which software to check that new build is working properly and then OC?

x509

2[H]4U
Moderators: I don't know if this is the right forum for this post. Please move if necessary.

I need some recommendations to make sure my new rig is running properly, so I don't get BSODs.

I'm about to redo my rig almost completely. The Corsair 800D case, Corsair 850 W PSU, and Hitachi 7200 rpm HDDs remain, but the rest will be all new:
  • ASUS ROG X570 Strix-E motherboard
  • AMD 3900X CPU
  • Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600 DDR4 2 x 16 GB
  • AMD Radeon 5600-XT (haven't picked out vendor/model just yet)
  • Sabrent 1 TB Rocket NMVe PCIe 4.0 M2 2280
Up to now, when I've had memory issues I've used memtest86. But I would like some recommendations for utilities to test out all the hardware. First I will run my system at rated speeds. After a few weeks of completely stable operation, I would like to overclock "reasonably." If it matters, for now I will stick with the AMD Wraith cooler for the 3900X.

In advance,

Thanks.

Different ones will find different weaknesses.

Run the Realbench stress test with your RAM total selected, shoot for a full panel of hash matches at least.

Blender render the classroom file.

HWBot X265 4K on 4X overkill.

These are all pretty quick, should let you know if you are on the right track at least.

Different ones will find different weaknesses.

Run the Realbench stress test with your RAM total selected, shoot for a full panel of hash matches at least.

Blender render the classroom file.

HWBot X265 4K on 4X overkill.

These are all pretty quick, should let you know if you are on the right track at least.
Thank you to everyone who posted. I think I have enough to keep me (and my new system) busy for days.

Back