white spots

dibbs

Limp Gawd
i have some white spots on my laptop screen ... its a sony vaio s150 with x-brite. is this a serious problem? how much would it cost to replace the screen? im assuming more then its worth.

White spots are caused by bruising the screen. Mostly it happens when preasure it being applied to the screen, for instance when it is in a bag during transport. If you do carry it around in a bag make sure the bag is not stuffed to the hilt and make sure nothing is putting too much preasure against the back of the screen :)

Happened to my wifes iBook G4 a long time ago, she had her lappy in her back with a bunch of books and stuff.

Yeah, that was my assumption. Glad to know it's not that big of a deal though. I'm just going to have to take better care of it. Thanks for the quick response. ;)

Not a big deal at all. She lived with it for over 2 years until she sold it and upgraded to a new Macbook :)

Wow, I respect that a lot. I can't live w/o a new computer for over a year. Technology moves too fast for me. ;)

iantosca said:
Wow, I respect that a lot. I can't live w/o a new computer for over a year. Technology moves too fast for me. ;)

You should try it sometime, if you do a search for all my posts going back over the yeard you would see my also building, modding, overclocking, and canging out parts every month. But then I left the PC world for almost 4 years! I switched over to a Macintosh (iMac G4) and that was my system that whole time. Then I got a iBook and now I have another PC (Alienware).

It isn't hard to stick with one computer over time, once you get cured of the upgrade bug and actually use the computer more then you tweak it, lol.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your for years to come :)

Appleseed said:
It isn't hard to stick with one computer over time, once you get cured of the upgrade bug and actually use the computer more then you tweak it, lol.

You use your computer? That would be like actually using/watching the stuff that you download gigs of every day.

Back