Who carries IBM/Lenovo laptops?

Clockworks

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm looking at a purchasing a Thikpad but I don't know which of the three (T, R, Z) models I should buy. I will be doing a rather heavy amount of Photoshop so I need a good screen. I've heard that Lenovos are built like tanks but their screens are only so-so. I wish to see one for myself to compare the different models. I will also be doing a large amount of traveling.

Now that you know what I will be using it for, can anyone tell me where I can do a physical inspection of the machines? Or at the very least, who else would you recommend. I've looked at Sony and their screens are very nice looking but oh so very expensive.

Minimum requirements for a laptop:

- Intel C2D T7200
- Ram doesn't matter because I will be buying it from Newegg (2GB @ 5300, 6400 for Santa Rosa)
- 80GB or greater HD size
- Integrated graphics (very few games will be played, if any; I need battery life, and lots of it)
- Screen size between 14.1" and 13" (Widescreen preferably)
- Price must be at most $1500 with everything (shipping and taxes), I am willing to go a bit higher if it is worth it

The time frame is before June. I know, Santa Rosa is coming out but I have to start looking so I can alocate some funds.

PHEW! Thanks for reading and any help you can provide will be appreciated.

I was following you until the 14.1" screen

Unfortunately IBM doesn't have much to offer there. Their only widescreen 14.1" laptop is the Z-series. The T-series has a 15.4"...maybe they'll have a 14.1" screen by june?

However, take a look at the Dell Latitude D620 at www.dell4biz.com. I was going to get a Thinkpad but I saw this laptop and I absolutely love it, hopefully I'll get it around June too ;)

Umm, IBM totally offers 14.1 inch screens. Especially on the T series. I have a 14.1" t43p. If I was buying today, I would get a T60p.

T60p for you since you listed heavy photoshop.

Otherwise a regular t60

they come in 14.1 and widescreen

You want the T series, hands down. We've gotten new T60 & Z60 series units in at work for resale, the Z is nice with it's widescreen, but the T60's we got with the C2D 2 GHz's were just blazing fast and feature loaded for such a small neat package. The R series are typically pretty dependable, but I've never cared as much for them because of the lack of thought & engineering that seems to go into them. The R series was more of a "value" line, and having refurbish thousands of them I've seen a lot of LCD blems & case cracking issues with them, whereas the T series are always rugged and built to last.

No one has answered this guy's question, yet.
Best Buy and Staples will have some lenovos. I was looking for a v100 this past weekend. They both had 3000 n100's, but no v100's. I'm not sure if there were any thinkpads.
JJ

I had a 14" T40 a while back in and it was pretty ideal. I'd for sure get a T Series over an R Series. I also have a 15" t43p which I've had nothing but problems with and has been supplemented with a dell 1210 (which is built better to be honest).

As far as checking one out in person, I have no idea. I've never seen a retail place carry thinkpads.

I've checked with the forums at notebookreview.com and they told me to check CompUSA (completely forgot about them). I looked at the screens, and to be honest, they were terrible. I looked at the Sony stuff and it was a huge difference. Wow. How good of a build quality are Sonys?

Back