White House Response to Russian Malicious Cyber Activity and Harassment

The US is more dangerous to the way of life in the rest of the world with all its shadow wars and real wars.

Which "rest" of the world are you referring to? If you're talking about third world countries with totalitarian regimes like Russia, then yes, I agree.

Don't worry. He's taking care of that on the way out: Obama Administration Yanks Second Amendment Rights from SSI Recipients

I'm sure attempting to disarm elderly people won't result in anything bad. I mean, cops are professionals.

Rather than just accept the hyped up rant based on a hyped up NRA rant, why don't you go see what it's really about?

Here's the legislation in question

"Under these final rules, we will identify, on a prospective basis, individuals who receive Disability Insurance benefits under title II of the Social Security Act (Act) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments under title XVI of the Act..."

This is where you think it ends. It doesn't. Let's continue.

"...and who also meet certain other criteria, including an award of benefits based on a finding that the individual’s mental impairment meets or medically equals the requirements of section 12.00 of the Listing of Impairments (Listings) and receipt of benefits through a representative payee."

They're talking about adults of all ages so mentally disturbed that someone else has to administer their SSI payments. You know, the mentally ill people that need to get better care so they don't go shooting up your neighborhoods. Or do you think they are useless eaters that the government shouldn't be funding with Obamacare?

Reactions: rat
like this
They're talking about adults of all ages so mentally disturbed that someone else has to administer their SSI payments.

PTSD or depression can be considered mental impairments, among many other maladies that people live with daily. But I'm sure that won't be abused.

You know, the mentally ill people that need to get better care so they don't go shooting up your neighborhoods.

Yeah, the VA really showed us how government handles people with mental illness. They let them wallow in bureaucratic pus until they off themselves in the parking lot.

Or do you think they are useless eaters that the government shouldn't be funding with Obamacare?

Obamacare isn't funding anything but politicians and the insurance industry.

PTSD or depression can be considered mental impairments, among many other maladies that people live with daily. But I'm sure that won't be abused.

If you have PTSD so debilitating that you need a caregiver to sign things for you... then yes, you obviously are not safe around firearms.

like this
Which "rest" of the world are you referring to? If you're talking about third world countries with totalitarian regimes like Russia, then yes, I agree.

You should travel more then ;)

If you have PTSD so debilitating that you need a caregiver to sign things for you... then yes, you obviously are not safe around firearms.

It disturbs me that some are so comfortable with making vulnerable people even more vulnerable by revoking their right to self-defense.

I don't know who the intercept is, but I liked how the un-packed the story. I do this as much as I can with US media when in comes to situations such as this (the Russian stuff, other years the Chinese stuff and so on).. gotta say it gets TIRING to un-pack many articles out there on the "real" news.
It's a pain in the ass, honestly It gets old and with the years my view of 'reputable' sources falls lower and lower.

It disturbs me that some are so comfortable with making vulnerable people even more vulnerable by revoking their right to self-defense.

Guns are no longer a defense when you're being invaded by voices in your head.

Guns are no longer a defense when you're being invaded by voices in your head.

You say that like mental illness makes all real-life threats cease to exist. By your logic, a schizophrenic woman has no right to shoot a real-life rapist. How horrifying.

You say that like mental illness makes all real-life threats cease to exist. By your logic, a schizophrenic woman has no right to shoot a real-life rapist. How horrifying.
I honestly don't know if I would fully trust a schizophrenic to know the difference between a rapist and some random dude on the street.

FWIW, my neighbor was completely convinced that someone was breaking into his house to open and close doors to mess with him. Not touching anything, not taking anything, just silently opening random closed doors, and closing random open doors. Over, and over again. Sure, there's a chance that someone might actually break in someday and move his PS4 games around into different cases, but that is minuscule compared to the chances of him succumbing to his delusions and assaulting someone walking past his house. Dude can use a bat or his magic knife, he doesn't need a gun.

like this
I honestly don't know if I would fully trust a schizophrenic to know the difference between a rapist and some random dude on the street.

Then why not commit her to an asylum? Why piecemeal remove rights if we're genuinely concerned that they might kill random people at any given moment?

Russia is neither third world nor totalitarian. The Soviet Union was quite close to the latter, especially under Stalin, but during the Cold War was considered no less than a second world country, not third world.

Cold_War_alliances_mid-1975.svg

The "three worlds" of the Cold War era, as of the period between April 1975 and August 1975. Neutral and non-aligned countries shown in green.
Green: Third World
Red: Second world
Blue: First World

Then why not commit her to an asylum? Why piecemeal remove rights if we're genuinely concerned that they might kill random people at any given moment?

Because it's harder to vote for Democrats when one is committed to an insane asylum, in fact it's easier for corpses to vote in Democrats.

Because it's cheaper to the tax payer to not preemptively throw America citizens in what are often no more than low security jails because they can't mentally handle talking care of themselves. Piecemeal implies a progression of removal, that's not this. If you're so fucked up that you have to have a caretaker handle keeping you alive, you can't have a boomstick. That's it.
With regards to the topic...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...lace-email-no-computer-safe-article-1.2930075

Lady doth protest too much, methinks...
The military does the same thing (8P0X0). We've always known that computers aren't 100%. Especially [H]ere. Doubly so after Snowden came forward with all that shit years ago. If Trump had said the exact same thing a year ago, everyone would have complained about him being out of touch and accused him of not being tech savy enough to handle the job. Now that we've seen what happens when you take some of the lesser secrets that our Government must keep and put then in an environment where they're handled by low hanging idiots but vulnerable to those who actually know what they're doing, it's the opposite. He knows too much about keeping his information safe, so he must be working with the Russians!

Back