Which Z97 ATX/mATX mobos bang of buck?

jcagara08

Limp Gawd
Yes so it's been 15 months since my pc build and the Gigabyte Z97MX-5 finally gave up on me, symptoms last year for it was no even turning on even pressing reset or power button from the first 5 months of usage, after that whenever I shut it down it simply just boots back so annoying and then 2 days back I was trying to get it power on as normally but It just wouldn't stay on even for 3 seconds, system powers on for like 1-2.5 seconds then shuts down all of the sudden and then turns on again like that of an android phone's bootloop and I have it confirmed by a tech guy its the MOBO thats RIP>

TLDR, need a new Z97 mobo that is bang of the buck. Not a pro OCer but I might need it at times, do I need to look at its power phases how many does one offer and what form factor is best ATX/Mini ITX/ or Micro ATX? I do have a micro ATX case though hehe Cooler Master N200 ghetto rigged LOL.

Appreciate your help and insight fellas!

Form factor is all about personal preference. If you want a smaller computer, you need a smaller motherboard. If you like your N200 (I had one, it's not a bad mATX case for the money), you'll have to get another mATX board (or mini ITX, but I don't think it's worth the premium in price since you aren't putting it in a mITX case).

Might have to look around but the MSI Z97M Gaming, Asus Gryphon, Asus Maximus Gene VII, ASRock Z97M OC are all decent boards if you can find one.

I used Xeon builds and Supermicro for years but started using speed hungry Synthesizers so went to MSI and ASRock.
Stable boards but 24/7 use requires better quality parts so I decided to try C7Z97 OCE and more recently the C7H170 M and love these boards.
Supermicro i7 boards are really worth the jingle as they will last twice as long as consumer boards.
Still have a P4SCT+II for 11 years now. Pretty good bang for me.

Back