Which smartphone should I buy under $70?

Jonesblake

n00b
Dear friends here, the phone I am using is too old to continue working. So I am looking for a new one. But the problem is that I don't have much budget on it, a smartphone under $70 is ok for me. Do you have any recommendation? Every comment is welcomed here. Thanks in advance.

Would be glad to help, but we'd need to know:

- What carrier/country?
- I assume a smart phone?
- Willing to buy used?

Regardless, if you can buy used phones, I'd recommend just going to www.swappa.com and finding the best phone you can in your budget. You're not going to find much, but coincidentally I saw that this BLU R1 HD on Amazon for $50 with ads. If it's compatible with your carrier, it's probably about the best you're going to do with that budget.

Edit: Just noticed that the BLU phone won't be available until July 12th. So might not work if you can't wait.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The ZTE ZMax 2 gophone from BestBuy for $59.99 might be a good choice. It works on AT&T and T-Mobile just fine.

Do not buy a Windows Phone. Basically zero app support. You'll find yourself wishing you hadnt bought one.

Might as well buy a feature phone at this price point. You can brag about your week long battery life. I dunno if there are any good smartphones at this price aside from phones generations behind. Raise that price range to $150 and I'll suggest a new Moto G.

You can get a ZTE android phone for $70 or less. They won't be flagship quality. Battery life, screen quality, performance, etc won't be great, but it will do the job. They run Android 5.0 or better and will run all the essential apps.

Go used and you can get something solid. I just sold an LG G Flex 2 for $110 for example.

Do not buy a Windows Phone. Basically zero app support. You'll find yourself wishing you hadnt bought one.

that's odd, I have no issues with app selection, I have one for everything I need...

Banking
Netflix
Hulu Plus
Flight Radar
Weather radar
OBDII Doctor
Quake Watcher
Stock Ticker
Pandora
I Heart Radio
Groove Music
Twitter
Facebook
Exchange Client
Chronos Calendar
Fitbit
Gismeto weather app
Police Scanner 5 Pro
Metro Tube
Vcard reader
Wallet
maps
Tmobile

Dear friends here, the phone I am using is too old to continue working. So I am looking for a new one. But the problem is that I don't have much budget on it, a smartphone under $70 is ok for me. Do you have any recommendation? Every comment is welcomed here. Thanks in advance.
ZTE Zmax 2. $60 at Bestbuy. 5.5" 720p screen, Snapdragon 410, 2GB Ram, 16gb storage. I picked up up for my daughter and have been testinf it until she gets back in town and it's simply amazing what you can get for $60.
You won't find a better new phone at this price. Oh and it has dual speakers on the back and supports dolby audio.

ZTE Zmax 2. $60 at Bestbuy. 5.5" 720p screen, Snapdragon 410, 2GB Ram, 16gb storage. I picked up up for my daughter and have been testinf it until she gets back in town and it's simply amazing what you can get for $60.
You won't find a better new phone at this price. Oh and it has dual speakers on the back and supports dolby audio.

They aren't really dual speakers, but other than that it is a great phone. Huge upgrade for me coming from a 2013 Moto G without LTE. I've been using mine for over a week now. If I had to complain about anything about it, it would be the loose/cheap power and volume buttons.

that's odd, I have no issues with app selection, I have one for everything I need...

Banking
Netflix
Hulu Plus
Flight Radar
Weather radar
OBDII Doctor
Quake Watcher
Stock Ticker
Pandora
I Heart Radio
Groove Music
Twitter
Facebook
Exchange Client
Chronos Calendar
Fitbit
Gismeto weather app
Police Scanner 5 Pro
Metro Tube
Vcard reader
Wallet
maps
Tmobile

I really like windows phone interface, but just no. I have tried windows 6, 6.5, 7, 8.1, -- windows 7 and up was complete garbage for app support. Prior to 7 we didnt really have apps anyway. Every SINGLE time ive had a windows phone and did a search for some pretty popular apps all i could get was a shortcut to something launches a web browser for their website. Sure it has a facebook app... If your someone that just checks email its fine.

Banking
Netflix
Hulu Plus
Flight Radar
Weather radar
OBDII Doctor
Quake Watcher
Stock Ticker
Pandora
I Heart Radio
Groove Music
Twitter
Facebook
Exchange Client
Chronos Calendar
Fitbit
Gismeto weather app
Police Scanner 5 Pro
Metro Tube
Vcard reader
Wallet
maps
Tmobile
Tinder???

Have you seen the option of Refurb? The prices varies but you might get LG G2 (tough) or Moto RAZR M (quite possible)

If you can find it still the Lumia 640 is an excellent phone and it can be upgraded to Windows Mobile 10. It was a my daily driver for 4 months while I waited for the Lumia 950 to launch. Great phone considering how cheap it was.

Oh yeah, I forgot Windows Mobile has "no apps". What a bunch of cr@p. How many weather and flashlight apps does one need?

Back