Which store ships hard drives the best?

Ordered some WD Reds last month from Amazon and they are in their own boxes.
So it was a large box with a NAS and the 2 hard drive boxes with the large air bubble things taking up the slack in the box.

I know Newegg used to bubble wrap hard drives if they weren't in their own boxes, but I haven't ordered a bare drive from them in years.

Ordered some WD Reds last month from Amazon and they are in their own boxes.
So it was a large box with a NAS and the 2 hard drives boxes with the large air bubble things taking up the slack in the box.

I know Newegg used to bubble wrap hard drives if they weren't in their own boxes, but I haven't ordered a bare drive from them in years.

Thanks.

The seagate exos drives I ordered from newegg last year came in the own boxes with the plastic drive holders wrapped in air pockets.

I was happy with Best Buy packing, but I was buying external WDs to shuck, so there's a lot of extra packaging there to protect against shipping. My experience with Amazon on other things is pretty mixed on if they're going to properly fill the box or not, and then they like to comingle inventories; I'd rather not take a chance with them.

A couple of months ago I bought a 6TB Seagate Ironwolf drive from Newegg along with some other items. All the items were in a box and the hard drive was bubble wrapped well. The packing of the whole shipment was done well so nothing was sliding around. I don't know how packing is done with drives only, though.

Also, there's no guarantee that any one place will always pack something properly. I've received some packages from Amazon which were way overboard in how the contents were packed and probably would have survived a nuclear blast. Other times I've had packing which I wouldn't have wished on my worst enemy. It's always going to be hit and miss no matter where you order from.

Back