Which TV tuner card has HDMI output that is good?

EarthBrain

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a good TV tuner card that has HDMI output so that I can pass the video and audio signal through just one HDMI cable.

snaggletooth

Supreme [H]ardness
yeah, i was under the impression that you'd input the signal into the tuner card and output via your vid card.

EarthBrain

Limp Gawd
I thought that the card get the input signal from an antanea and would output the signal to a TV. Then there should be an HDMI ouput so that I can connect the TV tuner card to the TV using HDMI cable.

Trombe

Gawd
You mean your TV is one of those older ones without a tuner? What you're looking for is a set top box then, and not just a TV tuner.

HighTest

[H]ard|Gawd
I thought that the card get the input signal from an antanea and would output the signal to a TV. Then there should be an HDMI ouput so that I can connect the TV tuner card to the TV using HDMI cable.

The HDMI connection would be from your video card. If you've an older GPU that has a DVI connection, you can purchase a DVI-HDMI adapter (albiet it only passes video and no audio).

New cards, like the ATI 4850 and 4870 have included DVI-HDMI adapters that some how have the audio passed as well.