Which titles did you guys buy from the D2D $5 sales?

WabeWalker

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm going to miss the five dollar sales at D2D - really, they ought to price at least one game for $5 EVERY Monday, then I would be a happy man. LOL!

But for five dollars I got:

Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena - for five dollars! (And now it's back up to $40 again).
Bioshock - sweet deal for a fiver.
Elven Quest - this game is exactly like Panzer General; it's a wonderful game; and there's DLC coming out in October, November, and December. If Elven Quest is still selling for five dollars then I highly, highly recommend it. It's a very addictive turn-based war game with some pretty nice looking visuals.

Riddick
Elven Legacy
Stalker
Sid meiers Railroads
World in conflict
Codename Panzers
Mount and Blade
GRAW2
Drakensang
NWN2 + Expansion
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Civ 4

Riddick
Elven Legacy
Stalker
Sid meiers Railroads
World in conflict
Codename Panzers
Mount and Blade
GRAW2
Drakensang
NWN2 + Expansion
Civ 4

Holy toledo - you hit the mother load!

I'm so pleased to see that you bought Elven Legacy. We Panzer General fanatics finally have our Panzer General back because of this game. (I also bought Fantasy Wars off Ebay, because apparently it was the game that came before Elven Legacy.)

The amazing thing about Elven Legacy is that there's actually a story - and during the game, the hero characters will talk to one another (adding a narrative really makes you care about your pieces on the map). Not in a million years would I ever have come up with that idea. I also love the 'side-quests' in which you're often rewarded with a new unit for having liberated it from a village that's off to the side. Great game, Elven Legacy. (And now I can't wait for the first DLC - Ranger Quest, will be available on the 20'th).

Drakensang, and NWN 2, at five dollars apiece, are also great, great deals, as is Civ 4 for five dollars.

Wow, you really got lucky there. Those games will last you right through this year and well into the next. So for $55, about the price of one game, you got 11 amazing games. Jesus.

Nothing :(

Most of the sales were regionally restricted. Apparently bytes flowing from one part of the world on the internet mean less than the bytes flowing from another.

Holy toledo - you hit the mother load!

I'm so pleased to see that you bought Elven Legacy. We Panzer General fanatics finally have our Panzer General back because of this game. (I also bought Fantasy Wars off Ebay, because apparently it was the game that came before Elven Legacy.)

The amazing thing about Elven Legacy is that there's actually a story - and during the game, the hero characters will talk to one another (adding a narrative really makes you care about your pieces on the map). Not in a million years would I ever have come up with that idea. I also love the 'side-quests' in which you're often rewarded with a new unit for having liberated it from a village that's off to the side. Great game, Elven Legacy. (And now I can't wait for the first DLC - Ranger Quest, will be available on the 20'th).

Drakensang, and NWN 2, at five dollars apiece, are also great, great deals, as is Civ 4 for five dollars.

Wow, you really got lucky there. Those games will last you right through this year and well into the next. So for $55, about the price of one game, you got 11 amazing games. Jesus.

I bought Elven Legacy because it's the same engine as my Game of the year 2007 (??) Fantasy Wars....and yeah of course back then Panzer General, whereas i still have Fantasty General running in a dos box.

Drakensang
Neverwinter Nights 2
Pirates!
MLB 2k9
Kingdom Elemental
Battlestations: Pacific
Company of Heroes Gold
World in Conflict Gold

Dang... spent more than I thought. Kingdom Elementals locks up a lot on me as well. Wonder if I can get a refund on that one...

I cant say because my wife checks my forum posts

but if I were have bought some these would be it.

Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
World in Conflict Gold Edition
Company of Heroes Gold Edition
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Neverwinter Nights 2
Titan Quest
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Manhunt
Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
Saints Row 2
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Yeah I know Im random.

I cant say because my wife checks my forum posts

but if I were have bought some these would be it.

Yeah I know Im random.

wow and I thought my wife could be nosy and controlling when she wanted to lol

Frontlines: Fuel of War. spent about an hour playing it before i corrupted the install trying to patch it. haven't bothered to reinstall yet, probably will in the future though.

Bioshock and STALKER are by far the best deals IMO. i would have grabbed them if i didn't already own them.

Riddick
Assassin's Creed
World of Goo
Cogs
World in Conflict
Company of Heroes

I bought Elven Legacy because it's the same engine as my Game of the year 2007 (??) Fantasy Wars....and yeah of course back then Panzer General, whereas i still have Fantasty General running in a dos box.

As it turns out, Fantasy Wars just arrived in the mail this morning.

I bought Elven Legacy for five dollars and raved about it, and somebody said to me, well, if you like Elven Legacy so much then buy Fantasy Wars.

As soon as I bought Fantasy Wars - the makers of Elven Legacy announced three separate DLC campaigns, one in October, one in November, and one in December. Each DLC will be as long as Elven Quest itself. The three DLCs will revolve around Rangers, Magicians, and Sieges, and each will feature 2 new heroes.

All of this, along with Fantasy Wars, will keep me going for a long time to come. It's funny, because just this past summer I was saying to a friend of mine how much I miss the old General games from SSI.

I only bought company of heroes gold, stalker, and titan quest gold. I considered buying these games when they were new. 5 dollars each is insane.

Supreme Commander Gold
Elven Legacy
NWN2
NWN2 SoZ
Drakensang
Titan Quest pack
Age of Conan

I haven't had time to load even one of them yet, and it's unlikely I'll be able to play more than half of them... but maybe one of the other people who use my comp can play :)

Well pooh, I would have picked up Riddick if I had caught for the $5. :(

Well pooh, I would have picked up Riddick if I had caught for the $5. :(

I was surprised myself when I saw it for $5. Where I live it's selling for $50, and I had been waiting for it to drop down to $30. At $30 I was going to buy. I had to look twice when I saw that it was selling for $5.

I'll probably get around to playing it sometime next year.

Risen has got me right now, and I'll probably finish it. Then the five year wait will finally be over and Dragon Age will be upon us (hold all my calls, please.) And after that... Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 5... etc. etc.

Civ4
GTA:VC
Pirates!

Im still going to get
World in conflict
GTA:3
COH Gold
and maybe Supreme Commander not sure about this one though

bought none, wanted riddick but forgot about it.. oh well.. no big loss

Games I bought from this sale:
Riddick
Neverwinter Nights 2 and expansion

Games that are on sale but I already owned in some other form:
Company of Heroes Gold
Supreme Commander Gold
World in Conflict
Dawn of War Dark Crusade
Bioshock
Titan Quest and expansion
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
X-Com Bundle
Far Cry
Call of Juarez
Beyond Good and Evil
Assassin's Creed

I would have bought quite a few more games if I hadn't owned so many of them already.

Titan Quest Gold
Supreme Commander Gold

I was tempted to get World in Conflict Gold, but I would've had to beat the entire game again just to access the expansion content...

Elven Legacy
Saint's Row 2
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Battlestations Pacific
Neverwinter Nights 2 Storm of Zephir
World in Conflict Gold
Thief Deadly Shadows
Mount and Blade
Light of Altair
Bridge Construction Set
Drakensang
Sword of the Stars

I picked up Drakensang and Battlestations Pacfic...a lot of the games they put on sale I already own..

Got Company of Heroes Gold and Drakensang. I'm thinking about buying Elven Legacy.

Drakensang is an incredibly good RPG.

I'm going to have to give the nod to Risen (because as far as RPGs go, Risen is just a damned good old school RPG, with a massive amount of soul) - but Drakensang was the RPG that got me through the summer. I loved that game.

For five dollars Draknesang is a steal (and I believe that it's still not too late to buy it if you haven't already).

Titan Quest Gold
Battlestations: Pacific
World in Confict

All the above for $5 ea.

In the past I've gotten Trine which is a great game and Assassins Creed Director's Cut.

Drakensang
NWN 2 + Storm of Zehir
BioShock
Assassin's Creed
Call of Juarez
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

I wish I hadn't gotten PoP:TTT, since the StarForce copy protection caused the game to not run, plus it borked Vista, forcing me to go back to a restore point before it would successfully boot again.

On the flipside, BioShock was one hell of a game... Worth $5 at least ten times over. :D

Back