Which Video Card for an Intel I7 7700 Quad Core Desktop

bikemanI7

n00b
Finally got Stimulus money, which will help me afford either a Geforce 1660 Super or 2060 Super possibly for this Desktop

Monitor NEW Christmas 2018
1920x1080 1080P HDMI monitor, at 75hz

Games Played
American Truck Simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Battlefield 4
Grand Theft Auto V
and Need For Speed Payback (currently on Laptop machine right now with Geforce 1050 TI 4gb in that system

System Specs are as follows

Intel I7 7700
Evga G3 650 Watt Power supply
16gb of ram
Artic Freezer Pro CPU Cooler
Geforce 1050 2GB
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB
1tB Western digital Black

Last edited:
I used to have a 1660 Ti, and it was a beast at 1080p. Should be similar to the 1660 Super.

The 1660 Super should be enough, and I don't think the 2060 is needed unless you really want to mess with ray tracing or just want to get some extra power.

I used to have a 1660 Ti, and it was a beast at 1080p. Should be similar to the 1660 Super.

The 1660 Super should be enough, and I don't think the 2060 is needed unless you really want to mess with ray tracing or just want to get some extra power.

Yeah i don't really care on RayTracing part, so yeah thinking purchasing 1660 Super soon as can here. Then get it installed, and enjoy my games with more video memory, and should be all good

Buy the best card you can afford in your price range. In this case that appears to be the 2060 Super.

Yeah will look at the 2060 Super prices as well, and buy the best i can afford for sure

I think think the 2060 is overkill for 1080p gaming. I am not overly familiar with the demands of those games. But, I think a 1660 would be ample. Frankly, I think 1000 card with more RAM would be ample. I understand the sentiment of getting the best you can for the money you have. I just don't think you will be using that money right now.

Actually, looking at some of the videos now, I think the 2060 might be better if you want to stay above 75 fps.

The 7700K is pretty much a 3300x give or take depending on how you clock it. This video should be helpful for you since it compares a wide range of video cards up to 2080Ti.

2060 Super has more memory and also has DLSS which might be useful especially in future games.

2060s no question. Especially if you don't upgrade offend. It will last you longer then a 1660ti.

2060s no question. Especially if you don't upgrade offend. It will last you longer then a 1660ti.

Thank you everyone for the replies, and yes i don't upgrade video card that often, so yeah will hopefully be able to afford a nice 2060 Super model, and get that delivered, and installed, and system should be able to last me til i save funds up for a bigger upgrade in a year or two, (Hoping then to just do case swap, Motherboard,CPU, Ram type upgrade))

K or Non K version?

I had the 7700non k for a bit and noticed stuttering in game, didnt matter what gpu I threw in it.

Mine is a Non K Processor, and have right Geforce 1050 2GB, so hoping i won't have any stuttering when i get the newer video card ordered and installed. So far it's very smooth with my 1050 video card. I just hope still smooth when i get the newer one

You might keep an eye out for a deal on a used 980Ti, as newer cards are in fairly short supply right now anyway and you said that you don't care about ray-tracing. The 980Ti is competitive with many of the other cards listed here in most games and it has 6GB VRam which should be plenty for 1080P.

Thank you all for the replies, ended up spending some of the $1200 stimulus for bills, which left me about $300 for newer video card purchase. Ended up selecting
EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER SC ULTRA GAMING card, i know folks up above said to get a 2060 for future proofing, but unforuately have to get what i could afford. Based on the pictures should fit in my case fine hopefully, arriving Saturday June 6th estimated delivery date

main thing is wanted more video memory for GTA V game, and a few other games i play

Thank you everyone for the replies

Yeah i think i will be also, first video card upgrade in a while, so thinking i should be very happy in terms of graphics performance/game performance.

Back