Which would you get?

ZenPirate

Gawd
I don't want to run into the "dual core gaming issue" problems some dual core nvidia users are having, so ....

X2 3800 and an ati x1800xl

OR

3700+ San Diego and an nvidia 7800gt

What route would you take?

are you sure that there is no "ATi + Dual Core" gaming issue? I had not heard that this 'issue' was nVidia specific.

drizzt81 said:
are you sure that there is no "ATi + Dual Core" gaming issue? I had not heard that this 'issue' was nVidia specific.

Everything I've seen so far involves nvidia's forceware dual-core aware drivers. If I'm mistaken I'd love to find out now ;)

troisanh said:
If pure gamer then combo #2.

I do enjoy gaming (currently awaiting Oblivion), but I also do some light video/audio encoding along with the usual household pc usage.

ZenPirate said:
I do enjoy gaming (currently awaiting Oblivion), but I also do some light video/audio encoding along with the usual household pc usage.

Oblivion will support dual-cores, so you would be better off with the X2 3800+ and the X1800XL combo. :)

I have used dual cores with Nvidia cards. X2 3800+ and 7800GT is fine (I used that combo for a while).

well....the new 3700+'s (most KAB3E or similar stepping) are clocking VERY nicely, 2.8ghz+, hell ive seen one compete with an fx57 over at XS.

but the 3800+ X2's are also doing nicely, my friend just got one and he said it clocks great. 300x9 with 1.4v stock cooler.

now about graphics cards....the 7800gt is a great card and so is the x1800xl, its basically whatever you want to get. id say despite graphics cards get the 3800+ x2. itll be worth it once any "dual core bugs" at Nvidia are gona, and when games become multi threaded,

Back