Which sound card to buy

Bigjohns97

[H]ard|Gawd
I am torn between another POS soundblaster audio card or this asus d2 card with the asus200 chipset.

From the only ting the asus can't do is the eax 5.0, is this really used anymore?

I really don't want to buy another soundblaster, I have never liked their drivers.

Howver i have never bought an asus sound card their drivers could be just as bad?

Can someone help me out please?

im looking at picking up a auzentech x-fi forte, check it out.

one of the features that i like about it is that it has an integrated headphone amp

If you don't know why you want the latest version of EAX, you probably don't need to care.

That's really what i was getting at, wether or not i needed the latest eax anymore.

I think i am going with the asus, i just really want creative code off my system.

I will be connecting a simple 2 speaker power system along with headphone set and mic through the back analog ports.

But the reason for this upgrade is the dts interactive i plan on enabling for spdif out to my dts reciever with 6.1 surround sound.

Currently i have to run in 6 channel stereo and even with that simple task there is not much bass seperation using my current x-fi platinum.

If you're going to use a digital interconnect, the bass separation shouldn't be influenced by the sound card. Anything that gets the signal out should do an equivalent job, other than DSP functions.

That is not correct, when dts interactive is used the bass is seperated on the sound card level.

Now i am reading user reviews on newegg and alot of people are saying it's not a gamer card.

That is not correct, when dts interactive is used the bass is seperated on the sound card level.

Yes, which is a DSP function intended to introduce bass distortion so that the amplitude appears higher on cruddy speakers / amplifiers.

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but i ended up keeping my x-fi platinum and getting analog cables to hook into my reciever.

Why my dumb ass never did this long ago, I have no idea, everything sounds much better than before and now I only use the optical connection for movies.

Back