Who already has pre-ordered an XB1?

• Thread starter Deleted member 82943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 82943

Have you pre-ordered it? Are you getting one or waiting till a rev b?

Pre-ordered for the launch lineup, got ps4 for the freebies. Having used both controllers I'd put the one ahead of the ps4 (the DS4 is a great improvement over the DS3). My xbox one games actually come on Tuesday I might try to flip some since I ordered way too many. :D

I just got my first PS4 and have one of two Xbox One's coming on the 22nd.

I'm going to wait on the PS4 until at least the summer of 2014. The Xbox One has a better launch lineup in my opinion & by the time I get through playing Forza Motorsport 5, Dead Rising 3 & Maybe Ryse if I decide to get it, Titan Fall should be close to release. I will also pick up BF4 since I do have a lot of friends that are Xbox only gamers. That should be good enough to hold me into the summer.

I have. Looking forward to Forza and DR3 (despite the supposed frame rate issues).

I'm still wary of Kinect and using voice commands to do ANYTHING.

I got a PS4 and I have to say that I can navigate to whatever I want in less than 2-4 seconds generally , its extremely snappy and I can do so without uttering a word. Microsoft is going to have to seriously impress me to compete with my experience with Sony so far.

Sony stabilized its network issues inside of 24 hours and its smooth as a baby's ass now. I downloaded Ass Creed 4 last night at near 150 Mbps and was gaming inside of minutes. Its beautiful and quick. I've also uploaded about 6 videos to my Facebook page and my friends are blown away by how quick and neatly it does this. I've uploaded 12 screenshots to Facebook and Twitter (just once to make sure it worked) and its all flawless. I was uploading while the PSN was down as well which impressed me that they could compartmentalize the network to such a degree that one part could function while the rest is undergoing a fix.

I'm very bummed to hear that Ryse's single player campaign can be completed in under 3 hours. Neogaf confirmed this via some French gaming editors who got the game early and said it took them an hour and a half to get to 50 percent through the SP. It was going to be day one for me but I will not single $63 in a game with a 3 hour SP campaign , no matter how cool it looks or how awesome the co-op is.

I'm interested to see if MS will suffer any day one issues. They have a serious standard to live up to. Sony may have had some hardware issues (not ton but some vocal effected users) but they absolutely fixed all the PSN stability issues inside of 18-20 hours. Pretty impressive for a console launch.

Looking forward to next Friday.

Got an email from Microsoft an hour ago that says my Day One console has been shipped!:D

I ordered mine in June and it currently says backordered. Guess i'm going to have to call and yell.

Preordered a Day 1 Edition from Amazon the first day you could preorder.

Preordered a Day 1 Edition from Amazon the first day you could preorder.

Me too, along with the PS4 but I still have not received the PS4 from Amazon yet, and the tracking only shows shipper has been notified :mad:
So who knows if I will even get the Xbox One next friday

Last edited:
As with the PS4, I preordered the second they became available. I guess I would have preferred it to come out alongside the PS4 due to the holidays, but all is good.

Want one for DS3, but I'll wait for the PC version as is...I'm not playing that shit with the limitations, when I can enjoy it in its glory for PC a few months later.

I sure would like Forza though.

So... interesting thing happened to me.

I forgot that I pre-ordered the Xbox One from Microsoft's store AND from Amazon.

I've sold my Amazon pre-order already because I decided I only wanted the PS4 for now (and rich people are willing to pay insane prices to have these consoles on launch day, even though the games awful!), but now I have a second Xbox One coming... Not sure if I'll keep it now or sell it...

Pre-ordered from Best Buy on October 16 when they put the Day One Editions back up for a little while. I really wasn't planning on getting one, it was just an impulse buy.
Trying to decide between getting Forza 5 LE or standard/day one.

Have mine pre-ordered from Amazon. Looking forward to watching football next weekend with it.

When Microsoft's partnership with the NFL was first announced I was pretty excited. However, unless I'm wrong, you don't actually get the ability to watch Live NFL games... unless you already have NFL Network via your existing cable or satellite subscription. If you don't have that, I think the best you'll get is news, highlights, and fantasy football tracking. Not exactly a compelling feature/deal for cord cutters... Unless I'm understanding it wrong.

The website makes it sound like all you need is an Xbox live hold membership.

The website makes it sound like all you need is an Xbox live hold membership.
Coming November 2013. The NFL on Xbox One, including NFL.com Fantasy Football, requires advanced TV hardware, broadband internet, and Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately). To view NFL Network content users must have a television service provider that carries the NFL Network channel. Additional requirements may apply for some features. See xbox.com/live.
**Coming September 2013. The NFL on Xbox 360, including NFL.com Fantasy Football, requires broadband internet, and Xbox Live Gold Membership (sold separately). Additional requirements apply for some features.
***Skype requires an Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately).

ahhh devil in the details. Need a NFL channel tv provider, plus xblive gold. that just sounds more expensive than watching it on a htpc with a cablecard.

ahhh devil in the details. Need a NFL channel tv provider, plus xblive gold. that just sounds more expensive than watching it on a htpc with a cablecard.

If you have a cable card you already subscribe right?

Im hooking my htpc into the HDMI in on Xbox one and using IR blaster from Xbox one to htpc for control. With my harmony controlling it all.

that's a legit setup!

i don't have a cablecard setup yet, still fighting comcast and debating if I want to pay > 50 bucks for a handful of networks I watch.

that's a legit setup!

i don't have a cablecard setup yet, still fighting comcast and debating if I want to pay > 50 bucks for a handful of networks I watch.

Yeah I have a massive HD ota antenna in my attic that I pull in the network shows I watch and record and I stream and buy on demand thru Xbox video it's so much cheaper than a sub. Put that extra money towards 100mb business class internet.

Bring on the Xbox!

xolaunch.jpg

Back