which Z77 motherboard are you already planning to get and why?

I thought that's what they were saying 3 weeks ago.

nah that was 3 weeks before Computex , that show ended 2 weeks ago

by the time formula is released Intel is going to be out of business

i'll say it again: there must be a problem with that board

About the same as it would be on any other mobo when using an integrated Realtek codec. The SupremeFX is nothing more than a Creative software layer to go with a Realtek ALC892 chip.

Hmmm. Anyone know if SupremeFX can be downloaded, installed, and successfully used on a non Gene board, like my Sabertooth?

Hmmm. Anyone know if SupremeFX can be downloaded, installed, and successfully used on a non Gene board, like my Sabertooth?

Why dont you download it and see? I know when I installed the software for it I had to activate it.

About the same as it would be on any other mobo when using an integrated Realtek codec. The SupremeFX is nothing more than a Creative software layer to go with a Realtek ALC892 chip.

Its great. I had the creative xtreme music. The onboard is better. Plus there is a PCI express slot if you REALLY want a sound card but I cant complain about how my jazz sounds on it.

Thanks guys but I mostly mean for gaming....well by mostly I mean completely lol

How is the positioning and surround sound in game.

I really don't a price range but I would say I'm into affordable mid-range boards. I won't be overclocking.

Then go with either the Asrock extreme 4 or any of the lower Asus Z77 boards. I know your not overclocking but these boards are mid-range and offer a great set of features at a awesome price. Also if you do decide to overclock they can. Its kinda hard to get a quality board that cant overclock to some extent.

Biostar TZ77XE4 because it has great VRMs and can OC. The matte black pcb looks sick as well. Also I am poor so a great overclocking board under $150 with features found in 200+ boards is the definite choice.

You joke or? :D

He's not joking - there are patched versions that work with any Realtek onboard codec (not just the ALC892); amusingly, the patched version let's it work with Creative's discrete sound cards, as well (there *are* some options that Creative's discrete audio software - even that for the new SoundCore-powered models, lacks compared to the MB2 software).

He's not joking - there are patched versions that work with any Realtek onboard codec (not just the ALC892); amusingly, the patched version let's it work with Creative's discrete sound cards, as well (there *are* some options that Creative's discrete audio software - even that for the new SoundCore-powered models, lacks compared to the MB2 software).

Shoot, I'm going to have to find a patched version, then. I DL'd the one off Asus's site, and it was a no-go.

I am about get the P8Z77-V or PRO how good is the Wifi on these boards?

Supports everything except 5 GHz (high-bandwidth) N - if you use the Intel PHY to connect to your router, WiFi-GO lets your PC double as a wireless repeater/streaming media server. In my case, it is the wireless connectivity that I need (when I move my PC to my bedroom and connect to the FPTV in there).

Back