White House Response to Russian Malicious Cyber Activity and Harassment

HardOCP News

[H] News
The White House, in response to what it called "malicious cyber activity and harassment," announced today that it has given 35 Russian intelligence operatives 72 hours to leave the country.

Using this new authority, I have sanctioned nine entities and individuals: the GRU and the FSB, two Russian intelligence services; four individual officers of the GRU; and three companies that provided material support to the GRU’s cyber operations. In addition, the Secretary of the Treasury is designating two Russian individuals for using cyber-enabled means to cause misappropriation of funds and personal identifying information. The State Department is also shutting down two Russian compounds, in Maryland and New York, used by Russian personnel for intelligence-related purposes, and is declaring “persona non grata” 35 Russian intelligence operatives. Finally, the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are releasing declassified technical information on Russian civilian and military intelligence service cyber activity, to help network defenders in the United States and abroad identify, detect, and disrupt Russia’s global campaign of malicious cyber activities.

You act like a sternly worded letter on our finest presidential letterhead isn't going to instill fear in the hearts of our frenemies.
That's the best laugh I had all day!

Have we just been watching these compounds / personnel? I can't imagine we just compiled enough evidence in the last few weeks to expel them.

I kinda feel like they've been known about for a very long time and we've just been allowing them to operate so that we can watch them.

Neoconservative progressives?

Derp.

They tend to lean liberal.

'A neoconservative (also spelled "neo-conservative"; colloquially, neocon) in American politics is someone presented as a conservative but who actually favors big government, interventionalism, and a hostility to religion in politics and government. The word means "newly conservative," and thus formerly liberal. A neocon is a RINO Backer, and like RINOs does not accept most of the important principles in the Republican Party platform. Neocons do not participate in the March for Life, stand up for traditional marriage, advocate other conservative social values, or [emphasize] putting America first.'

They tend to lean liberal.

'A neoconservative (also spelled "neo-conservative"; colloquially, neocon) in American politics is someone presented as a conservative but who actually favors big government, interventionalism, and a hostility to religion in politics and government. The word means "newly conservative," and thus formerly liberal. A neocon is a RINO Backer, and like RINOs does not accept most of the important principles in the Republican Party platform. Neocons do not participate in the March for Life, stand up for traditional marriage, advocate other conservative social values, or [emphasize] putting America first.'

So I guess this is an 'appeal to propaganda'?

If Obama really believed Russia hacked and influenced the election, he should have done this right before the election. It would have been more believable then. I think it would have overshadowed Comey and his announcement that the Clinton e-mail investigation was being re-opened. But now? The election is over.

If Obama really believed Russia hacked and influenced the election, he should have done this right before the election. It would have been more believable then. I think it would have overshadowed Comey and his announcement that the Clinton e-mail investigation was being re-opened. But now? The election is over.

Believable to whom? Obama doing this right before the election would've been interpreted by Trump Nation as little more than a conspiracy to rig the election and help Hillary.

It's more believable now because he's departing and has arguably nothing or at least less to gain post-election.

Last edited:
Know what's most disturbing about this? There are 35 Russian intelligence operatives in this country that they knew about and did nothing until now, and are now just asking them to leave.

Obama is such a freaking wimp, and his wimpyness is endangering us all.

Believable to whom? Obama doing this right before the election would've been interpreted by Trump Nation as little more than a conspiracy to rig the election and help Hillary.

It's more believable now because he's departing and has arguably nothing or at least less to gain.

But, hasn't Obama been all about his Legacy for the last year?

"Finally, the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are releasing declassified technical information on Russian civilian and military intelligence service cyber activity, to help network defenders in the United States and abroad identify, detect, and disrupt Russia’s global campaign of malicious cyber activities."

Well thats nice. What about botnets from China? Eastern Europe? Nigerian scammers? NSA? How about the damn Indians calling my landline and telling me they're from "windows security.com" and that my machine is infected. Please to be infecting your computer with a trojan from Bangalore.

So, they have evidence of election tampering, can we give Trump a boot to the head now? :p

Trump's already released a statement dismissing russia's interference. It was kind of hard to understand since he was deep throating putin at the time.

Let's start another Cold War we can't hope to win all because Obama's friend didn't get elected. The US barely funds STEM and CS programs as it is we have no hope winning a cyber based war. It is even harder when the same administration can;t even prevent leaks of its own data while collecting all of ours.

He is only doing this because they're talking about a ceasefire in Syria and Assad is still in power, basically his handlers from Saudi are mad that they didn't get their pipeline yet. "Election hacking" is just a convenient excuse to do something against the Russians.

this is the result when they start believing their own fake news.

28hick9.jpg

Trump's already released a statement dismissing russia's interference. It was kind of hard to understand since he was deep throating putin at the time.

Is he "deep throating" Netanyahu, as well? Is he going to be "deep throating" every world leader that gets along with him, and that Obama treated like an ass?

Wikileaks also says Russia had nothing to do with it and it was people inside the DNC. Obama and Hillary are liars and that is a fact and not opinion.

I'll tell you what needs to be investigated, Huma Abbedin.

I call BS on this news and anything that comes out of O-bot's White House is mixed with deceptive lies. The current white house occupier needs to get out and leave America alone! This leaderless has done enough damage to America and it will be a miracle if we survive! This idiot is funding ISIS and opposition forces in Syria. This O-hat is responsible for majority of the middle east spring mess. This O-whatever has turned our country into a race baiting wars to stir up problems. If you read the book called "rules for radials". This is Obama's hand book on how to govern. Wake up america and put this traitor in prison!

Obama's legacy will read in the fine print:

Obama's legacy is a JOKE!

lol

Right from the DHS report released to support Barry's sanctions:

DISCLAIMER: This report is provided “as is” for informational purposes only. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within

I mean, I'm sure the Russians were mucking around hacking stuff, we do it, everyone does it. Lets say its 100% true, they hacked the DNC and leaked all of those emails. Does this then absolve the parties involved of any wrongdoing brought to light by the emails?

Its like getting in a car accident and the cops come and find you have 20lbs of coke in the trunk. Was it the guy that road raged and cut you off at fault for you being a drug dealer?

like many of Obama’s other recent moves, this one is not really targeted at Russia. The additional sanctions will hardly affect Russia, though the wholesale expulsion of Russian diplomats will undoubtedly complicate the work of Russian diplomatic missions in the US.

The true target of these sanctions is Donald Trump.

By imposing sanctions on Russia, Obama is lending the authority of the Presidency to the CIA’s claims of Russian hacking, daring Trump to deny their truth.

If Trump as President allows the sanctions to continue, he will be deemed to have accepted the CIA’s claims of Russian hacking as true.

If Trump cancels the sanctions when he becomes President, he will be accused of being Russia’s stooge.

It is a well known lawyer’s trick, and Obama the former lawyer doubtless calculates that either way Trump’s legitimacy and authority as President will be damaged, with the insinuation that he owes his Presidency to the Russians now given extra force.

Like so many of Obama’s other moves in the last weeks of his Presidency, it is an ugly and small minded act, seeking to undermine his successor as President in a way that is completely contrary to US tradition.

http://theduran.com/breaking-obama-imposes-sanctions-russia-claims-russian-hacking/

Oh wait, this doesn't align with MiniTruth's narrative ... must be "fake news"

Back