Which SLI Board works with all 4 Dimm Slots

I would like to know which sli board works with all 4 dimm slots full with dual channel. I heard MSI has problem with all 4 dimm slots running dual channel. Does DFI or ASUS or Gigabyte have same problem? I have 2 gigs (4x512 dual channel Corsairs 2-2-2-5 Pros) would like to know which Sli Board will work with both channels full.

From what I have seen, none of the SLI NF4 boards will operate with 2GB installed and 1T timing. Setting to 2T has allowed me to run 2GB at 2.2.2.5 with Corsair PC3200XL.

It's a limitation of the processors on-board memory controller. Rumours are it will be sorted in the Revision E cores.

It bites that motherboard manufacturers didn't have that problem fixxed before they released the Nforce4 motherboards.

It's not the motherboard manufacturers or the chipset makers. It's a known issue with the A64 memory controller.

The chipsets for A64's don't have any memory controller hardware. That's all on the processor itself. Which is why memory performance on the Athlon 64's kick so much ass.

newls1 said:
I've got 2Gb of PC3200 (2 1gb sticks) on my a8n-sli deluxe using 2.5/3/3/8 1T timings, and it seems OK. Yes, its OC'ed

I think the problem is more with running 4 sticks of ram instead of 2. The size of the chips shouldn't matter as much.

I need motherboard that works with all 4 ram slots. I have corsair dual channel (2x512mb) and second set to make it 2 gigs. I need a motherboard that works with all 4 ram slots occupied for dual channel.

For the people who are runnig 4 sticks, do they run at ddr400? MSI's maunal says that with all four slots populated, they run at ddr333.

Night_Hawk-19 said:
I need motherboard that works with all 4 ram slots. I have corsair dual channel (2x512mb) and second set to make it 2 gigs. I need a motherboard that works with all 4 ram slots occupied for dual channel.

Get an Intel!!!

The AMD-64 CPU on-Die memory controller sets the speed to 333 when using more then 4 banks. That has NOTHING to do with the Mobo... Its the AMD-64 CPU that limits this. Now the rev. E CPU coming soon is rumored to have this fixed running stock or you could be lucky and find 1 of the AMD-64 CPUs that can overclock til U hit 400.

Sorry night hawk but thats just the way it is as you would have found out yourself IF U had taken the time to do a search on this issue B4 U threw a new thread out and then dissmissing/not taking the time to understand - the answers that u got.

Just my 0.02€

do not get an intel
instead, get a 4200+ which will have sorted it out.
anyway, in games performance, the difference between the average cas 1gig sticks, and the 2225 of the 512mb sticks will equate to like 2fps max.
the only difference will be in benchmarks
f

freddiepm61 said:
do not get an intel
instead, get a 4200+ which will have sorted it out.
anyway, in games performance, the difference between the average cas 1gig sticks, and the 2225 of the 512mb sticks will equate to like 2fps max.
the only difference will be in benchmarks
f

Do u know this or is it the rumors? I don't suggest to get an Intel either but I was not in a good mood when i read the post and the replies.

Are my posts invisible? I have 4 sticks of Corsair 3200XL running at DDR400.

And as far as the 4200+ goes, yes this and all the Venice/San Diego(woot) cores are suppose to have an improved memory controller that will fix this issue.

Read all about it here.

ohnnyj said:
Are my posts invisible? I have 4 sticks of Corsair 3200XL running at DDR400.

And as far as the 4200+ goes, yes this and all the Venice/San Diego(woot) cores are suppose to have an improved memory controller that will fix this issue.

Read all about it here.

But are you running at 1T or 2T?

I can run 4x256Mb on my A8N-SLI but only at 2T. At 1T it hangs when starting to load windows.

ohnnyj said:
Same memory here and same result, 1T would not boot to Windows. You can, however, enable DDR400 speeds at least but must do so manually in the BIOS.

BTW: This is with the ASUS board.
read the thread mate :D

and yeah, this is definitly a cpu limitation for the time being, typically not the board.

Frallan I figured that out now but you know you can keep you snide remarks to yourself. I only asked a question you didn't have to answer. The rest of the users who replied my thanks.

Back