Which would I prefer? Ds Lite, or Psp?

munkle

[H]F Junkie
A little back ground. I have owned a nintendo 64, and a gamecube, I loved both of them, the N64 most of all. I really like most games by nintendo. I have also owned a ps2, which I did not like very much, I prefered xbox's games over ps2's games. I also owned a PSP for 3 days when they very first came out, I liked the music player, and movie player it had, but the price and selection of movies turned me off, and having to buy memory sticks sucked too. I returend the psp because it just wasnt worth it to me at the time, none of the games intrested me. Now its been a while, and both systems have quite a few games out. I have bought an mp3 player so the psp doesnt need to do that for me any more, and the movies I have seen still arent that great on price and selection. So it pretty much comes down to content for both systems.

Are most of the psp games just ps2 remakes? I dont really like Fps's or gta type games, I do really like rpg games, especially if they have a great storyline. I love mario games so a plus there for nintendo. Maybe you guys could post some good games for each handheld, I like pretty much all games, except games with alot of gore and/or really scary ( I hate doom, scares the crap out of me). Maybe list some pros and cons of each system. Im kind of leaning towards the DS lite because of price and I have always liked nintendos games.

i own both... and like both...

but. i always say.. get the DS first... then the PSP later..

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
i own both... and like both...

but. i always say.. get the DS first... then the PSP later..
Any accessorys you recomend getting for the ds? like screen protector?

DS Lite + Hori Screen Protector (LikSang or EBay - careful of fake Ebay ones) +

- New Super Mario Bros
- Mario Kart
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
+ a ton more games that I'm sure will be recommended - but for you, those are a MUST

By the sound of it, you shouldn't even touch a PSP, despite its half-decent media capabilities.

tosp said:
DS Lite + Hori Screen Protector (LikSang or EBay - careful of fake Ebay ones) +

- New Super Mario Bros
- Mario Kart
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
+ a ton more games that I'm sure will be recommended - but for you, those are a MUST

By the sound of it, you shouldn't even touch a PSP, despite its half-decent media capabilities.
Mario Kart would definatly be bought first, I love mario kart 64, I used to play that for hours with my friends, the battle mode was awesome. What about decalgirl.com for the screen protector? or is my assumption that liksang ships from china wrong, and decalgirl is in the us?

If you are looking for accessories I saw a bunch of people on the official Nintendo forums raving about this site:
http://www.play-asia.com/

They seem to carry all the Hori stuff, including the cases, which are apparently top notch. Shipping seems reasonable. I have no first hand experience with this retailer, however.

Do most of you guys with portables just play them at home? I dont really go anywhere besides school that I would need a portable, its just I have no games for my pc or 360, and nothing out is intresting me right now (WoWs fault I guess, I'm addicted), so I want to try a ds.

munkle said:
Do most of you guys with portables just play them at home? I dont really go anywhere besides school that I would need a portable, its just I have no games for my pc or 360, and nothing out is intresting me right now (WoWs fault I guess, I'm addicted), so I want to try a ds.

I barely leave the house at all thanks to a work-at-home arrangement and a multitude of home entertainment options. And, yes, I play my DS all the time, usually with the TV going in the background. Right now, I'm going through a fit of Metroid Prime Pinball, trying to hone my skills towards 50 million points (I've only gotten 26 million so far). I'll be back on New SMB after that.

The DS is sweet and I own both a psp and ds...

I love the games the DS has, and the psp plays more mp3s than anything for me, or movies.

I love my DS. Gameboy's have always been good for trips for me and has been the driving force for me getting most of the gameboy's that I have. The DS is the first portable system that I find myself really playing just sitting around the house. I always thought portable systems = trip entertainment, but the DS is really changing that for me.

munkle said:

I mainly play in my apartment.. and then take it with me when i visit the parents and friends down in miami...

I saw two guys on the El platform the other day playing Super Mario Kart against each other. It was very cool.

Is the battery life about the same as the Psp? When I had one for 3 days, I watched Spiderman and the battery was almost dead after a full charge.

the battery on the DS lite completely destroys the PSP battery life, mostly because there are no moving parts, and the LCDs are lower resolution. if you're a fan of nintendo games, the DS lite is a much better purchase. i don't really see enough good games out for the PSP yet, but the DS is perfect for quick games while waiting for the bus or what have you.

Anyone know if there are plans to release a black DS lite in the USA, I know you can import one, but I dont really like that idea, seems like to much trouble.

AKAIK there are plans to release other colors, but I think Nintendo is waiting on that so the EU folks can feel special for a bit... EU gamers get the shaft 99.99% of the time on game/hardware releases and they have to pay more to boot.

I got 99.99% because they did get Shenmue 2 and Ico (w/2player mode), Indigo Prophecy uncut and a couple of others.

I will most likely be getting a DS later this month, so just maybe they will release the black here (cause black is hot!, white is too but its kind of old now).

Back