• I do.

Votes: 117 40.8%
  • I don't.

Votes: 64 22.3%
  • I use to, but now I don't.(explain)

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • I didn't care, but now I do.(explain)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • You cannot care about that which does not exist.

Votes: 73 25.4%

• Total voters
I use to, but now I don't because:

1) I'm sick of the rumors/speculation
2) Typical Nvidia BS with the CEO using a prop video card
3) I know this video card isn't going to be that big of a deal...oh wow, 10 or more fps here and there....wow, how exciting and revolutionary(sarcasm). Another $400-$500 video card you really don't need for today's games...*sigh*

The poll isnt that great because you diddnt include an option for us ATI fans that care about Fermi because we want reduced 5x prices.

So I voted I do

I'm happy with my 5870 so I'm not overly concerned with when Nvidia releases it...I do care though because I want to see how it performs...

Lol is that a serious question? Just the fact that it's a new architecture and all the curiosity that comes along with that is enough. I'm sure people who bought HD5xxx cards still care cause they wanna see how wise/unwise of a decision they made.

I 100% care couse I wont go red . Also because of quality of product as always expected. no cheapo plastic with almost full plastic cooler as well. More reliable quality product in the long run thats actually worth my hard earned money... its like comparing Honda to Ford in my opinion.

Last edited:
Lol is that a serious question? Just the fact that it's a new architecture and all the curiosity that comes along with that is enough. I'm sure people who bought HD5xxx cards still care cause they wanna see how wise/unwise of a decision they made.

People have been gaming with those 5xxx series cards for quite some time now I'm sure. If you are going to ask yourself every time you buy some kind of tech as to whether you made an unwise decision after using it for half a year, then you probably shouldn't buy anything tech related.

Either Fermi is an awesome card, or prices on the 5870 drop WIN WIN!! :D

No you aren't going to anguish over it. But the "I don't care" option in the poll to me implies that those people won't care how their current cards compare to Fermi. Or does it mean something else?

I'll care when there is a real card out and benchmarks to go along with it.

Until then what is it exactly that I'm supposed to "care" about? Rumor and Speculation?

Nvidia reminds me of 3DFX... yea remember them. They stopped innovating and were trying so hard to be the fastest card they just built there cards bigger and hotter. It was Nvidia too that knocked them out with the TNT, just as fast, cheaper to build and cheaper to for the consumer. That's what Nvidia's become... too big, too cumbersome and unwilling to take chances unlike the smaller more agile ATI.

I care for the simple reason of competition meaning lower prices.And I am interested in how it performs.

I 100% care couse I wont go red. Also because of quality of product as always expected. no cheapo plastic with almost full plastic cooler as well. More reliable quality product in the long run thats actually worth my hard earned money... its like comparing Honda to Ford in my opinion.

lol what a bunch of garbage

No you aren't going to anguish over it. But the "I don't care" option in the poll to me implies that those people won't care how their current cards compare to Fermi. Or does it mean something else?

You can't be curious or you would care. Right now I'm not curious because I know the outcome after Fermi is released, and I know how well it will perform against the 5800 series, and I know what the release prices will be.

lol what a bunch of garbage

dont be a fanboy. Simply face the truth. These are the facts. Whether it comes to a car or a graphic card. You want a quality product period. Also Drivers as well :) we all know who wins at this bet especially at launch.

I care! LOL! Thats becuase I am on myI7 920 build have the time to wait for the luanch then decide!

I don't really care about Fermi as I haven't seen jack-squat about it's performance. If the card performs better than ATI's current offerings, good for them. If not, bummer. Better luck next time.

dont be a fanboy. Simply face the truth. These are the facts. Whether it comes to a car or a graphic card. You want a quality product period. Also Drivers as well :) we all know who wins at this bet especially at launch.

lol...someone change this guy's title to Nvidia Information Minister. :p

You can't be curious or you would care. Right now I'm not curious because I know the outcome after Fermi is released, and I know how well it will perform against the 5800 series, and I know what the release prices will be.

I see.

Yes I do care, because I do love gaming enough to spend on a good graphic card from time to time

So I do care what nVidia and ATI do

I do and i don't :p

I don't because as you said:
1) I'm sick of the rumors/speculation
2) Typical Nvidia BS with the CEO using a prop video card
3) I know this video card isn't going to be that big of a deal...oh wow, 10 or more fps here and there....wow, how exciting and revolutionary(sarcasm). Another $400-$500 video card you really don't need for today's games...*sigh*

And i don't because:
we want reduced 5x prices.

:D

I care, but not because I'm looking to buy one. I'm just for the advancement of hardware. While Fermi might be what Nvidia wanted this round, it's still going to be their future. Think of like this, the R600 didn't meet expectations. But, while the first version disappointed, it became the starting point for two great generations of hardware.
Just clarify, I'm not saying Fermi will end up just like R600, but that it will be base of Nvidia's products for a couple of generations. With die shrinks and mature manufacturing, a Fermi based card will be a monster. Be it this gen, or next one.

Heres your fermi ;)
furby.jpg

The poll isnt that great because you diddnt include an option for us ATI fans that care about Fermi because we want reduced 5x prices.

So I voted I do

That's the only reason I care. Then again, that's because I'm assuming it will be a disappointment, but I could be wrong.

I care for the sake of competition and price cuts on ATI cards

fairly certain Fermi will be out of my price bracket

I 100% care couse I wont go red . Also because of quality of product as always expected. no cheapo plastic with almost full plastic cooler as well. More reliable quality product in the long run thats actually worth my hard earned money... its like comparing Honda to Ford in my opinion.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1462586

Yeah, Nvidia is Honda alright... all their cards are rock-solid reliable. :rolleyes:

If anything, Nvidia is Ford and ATI is Chevy. Neither are worthy to even be Japanese companies.

wow... someone calling themselves nVidia calling someone else a fanboy right after they made a fanboyish post themselves... Classic.

For me, in between. Really, whats taking NVIDIA so bloody long just to release this shit huh? I find it pathetic that they used to be the king of graphics until these last two years they really got slack, and right now ATI is wiping the floor against them.

Enough of their bullshit rebranding, stupid lawsuits against Intel or whatever or whatever bullshit they are playing these days and get their asses going and release the damn thing already and make everybody happy.

Could also have phrased it more like: "Who would like ATi to be the only significant player in the GPU market?".

If nVidia misses yet another launch window (first one was when ATi released the 5xxx series), it could screw them over quite badly, not to mention that ATi will be free to sit back and laugh, while not releasing any new (i.e. not refreshes) cards for another year or so.

That said, TSMC really screwed the pouch here with their stupid 40 nm process. If they had gone 45 like everyone else they could have used the same equipment as everyone else has used without issues and not have landed ATi and nVidia into this quagmire of yield issues and delays.

If that was the case than I guess they both would be Toyota right now, :p.

I was tempted to say Toyota but what most people don't realize is that the recall was only for cars made here, not in Japan.
Models made in Japan, and some models built in the U.S., have pedal systems made by another parts supplier, Denso Corp., which function well.
Trust me, the Japanese make their products with pride. Perhaps it may be the union workers here for overlooking something so important or having the government stick its nose in places where they shouldn't but I'll save this for another time. No point derailing the thread with outlandish comments and false accusations. The response for Nvidia101 was warranted.

Last edited:
Could also have phrased it more like: "Who would like ATi to be the only significant player in the GPU market?".

If nVidia misses yet another launch window (first one was when ATi released the 5xxx series), it could screw them over quite badly, not to mention that ATi will be free to sit back and laugh, while not releasing any new (i.e. not refreshes) cards for another year or so.

That said, TSMC really screwed the pouch here with their stupid 40 nm process. If they had gone 45 like everyone else they could have used the same equipment as everyone else has used without issues and not have landed ATi and nVidia into this quagmire of yield issues and delays.

What? TMSC didn't force the manufacturer to use their 40nm process. Perhaps you should read this article first before making such comment:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3740&p=7
But have no fear. What normally happens is your foundry company will come to you with a list of design rules and hints. If you follow all of the guidelines, the foundry will guarantee that they can produce your chip and that it will work. In other words, do what we tell you to do, and your chip will yield.

The problem is that if you follow every last one of these design rules and hints your chip won’t be any faster than it was on the older manufacturing process. Your yield will be about the same but your cost will be higher since you’ll bloat your design taking into account these “hints”.

+ New Technology does the body good
+ Competition to benefit everyone

If your an enthusianist, why wouldn't you care? Nvidia's shift to 40nm didn't go so smooth this time around, should be a good lesson learned for them...

Back