti and 3090 in that order lol. 3090 button took a good while to show up, so I was surprised there were still some left for my region.

I tried this morning - got into work tried again and failed. That AMD checkout process is a damn nightmare. I did end up scoring an RTX 3070 through BestBuy so it sort of worked out.

They (nVidia and AMD) need to just stop releasing products until supply is stabalized. They're just frustrating consumers and doing no one any favors.
They're selling shit and making cash flow. Its called business. Everyone that uses money should learn this.

I've also been checking daily each hour between 8AM and 10AM CST, for the first two weeks after the 6800XT launch, as an exec from AMD stated in a video interview they will be restocking the AMD site every day. It was bullshit. During those 2 weeks, excluding launch day, they only restocked I believe 2-3 times if I remember right, and of course it was sold out/timed out within seconds type of crap each of those times.
If it sold out instantly how does one know how many time they restocked ? (it would have need a 100% of the time constant looking at it to known and even then bots are so fast..., I can even imagine constant f5 on multiple device/browser missing something in the current environment)

The situation is such that amazon is almost an impossible place to get one now that so many people (meaning even those among us) are using bots to try and buy there. My bots have missed being able to buy things on amazon, though they tried, because they could not get through checkout fast enough or get the item in the cart. This happens when you have a scenario where say 100 units come into stock. There may be hundreds if not thousands of people running a bot, and who knows how many more people not running one, trying to check out against that at nearly the exact same time. In practice, it makes your odds of getting something even with a bot close to zero. While that's disappointing to those of us who aren't trying to scalp cards, it needed to happen, because it helps to make the odds of success for scalpers running a 'professional' bot on amazon much closer to zero now.

For those of us who are working during the day and can't just drop everything to run and try to order something on literally seconds notice from some discord channel, we are pretty much completely unable to get anything. When drops happen at newegg or amd's website they are gone in seconds. Many of us are just going to have to wait until March or later. Or pay a scalper.

Back