Who else is addicted to WoW ?

Level 51 in a month? Yea it is safe to say that your are thouroghly addicted :)

Anyways, I am enjoying the game, I just wish they would fix their techincal problems. The server side lag has been getting really noticable, and the AH and mailbox lag continues to pop up. But seeing as this is Blizzard's first MMO, I guess problems were to be expected. Oh, and for cool offline profiles check out allakhazam's WoW Reader. Here is mine:

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?18837

Thottbot profiles are nice too but they aren't being updated and you need cosmos to use them (although it is a great GUI).

Hopelessly addicted. My main is Farthe, a level 35 Tauren Warrior on the Mannoroth server.

On the PvP issue, I have no problem with it. Yes I've been ganked, a few hundred times, but other than the immediate frustration it doesn't bother me. We are at war, they are taking advantage of finding an easy opponent alone. Fair enough. If I am questing in contested territory, then I knowingly accept the risks.

On the flip side, on my server we have 15,560 accounts currently. Of those, 9,110 are Alliance and 6,450 are Hoard. We have decided that we must do something to try and counter that imbalance. The Alliance outnumber us and they are higher level than us, plus they have the most overpowered class ever - the paladin. So, we are working on...slowing their leveling progress. Rule number 1 - all pallys are Kill on Sight; no exceptions. Plus we every day or so do raids on the Wetlands to try and...cull the herd. We can generally last a few hours in there before the Alliance gathers a high enough group together to drive us out.

While I fully expect someone to call us immature dicks, we are playing an mmo that was developed for PvP, plus we are playing on a PvP server. We do not go into Alliance lands and try to do any of the exploits that will flip a pvp flag on...we only attack those in contested lands.

And true, there isn't any experience, but a good fight between two similarly leveled groups of 5 or 10 is just about the most fun I've ever had. The...fear of sneaking through Ashenvale knowing that at any time 8 Night Elves may come screaming out of the trees at you...your head is on a constant swivel, your shoulders are tense. You come over a hill and you see an equal level gnome mage...you two stare each other down, trying to figure out if one of you will start a fight or if you are going to each go on your way and not bother the other. A few minutes later you come across three humans, all 5-10 levels lower than you are. The fight could go either way...should you attack or not?

DAMN this game is fun. The thrill of going up against other humans rather than crappy AI with their spawn rates and aggro radius just can't be stressed too much.

man, i'm beginning to realize how slowly my priest has been leveling. i'm at 33, and i've been playing about 2 hours a day for the past three weeks! that's slow. maybe it's me, but priests in this game get the shaft in terms of leveling. :(

but anyway yeah, it is a great game, very addicting. it hits on the same reward centers in the brain like pochinko or drugs i think! :D

MuadDib420 said:
man, i'm beginning to realize how slowly my priest has been leveling. i'm at 33, and i've been playing about 2 hours a day for the past three weeks! that's slow. maybe it's me, but priests in this game get the shaft in terms of leveling. :(

but anyway yeah, it is a great game, very addicting. it hits on the same reward centers in the brain like pochinko or drugs i think! :D

I think they are a bit slower PvE, but on the other hand they kick ass in PvP. If I come 1 on 1 versus a Priest or a Paladin, I usually can't win. Fear + heals make priests so tough to overcome.

{EB}NuTSymPToM{EB} said:
rdytorave were the same damn person i swear...i started last week and have a lvl 25 dwarf warrior....

this game is painfully addicting...i get back from work and play until dinner...i eat, watch the simpsons, play until about midnight then shower and sleep

its so sad...its my first mmorpg, and i wasnt even excited about wow...then i read some final reviews and decided i needed it

its a great game that only has a few minor flaws...most notably my warrior...the paladin does the exact same job, but better....same armor, almost same weapons, same health, they can heal...thats the only difference as far as im concerned...warriors are also useless against other players unless the ultimate-type spells are used and a rage potion...rage right now is a broken system imho

but im having too much fun to care anyway :)

I actually thought about being a dwarf because I thought they might have some special blacksmith ability, but I like Tauren more. I'll probably start a dwarf character soon though.

Yeah the Warrior class is really screwed right now. Hopefully Blizzard takes some of these suggestions to heart.

About the only weapons that I can carry as a warrior and be effective are dual-hand, otherwise I can't generate enough rage to be worthwhile.

{EB}NuTSymPToM{EB} said:
its a great game that only has a few minor flaws...most notably my warrior...the paladin does the exact same job, but better....same armor, almost same weapons, same health, they can heal...thats the only difference as far as im concerned...warriors are also useless against other players unless the ultimate-type spells are used and a rage potion...rage right now is a broken system imho

I have to agree with that. My main is a lvl 39 paladin and warriors near my level don't stand a chance. If I start getting worried, I use a divine intervention and a heal, and it's all over. A party with 2 paladins in it is so much more powerful than a party with 2 warriors. Still, I do get jealous when a warrior goes to town with 2 weapons. They really can deal damage faster. The combination of melee and spell casting is just really fun with the paladin, plus buffing other party members is nice. And a paladin doesn't have to pay for his mount..

The paladin really is the best class to solo with as well. I have talents in my wisdom buff, so I recover mana really fast. That allows me to heal myself after a fight and move on, with no down time. Combine that with armor buffs and talents, and you have one mean killing machine. The kicker is that a good paladin has to manage a lot in a party. The paladin is repsonsible for himself and other party members, and that can get a little sticky in a big fight. People tend to follow paladins around as well, so it's good if you can look like you know what you're doing.. :)

TrueBuckeye said:
On the PvP issue, I have no problem with it. Yes I've been ganked, a few hundred times, but other than the immediate frustration it doesn't bother me. We are at war, they are taking advantage of finding an easy opponent alone. Fair enough. If I am questing in contested territory, then I knowingly accept the risks.

On the flip side, on my server we have 15,560 accounts currently. Of those, 9,110 are Alliance and 6,450 are Hoard. We have decided that we must do something to try and counter that imbalance. The Alliance outnumber us and they are higher level than us, plus they have the most overpowered class ever - the paladin. So, we are working on...slowing their leveling progress. Rule number 1 - all pallys are Kill on Sight; no exceptions. Plus we every day or so do raids on the Wetlands to try and...cull the herd. We can generally last a few hours in there before the Alliance gathers a high enough group together to drive us out.

While I fully expect someone to call us immature dicks, we are playing an mmo that was developed for PvP, plus we are playing on a PvP server. We do not go into Alliance lands and try to do any of the exploits that will flip a pvp flag on...we only attack those in contested lands.

Yes, immature dicks is was what I was thinking. like you should be applauded for not using an explot.. :rolleyes: Ganking people to try and slow their leveling progress? That's one of the most silly things I've heard. There are 9,110 alliance players and you think your party runnning around ganking a few guys is going to affect the leveling progress? All you are doing is annoying people, pure and simple. A god damn greifer.

You know.. it's a game.. and ya, you play a game that allows PvP, and on a PvP server.. so what? There should be some code of conduct. Paladin's are KOS, because you think they are over powered? That's silly as well. I see the kind of player you are.. just like last night, I was minding my own business, trying to finish a quest near Booty Bay. I was on a beach fighting a lvl 40 elite mob, when I saw the hunter target go up on my head, and I knew what was about to happen. Sure enough, I swivel just in time to see 3 horde and there was nothing I could do about it, but start my corpse run. So, what did that gain those 3 bastard and cowardly horde? Not a god damn thing. It cost me time and aggravation and some extra money in repairs. That's it. It also makes me want to bitch slap a bunch of lowbie horde and grief them until they log off the server. But then, I don't play that way. If I want to pick a fight with horde, I'll let 'em finish with their mob first.. or I'll look for somebody that's spoiling for a fight.. or I'll help repel a raid. That's all good. You're just one of those annoying fucks that doesn't get it, and does nothing but annoy people. PvP is supposed to be fun for all concerned, not a tool for immature dicks.

I have to agree, that is a piss poor reason. Blizzard needs some sort of an honor system badly. If you are on a PvP server then fine, ganking happens. But there should be consequences. Personally, I never attack people who are mid fight with an npc nor do I attack people well below my level. I want a challenge, not a quick & easy kill.

World of Warcraft ... more like World of War-CRACK

First off they use the peer pressure factor (everyone talks about how great it is) ... and say "don't worry first times free", or First Stress Test as they called it. So once I get addicted they cut me right off ... cold turkey.

After weeks of cold sweets and hours spent trolling the WoW boards they finally announce its coming back. This time tho .. to guarantee your fix ... you have to sign up for file planet. So I say .. well its only a one time fee, so I pay.

Then again they cut me off ..... and now its 15$ a month. Jeez ... I had never experienced a situation like this, like the Police officers so clearly outlined in grade 5, when speaking out against the dangers of drugs(pfft ... lot of good that did 420 all the way).

First it starts off free ... then once you are addicted they raise the price.

And Now im addicted and I cant stop =(

Great game tho =)

Bonk
Level 35 Dwarf Warrior
Eonar

Can't. . . post. . . on. . . . hard. . . .forums. . .too. . . busy. . . .playing. . .WoW

I have an opportunity to get WOW for free (which I hope comes with the first month free), but basically I want to know from the fans of WOW if it's really worth it. I wont be playing it non-stop, probably only for an hour or two here and there, is it still worth it? Free or not I was debating on getting into this game and now that I have a copy basically waiting for me I would like to know if a small hour or two MMORPG gamer can justify the monthly costs?? Thanks

-Rikus

You'll start out playing for an hour or two, and then it'll be an hour or 4, then an hour or 7....

Yes its worth it :). You can have fun as much as anyone else only playing a little bit. Its the "only playing a little bit" part thats hard.

Direwolf20 said:
You'll start out playing for an hour or two, and then it'll be an hour or 4, then an hour or 7....

Yes its worth it :). You can have fun as much as anyone else only playing a little bit. Its the "only playing a little bit" part thats hard.
QFT

WoW is where time goes to die.

Yes, immature dicks is was what I was thinking. like you should be applauded for not using an explot.. :rolleyes: Ganking people to try and slow their leveling progress? That's one of the most silly things I've heard. There are 9,110 alliance players and you think your party runnning around ganking a few guys is going to affect the leveling progress? All you are doing is annoying people, pure and simple. A god damn greifer.

Perhaps we are griefers, but I don't think so. There is also a chance that we are just playing the game that was forced upon us. As a Hoard, I can't do any quests in Ashenvale, Stonetalon, Thousand Needles, or Hillsbrad without at least 3 other people with me to discourage the Alliance gank squads. Most nights after 7:00 PM EST you can't step outside of Tarren Mill since it is ringed by lvl 50+ Alliance. You are forced to group, to give up quests in certain areas, and forced into instances where it is safe. This is the game that the Alliance has brought to us...we all had vows against ganking that we have had to abandon. Now there are times, especially one on one, where I let much lower levels go, but when we raid, the only Alliance who live are the ones who can out run us. I do not corpse camp, but there are others in my guild who do. I feel that you kill them once, then move on. If they come back for revenge, that's fine. Otherwise they are free to go.

Also keep in mind that this is all considered by Blizzard to be acceptable behavior. If you do not like my behavior, then their position is that you must use "in-game actions" to change my behavior.

You know.. it's a game.. and ya, you play a game that allows PvP, and on a PvP server.. so what? There should be some code of conduct.

You know, it IS a game. And since the death penalty is virtually non-existent, the worst you lose from my attack is a few minutes of time and a bit of ego. Besides, think of how good it would feel to turn my gank back on me and dance on my corpse?

Paladin's are KOS, because you think they are over powered? That's silly as well.

You think I'm silly. I think that pallys are only good when their skulls are being used as soup bowls. It is a difference of opinion that we are just going to have to live with.

I see the kind of player you are.. just like last night, I was minding my own business, trying to finish a quest near Booty Bay. I was on a beach fighting a lvl 40 elite mob, when I saw the hunter target go up on my head, and I knew what was about to happen. Sure enough, I swivel just in time to see 3 horde and there was nothing I could do about it, but start my corpse run. So, what did that gain those 3 bastard and cowardly horde? Not a god damn thing.

They gained joy! Entertainment! Merriment! And that warm cozy feeling one gets when he sees a holier-than-thou pally writhing on the end of 7 feet of steel blade. Heh, I have to tell you if you haven't heard a gnome skreech as he is squished to jelly under an 85 pound maul you haven't lived yet.

It cost me time and aggravation and some extra money in repairs. That's it.

Exactly, that is it. 50s in repairs, which you can afford since you don't have to get money for a mount like almost every other class, and a few minutes. No big deal.

It also makes me want to bitch slap a bunch of lowbie horde and grief them until they log off the server. But then, I don't play that way. If I want to pick a fight with horde, I'll let 'em finish with their mob first.. or I'll look for somebody that's spoiling for a fight.. or I'll help repel a raid. That's all good.

You can be the old military that wants to make appointments for battle, stop the war for afternoon tea, and make sure that every combat is an individual fight for honor. Meanwhile, I'm going to use hit and run tactics, hitting where you don't expect it, penetrating behind enemy lines, striking where you are weak, and then slipping away before you know what happened. You can have your fight for honor...I'll meanwhile be making a lounge chair out of your bones and sending it to your parents.

You're just one of those annoying fucks that doesn't get it, and does nothing but annoy people. PvP is supposed to be fun for all concerned, not a tool for immature dicks.

A game is supposed to be fun...there are servers out there for you to be safe. If you need safety to have fun, then go for it, I honestly hope you find it more to your liking. In the meantime, perhaps you shouldn't lecture others when they are only playing within the spirit of the game.

Micas said:
The paladin really is the best class to solo with as well.

Arguably the best.
I'd say rogue is very close if not ahead in soloing ability.

Micas said:
So, what did that gain those 3 bastard and cowardly horde? Not a god damn thing. It cost me time and aggravation and some extra money in repairs. That's it. It also makes me want to bitch slap a bunch of lowbie horde and grief them until they log off the server. But then, I don't play that way. If I want to pick a fight with horde, I'll let 'em finish with their mob first.. or I'll look for somebody that's spoiling for a fight.. or I'll help repel a raid. That's all good. You're just one of those annoying fucks that doesn't get it, and does nothing but annoy people. PvP is supposed to be fun for all concerned, not a tool for immature dicks.

You will continue to die and die and die. The only thing honor or mercy is going to bring you is a knife in the back, learn it, live it. Sure its no fun to get ganked but that is what PVP is about, sounds like you want consensual PVP or the proverbial fair fight. If you go to the regular servers you can do that. I'm not endorsing corpse camping or the exploiting the shooting through the walls like some lame ass people do. But we are factions at war, expect to kill and be killed.

Truly there is nothing sweeter than revenge.
A group ganked one of my guild 5v1, I caught up to them later.
Just me alone, vs 5 of them all of us simliar lvl, they were hunting, I picked a target Mr. Mage. Mr. Mage thought it was safe to sit down with his group and eat, well 3 seconds later he is dead and I'm vanishing only to come back and do it again before any of his group could even touch me. Was that fair? Dunno was it fair for them to go 5v1 on my guy, paybacks a bitch. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about any of it just telling a story.

TrueBuckeye said:
A game is supposed to be fun...there are servers out there for you to be safe. If you need safety to have fun, then go for it, I honestly hope you find it more to your liking. In the meantime, perhaps you shouldn't lecture others when they are only playing within the spirit of the game.

Well, that's all fine. You play the game you want.. I don't happen to think your desire to inflict grief on people is within the spirit of the game, and I anticipate blizzard will do something about the likes of you. Am I holier than thou? Absolutely, because I really am holier than thou.. and I will lecture on it if I want to. Guess that's why I chose an alliance paladin.. and you chose horde..

Just wait until the honor system is implemented. You want to gank then fine. However, there should be consequences for your actions. Honorable PvP should be encouraged and dishonorable PvP should be discouraged.

Micas said:
Well, that's all fine. You play the game you want.. I don't happen to think your desire to inflict grief on people is within the spirit of the game, and I anticipate blizzard will do something about the likes of you. Am I holier than thou? Absolutely, because I really am holier than thou.. and I will lecture on it if I want to. Guess that's why I chose an alliance paladin.. and you chose horde..
There is a thin line between:

Confidence

God Complex

Micas said:
and you chose horde..

I on the other hand am not horde.
I'm sorry but anyone within 5 levels is fair game, I attack people higher than me just to see if I can beat em. If I lose big deal... I don't understand what you are trying to get out of this game, there is no FAIR in war, you are on a PVP server, that means people fight and sometimes its not 1v1 and sometimes it's not by appointment. Where do you get this reasoning that it's griefing because he doesn't go up to the guy and say hey Mr. Alliance would you like to fight, because I would enjoy a 1 vs 1 fight with you seeing as our factions are at war, purdy please? I doubt if I ask nicely any horde are going to allow me to stab them in the back. However,like I said the griefing like using exploits and corpse camping is stupid and I don't endorse that, but otherwise watch your back. I kill someone I usually just move on.

obs said:
Just wait until the honor system is implemented. You want to gank then fine. However, there should be consequences for your actions. Honorable PvP should be encouraged and dishonorable PvP should be discouraged.

Where are people reading that it is actually going to be implemented fully as per the manual? Not being a smartass, just everything I've read says the system was scrapped because they couldn't make it work right. ie (make high lvl players able to defend themselves without dishonor)

Do you think there is honor in any war? In history there has been massive armies decimating small outnumbered groups, do you think that is fair? Well, whether it is fair or not thats what war is. Take up Chutes and Ladders if you are not into survival. If you want to enter a battlefield then know whats at stake, there is always PvE.

kreidel said:
Do you think there is honor in any war? In history there has been massive armies decimating small outnumbered groups, do you think that is fair? Well, whether it is fair or not thats what war is. Take up Chutes and Ladders if you are not into survival. If you want to enter a battlefield then know whats at stake, there is always PvE.

Good lord.. this is a game.. a piece of entertainment, not freaking WWII. I'm just saying there are tactics to PvP that are just cheap and slimey.. Ya'll want a free for all.. great. Due to the state of the game right now, I could grab a couple of guild mates and corpse camp players until they just give up and log off..

I mean.. I could prevent these people from playing the game at all.. but then.. they should have chosen a PvE server, right? It wouldn't be my fault that blizzard allowed me to corpse camp them and gank them over and over with no consequence.. :rolleyes:

The only thing I'm advocating is a basic sense of fair play. Those that have no sense of fair play, and who are out to just be mean, are immature dicks.. as a previous poster so aptly put it.. Those that somehow think WoW should be played like a real war, are immature dicks.. Those that have no conscience or concern for other people, even if they are on the other side, are immature dicks... and I suspect that behavoir in the game mirrors their behavior in real life..

kreidel said:
Just because you are able to name dishonorable combat doesn't mean there wasn't honorable combat as well. There are plenty of places in history where honor was just important as the victor of the battle. It comes down to what the game developer wants.

Micas said:
Due to the state of the game right now, I could grab a couple of guild mates and corpse camp players until they just give up and log off...

I mean.. I could prevent these people from playing the game at all.. but then.. they should have chosen a PvE server, right? It wouldn't be my fault that blizzard allowed me to corpse camp them and gank them over and over with no consequence.. :rolleyes:

Except for the fact that
a. someone would eventually stop you
b. you can rez at the graveyard
c. you can run to another zone graveyard and rez
d. there is a consequence you make a bad name for yourself you become KOS, payback is a bitch.

Micas said:
The only thing I'm advocating is a basic sense of fair play. Those that have no sense of fair play, and who are out to just be mean, are immature dicks.. as a previous poster so aptly put it.. Those that somehow think WoW should be played like a real war, are immature dicks.. Those that have no conscience or concern for other people, even if they are on the other side, are immature dicks... and I suspect that behavoir in the game mirrors their behavior in real life..

No actually the reason I play a game is so I can kill people, unfortunately I am unable to run around and kill idiots IRL. The fact that you keep ignoring my posts I find funny because you are unable to come up with any real argument. I don't advocate wiping out noobs, corpse camping or exploiting. However how do you suggest I play my rogue? Ask the horde if they would like to fight? Please tell me how the game is supposed to be played because I guess Blizzard's rules aren't good enough. I'm all for fair play too but I'm not concerned about killing someone, that is what PVP is. Making their life hell and camping them no I don't do that.

From what you are posting it seems all you want are the battlegrounds and for only equal level players to be able to fight in equal groups. I'm sorry this seems very boring, there is nothing better than laying the smack down on someone 3-5 lvls higher.

auxout said:
No actually the reason I play a game is so I can kill people, unfortunately I am unable to run around and kill idiots IRL. The fact that you keep ignoring my posts I find funny because you are unable to come up with any real argument. I don't advocate wiping out noobs, corpse camping or exploiting. However how do you suggest I play my rogue? Ask the horde if they would like to fight? Please tell me how the game is supposed to be played because I guess Blizzard's rules aren't good enough.

I ignore your posts because you're not really adding anything to the discussion.. I guess if you don't have a sense of fair play, there's no point in anybody trying to explain it to you.

And you're right.. Blizzard's rules aren't good enough, as evidenced by the fact that they are trying to figure out a way to implement an honor system.. something you would know nothing about apparently. Are you going to cry when you can no longer grief people?

Micas said:
I ignore your posts because you're not really adding anything to the discussion.. I guess if you don't have a sense of fair play, there's no point in anybody trying to explain it to you.

And you're right.. Blizzard's rules aren't good enough, as evidenced by the fact that they are trying to figure out a way to implement an honor system.. something you would know nothing about apparently. I are you going to cry when you can no longer grief people?

How am I griefing, I am asking a question here that you can't seem to answer.

HOW AM I GRIEFING?

I attack horde players and kill them, that is what PVP is isn't it, I keep saying over and over I don't camp or exploit. How am I griefing?

The only thing that remains unexplained is how we are supposed to play by your "holy" rules. I'm sorry but you are the minority, look around and figure it out, also try to comprehend what I'm saying.

How would you have the battles?
Only equal levels can fight? Only consensual fights? Only equal groups can fight?

auxout said:
How am I griefing, I am asking a question here that you can't seem to answer.

HOW AM I GRIEFING?

I attack horde players and kill them, that is what PVP is isn't it, I keep saying over and over I don't camp or exploit. How am I griefing?

The only thing that remains unexplained is how we are supposed to play by your "holy" rules. I'm sorry but you are the minority, look around and figure it out, also try to comprehend what I'm saying.

How would you have the battles?
Only equal levels can fight? Only consensual fights? Only equal groups can fight?

Fair enough.. I'd change it so that if you engaged a player who was already in combat with a mob, you'd gain dishonor. If you engaged a player more than 5 levels below you, that would be dishonor. If you killed a player more than once in, say, 5 minutes, that's dishonor... and.. there should be an algorithm to calculate a balance point for party vs. party combat.. I'm not sure exactly what the algorithm would be, but in a gross example, 5 lvl 30-40's jump 3 lvl 20's, should be a dishonor for each kill on the party in the 20's. If a lvl 50 is attacked by a lvl 30, there would be no honor or dishonor for the 50 killing the 30.

Honor should only be given for killing a player higher in level, to encourage people who are going to PvP to at least seek out a challenge..

Those are just a few thoughts off the top of my head, and is generally how I play the game already. I'm sure the blizzard designers will come up with something maybe similar.

Well damnit you actually answered so I'll have to reply, now you have actually added something to the discussion instead of just ranting it's unfair.

Yes I hate getting attacked while fighting a mob but I feel thats within the scope of the game.

5 level thing I agree, 5 minute I agree unless the guy comes back on you of course.

I don't do most of those things except to those who do them to me first, I let alot and I mean alot of horde live, even some equal lvl just because I don't feel the need to kill something with no challenge. But here is the problem with that, more often than not another horde will come along, then guess what it's 2 v 1. If I had only taken him out before......

As for the honor system I know all about what they were trying to do. I recall reading it was scrapped because they couldn't get it to work right if a high lvl had to defend himself against low lvls. I'm not against the honor system at all I would love to get something for my PVP battles. In short, I don't grief, but if I see horde and they are within 5 lvls its usually on. As for challenges I've attacked a 56 mage and a 58 mage, while I was lvl 45 so don't tell me I don't like a challenge. Sure I lost but I had one down to half health and one down to nothing, it was fun, the whole point of PVP.

Would you please read a post or two. There is PvP and there is ganking. Since you are unable to make the distinction between the two I will explain. Ganking is killing someone of signifigantly lower level than you. Like say I bring my level 38 hunter into the tauren starting town and kill every horde I see. Would that be fair? According to you it's just PvP.

Like it or not a honor system is going to be implemented where those with more honor (or honorable kills) will gain access to more content (quests, items, etc). Those running around killing lowbies half their level won't. This is to encourage GOOD PvP, not just mindless lowbie slaying. I have no problem being killed by someone, or even ganked. That's part of PvP. But there should be consequences for initiating combat with someone who is well below your level.

auxout said:
Well damnit you actually answered so I'll have to reply, now you have actually added something to the discussion instead of just ranting it's unfair.

Yes I hate getting attacked while fighting a mob but I feel thats within the scope of the game.

5 level thing I agree, 5 minute I agree unless the guy comes back on you of course.

I don't do most of those things except to those who do them to me first, I let alot and I mean alot of horde live, even some equal lvl just because I don't feel the need to kill something with no challenge. But here is the problem with that, more often than not another horde will come along, then guess what it's 2 v 1. If I had only taken him out before......

As for the honor system I know all about what they were trying to do. I recall reading it was scrapped because they couldn't get it to work right if a high lvl had to defend himself against low lvls. I'm not against the honor system at all I would love to get something for my PVP battles. In short, I don't grief, but if I see horde and they are within 5 lvls its usually on. As for challenges I've attacked a 56 mage and a 58 mage, while I was lvl 45 so don't tell me I don't like a challenge. Sure I lost but I had one down to half health and one down to nothing, it was fun, the whole point of PVP.
Ok, now I see we agree.

obs said:
Would you please read a post or two. There is PvP and there is ganking. Since you are unable to make the distinction between the two I will explain.

I sure hope you aren't refering to me since in one of my posts I specifically state I don't advocate wiping out low levels........

But thanks for the definitions :p

Hi, my name is Noid and I am an adict.

/signed.

edit.. Ganking is ONLY on PvP servers. If you do not like it, move to PvE. Simple. I honestly HATE hearing people bitch about it.

this game has made me its bitch. ive never played an mmorpg but this one hooked me. i am a level 25 night elf hunter

i want to get this game but unfortunately i have no time on my hands. Last mmorpg i played was that shipwreck swg.

I picked it up tonight, eventually. I got off work at 4pm, went to Circuit City, Best Buy, Office Depot, EB, Walmart and no one had it! I was miffed. So I drove back home, went to the local Walmart, looked at their games, and still didn't see it. Man, I felt like crap, but then I went to the next aisle, where some of the cheaper games were, and lo and behold, there it was, stashed away, hiding like some lame old game, and was hard to see. :) I like it so far, but I've only played for an hour so I don't really know what I am doing yet.

TTYL - have to go and log back in :)

I'm not addicted. Really, I'm not. I can stop at any time.

Actually, what's sad, is that both I and my wife are addicted and we only have one account. Which, in turn, limits how much we both can play. But I see a 2nd computer/WoW account in the near future.

I have a level 36 Orc Hunter, level 12 Human Mage, and have deleted a level 18 Night Elf Hunter and a level 19 Troll Warrior. Great game.

The only thing that really irritates me about the game is that it won't run on the laptop I have at work.

Back