Which Wheel for 360?

Ub3rn00b

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm currently using a Microsoft Sidewinder wheel for my PC. I've been using it for a number of years and I've tried using other wheels but I always go back to the Sidewinder wheel. I still think it's one of the best wheels ever made. I like how it goes back to center when you let go of it. I like how it attaches to my desk. I like how it feels when racing in games. I use it on everything from Flatout to GTR and Toca 3.
For the 360, I don't have a wheel. I tried using the madcatz mc2 wheel for playstation 2 through the XFPs adapter but i didn't work very well. Huge deadzone that couldn't be adjusted apparently. Some games it worked ok like in NFS Carbon, but PGR 3 was terrible.
I'm looking for suggestions for a wheel for the 360. I haven't tried any of the wheels made for the 360. How is the microsoft wireless wheel? How does it feel I mean? Is it FF? I had a wheel before that had FF but I always turned it off because I don't like FF. Maybe I just have to get used to it. I don't know. I know there are a few different options for a wheel.
The wheel I used and loved for the XBOX was the madcatz 2 wheel that had adapters for the xbox, ps2 and the gamecube. I would try to use that wheel on the 360 using the adapter, but the ps2 connector was chewed off by a dog.

afaik, the only wheel that works on the 360 is the wireless 360 wheel.

The wireless (not really) wheel has force feedback, but you can turn it off in most games so that shouldn't be an issue. I think it can also run without the power cord which disables FF in every game, in which case it still has a battery pack to power the controls. I just picked it up as it was $60 off here in Canada this weekend. I can't really say how it compares to other wheels however since it's my first. Word on the street is that it's pretty average, but it's good enough for me.

For a 'wireless' wheel it still has a lot of wires though. One to provide power to the force feedback, another to connect the pedals and the steering column, and then if you have a headset there's another wire from your head down to the column. It's decent though so I'm happy with my purchase.

I've been thinking about getting a wheel for my 360 too, as far as I can tell the official Xbox one is the only one worth going for. There are some third party wheels out there but apparently they're all inferior.

The thing is, the official 360 wheel pales in comparison to the Logitech G25.
- The PC supports the G25.
- The PS3 supports the G25.
- The Xbox 360 doesn't support the G25.

As a PC/PS3/360 owner I can't decide whether or not I should get the G25 and just hope that Microsoft enable it at a later date, or just get the MS wheel and hope a better game isn't released on another platform. :(

Anyway, as far as 360 wheels go you're best off with the Microsoft one. Enjoy: http://console.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTIyOSwxLCxoY29uc29sZQ==

Edit: Also, if you're specifically thinking of this for Forza 2, the game was developed with the official Microsoft wheel in mind. I've heard that the force feedback is impressive.

You can buy a G25 for 196 shipped from Dell. I think the offer ends tomorrow? As for the 360 wheel
I have the Logitech Drivefx, I was not entirely impressed with it. At the moment It's sitting at a friends house for the
time being

I've been thinking about getting a wheel for my 360 too, as far as I can tell the official Xbox one is the only one worth going for. There are some third party wheels out there but apparently they're all inferior.

The thing is, the official 360 wheel pales in comparison to the Logitech G25.
- The PC supports the G25.
- The PS3 supports the G25.
- The Xbox 360 doesn't support the G25.

As a PC/PS3/360 owner I can't decide whether or not I should get the G25 and just hope that Microsoft enable it at a later date, or just get the MS wheel and hope a better game isn't released on another platform. :(

Anyway, as far as 360 wheels go you're best off with the Microsoft one. Enjoy: http://console.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTIyOSwxLCxoY29uc29sZQ==

Edit: Also, if you're specifically thinking of this for Forza 2, the game was developed with the official Microsoft wheel in mind. I've heard that the force feedback is impressive.

I want something that's going to work really well with DiRT. It would be great to work well with Forza 2 as well since I plan on being superl33t in that game and my efforts would be greatly assisted by the use of a good wheel.

I want something that's going to work really well with DiRT. It would be great to work well with Forza 2 as well since I plan on being superl33t in that game and my efforts would be greatly assisted by the use of a good wheel.

Well, the official Xbox 360 wheel is pretty much your only option.

There's going to be G25 support for DiRT on the PC and PS3, but without the clutch pedal and H-shifter support (which makes it useless IMO).

Well, the official Xbox 360 wheel is pretty much your only option.

There's going to be G25 support for DiRT on the PC and PS3, but without the clutch pedal and H-shifter support (which makes it useless IMO).

Rally cars are usually sequential anyway, so that's not that big of a deal.

Back