Which Value Ram is the best? (2gb)

synbios

Weaksauce
I'm currently considering which brand of RAM is the best in terms of reliability and performance for my system below:

Athlon64 3200 (Winnie) with TT Silent Boost K8 HSF (A1838)
Asrock 939DualSATA2
Geil 1gb dual channel Value RAM (2.5-3-3-6)
Connect3D x800gto
Cavalier 3 with Enermax EG465AX-VE

The Geil Value RAM has been fantastic but I have been looking to upgrade to 2gb (to play Oblivion and others demanding games).

So what I'm wondering is out of the value RAM available which is the best?
The ones that I seem to favour are:

Crucial or Corsair value RAM

Others include OCZ and Twin Mos.
Not sure if there are others and what should I really be looking for my Athlon and Asrock setup?

Many thanks!

PS Im planning on taking out the Geils and also I won't be overclocking, just fast, solid and reliable ram needed.

Corsair gets my vote.

Running three seperate sets of it right now good stuff and rock solid

when it comes to value ram, anything works really, just pick one from a good name that is relatively cheap. for the value stuff, i'm somewhat partial to g.skill and corsair. look to see what seems best to you. if you can't decide, we can help out :p

Corsair Value RAM FTW! The G.Skill 4000HZ isn't expensive and when I looked for my 2GB kit it was £15 more than the vlaue

synbios said:
I'm currently considering which brand of RAM is the best in terms of reliability and performance for my system below:

Athlon64 3200 (Winnie) with TT Silent Boost K8 HSF (A1838)
Asrock 939DualSATA2
Geil 1gb dual channel Value RAM (2.5-3-3-6)
Connect3D x800gto
Cavalier 3 with Enermax EG465AX-VE

The Geil Value RAM has been fantastic but I have been looking to upgrade to 2gb (to play Oblivion and others demanding games).

So what I'm wondering is out of the value RAM available which is the best?
The ones that I seem to favour are:

Crucial or Corsair value RAM

Others include OCZ and Twin Mos.
Not sure if there are others and what should I really be looking for my Athlon and Asrock setup?

Many thanks!

PS Im planning on taking out the Geils and also I won't be overclocking, just fast, solid and reliable ram needed.

Why change from Geil?, they do 2 x 1MB Dual Channel Value kits - stable and fast. Like you I'm currently using Geil Value DDR 400 in dual channel with a ASRock Dual-SATA2 without any issues. Beware the ASRock mobo is a bit fussy with some memory.

Otherwise, it may be worth looking at G.Skill - highly overclockable.

Back