Who else is gonna try to get a 6900xt today?

AMD Canada has stock too, kinda tempted to get it and compare against the 3080. Decisions.

Right now I cannot get to AMD site, Access Denied. Does anyone know how long that will be in effect? Like I would like to download drivers eventually or find other info out.

Can anyone be surprised? Sure Nvidia and AMD are having supply issues - but the bots and scalpers aren't helping at all. In store is the only way to go at this point. Or buying off of a friendly fellow [H] member who got lucky and scored multiple XYZ.

I'm done for the morning too. You'd figure they can AI the crap out of our data but they can't figure out how to make a shopping cart that can stop bots. Jeebus.
It didn't seem like any attempt was made to filter out bots, more like banning real people from even accessing their website. I did find out if I used a different browser I can access AMD again but with Chrome it just says access denied.

The "Next Step" button have the time says it's doing something then nothing.

btw, sometimes I get an error saying wrong CC info, and then some totally different CC Card number is showing up and then I'll have to change it back to the one I entered.

Last edited:
Best Buy have in stock but I couldn't get pass the checkout process.

AMD CPU - out of stock
AMD GPU - out of stock
PS5 (both) - out of stock
XBOX X - out of stock

WTF is going?!

Last edited:
Arg! I made it to the shipping and then the confirm order page. After several attempts of clicking confirm order, it took me back to the cart.

I am stuck on this page,
rx-6800-xt-amd-site.jpg

Yup I made it to that page several times and the website would crash, I would refresh and crash again. It would do it until I refreshed enough to get banned.

If you get access denied, either switch browsers, or do a full cache clear . It's browser based, had 6 browsers open between 2 machines, 4 got banned.

Reactions: noko
like this
Gone.

Simply gone.
But did anyone expect otherwise? Ha.
We all knew.

Now it's back to our luddite hut.

If you get access denied, either switch browsers, or do a full cache clear . It's browser based, had 6 browsers open between 2 machines, 4 got banned.
I figured that out as well, cleared cookies in Chrome the site became available again. Now what bot would not do that? I call all of these recent launches paper launches. AMD CPUs are now more readily available at least there is some hope of finding one.

Damn it! Went to Best Buy and the XFX 6900XT had add to cart, hit add to cart and window popped open saying it was still not in cart but the add button will turn yellow again when I could, bot check I think. Plus it noted to check out quickly once added to chart. Then I noticed I was not automatically logged in since I cleared my cookies etc. Logged in to BestBuy and now it has sold out. . .

Damn it! Went to Best Buy and the XFX 6900XT had add to cart, hit add to cart and window popped open saying it was still not in cart but the add button bill turn yellow again when I could, bot check I think. Plus it added to check out quickly once added. Then I noticed I was not logged in since I cleared my cookies etc. Logged in to BestBuy and now it has sold out. . .
bestbuy website is trash for these items. wont even try that site.

bestbuy website is trash for these items. wont even try that site.
I've had the most success with Best Buy lately thanks to their new system. 3090 FE, 3080 XC3, Ryzen 5900X, and now a 3090 TUF all secured from Best Buy with their new system over the course of the past 3-4 weeks. It's probably your best shot especially if you don't have ApplePay to compete on Newegg. Amazon is a lost cause because they have absolutely 0 bot protection and give 0 fucks that they don't as well.

the 6900xt isn't really any faster than the 6800xt by reviews. It just is a slightly better binned 6800xt.

Yeah, but I'm the geeky sort, not the gamer type.
I'm a hardware nut, and I love perfectly binned chips more than I care about mere "performance."

Well, I guess performance is nice too. Either way, I can't get either a 6800 XT or a 6900 XT.

What a world!

I've had the most success with Best Buy lately thanks to their new system. 3090 FE, 3080 XC3, Ryzen 5900X, and now a 3090 TUF all secured from Best Buy with their new system over the course of the past 3-4 weeks. It's probably your best shot especially if you don't have ApplePay to compete on Newegg. Amazon is a lost cause because they have absolutely 0 bot protection and give 0 fucks that they don't as well.
every time I've tried best buy in the last 3-4 weeks on anything, I can add to my cart but it won't ship and I can never select a store to pick up from no matter what item it is. video card or console.

Wtf. I got in on 3090 founders edition on Best Buy and 3060ti gigabyte. Jesus. Idk what to do. I did it so I could think about it later. 😂😂😂😂
I guess it’s shipping to store I can sit on it.

I have no idea what I have done. Been trying for so long I had to buy.

Had a chance to buy 3070 as well. Gigabyte white edition.

If I keep the 3090 I am not buying shit for 5 years.

If you all been looking for either hit me up. I am not a scalper but you can pay me some premium for my services and your piece of mind. 😂

Wtf. I got in on 3090 founders edition on Best Buy and 3060ti. Jesus. Idk what to do. I did it so I could think about it later. 😂😂😂😂
I guess it’s shipping to store I can sit on it.

I have no idea what I have done. Been trying for so long I had to buy.

Had a chance to buy 3070 as well. Gigabyte white edition.
Where are you located? Apparantly the stock is region locked for pickup. Midwest has readily available units for checkout, while if you manage to add anything to cart on either coast, you're not going to be able to select a store for pickup.

Where are you located? Apparantly the stock is region locked for pickup. Midwest has readily available units for checkout.

Michigan. I couldn’t get in on 3080. Almost had it. But had a chance to get through 3070 as well. I got in on 3060ti first and waited forever for add to cart button to appear on 3090. It finally did. Didn’t have time to think lol.

I did her cash back on the my Best Buy card 6%. So that helps.

Does it turn yellow to add to cart and stay yellow?
BB-3080-cart.jpg

Back