Which Sound Cards Work w/ Vista

Could someone please just make up a list of what sound cards they have gotten to work with Vista 32 and 64 bit versions? I'm sure this would be very helpful to many of us who are searching for a sound card. It doesn't matter what brand (Although I'd like to stay away from Creative), Price, or interface. Just please lets start making a detailed list of sound cards that we know for a fact work with Vista.

Thanks,

BTW this is my first thread :D

Picked up a raptor drive from a bud. Formatted and thru my OS (Vista 64) on it. Separated games on my D drive. My Xi-Fi Gamer has been flawless. No cracking noises. Mic works perfectly in vent...etc.

Baracuda AC-1 has worked flawlessly on XP, Vista 32 and 64. No problems to report. The sound just doesn't sound as sharp as the Xi-Fi. But for 50-75 bucks...One nice card.

X-Fi XtremeGamer, for the most part no issues in Vista 64. Clear sound and works great in games.

Only issue was latest driver update totally hosed OS. :( But installed it after a OS reinstall, and no issue *shrug*

It'd be easier to make a list of ones that DON'T work; Vista compatibility is excellent.

My Chaintech AV-710 works flawlessly on both 32 and 64-bit.

HT Omega Striker 7.1 works very well with Vista x64 (as you can see in my sig).

My 7 year old first gen Audigy Gamer works perfectly in both.

My Audigy 2 ZS works just fine. I never installed Creative's bloat ware, just barebone Audio console. Vista 32bit and 64bit here.:D

creative x-fi fatality. Works fine in both 64bit and 32 bit vista for me. Installed regular creative drivers from their site.

It'd be easier to make a list of ones that DON'T work; Vista compatibility is excellent.

My Chaintech AV-710 works flawlessly on both 32 and 64-bit.

I think I love you. Yes, I'm still on XP, but at some point I will be going Vista, this is very good news. Just bought and am awaiting a NIB Chaintech ... can you direct me to the proper drivers? I keep reading to NOT use the ones on the driver/software CD.

my xfi on my motherboard works much better than it used too. It's based on the xpresscard version. I have it disabled at the moment because I am using my emu 1212m. heh

My ESI Juli@ works fine..Beta drivers
Uncle Bill sure put everybody on the spot for awhile..Look like it will take some time to work out all the bugs.
Seems like there are a lot of complaints

Just for the sake of reference, my integrated C-Media CMI97xx (it's either a 9739 or a 9761) works with XP drivers in Vista 32-bit with effects turned off :)

Also, my M-Audio FireWire Solo works quite well in Vista 32-bit as long as you don't put the computer into S3 (sleep - device regularly goes haywire on resume) or S4 (hibernate - no sound upon resume).

For the record, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (originally in this PC, now in my Mom's Dell Dimension 2400C) and X-Fi XtremeGamer work just fine with Vista Ultimate x86 (includes SP1 on this PC, does *not* include SP1 in Mom's PC yet).

I sold my X-Fi when I could only get static when using Vista x64. I was a Creative loyalist so I am not just bashing.

I got the Asus Xonar D2X and it works fine in the same setup.

Well unfortunately for me the Xonar D2X doesn't work with the two games I play the most (Sumpreme Commander and any Source based games, which kills me because TF2 is my favorite game) in Vista x64 SP1 (with DS3D GX on or off). So back it goes. Outside of flaky ASIO drivers, the Prelude works fine for me (but I have to deal with mode changing and ALchemy).

The only sound cards I've tried with Vista thus far are the following and I haven't had any major issues with anything of them.

Asus Xonar D2 (tried Vista 64 only)
X-FI ExtremeMusic (Vista 64 and Vista x86)
Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS (Vista x86 only)
Hercules Fortissimo III (Vista x86 only)
Chaintech AV710 (Vista x86 only)

If you get the popping and crackling issue with the x-fi cards (including the Prelude) you probably won't be able to fix it unless your motherboard bios can change the latency on the pci bus. What happens is that the sound card card needs more latency and/or the graphic card needs less. Currently there is no vista 64 software that can change pci or
pci-e latency.

Some people get the popping and crackling and some don't. I get it really bad
on hardware that worked fine in XP.

Back