Which should I get: Samsung Galaxy S10, Pixel 4A 5G, or something else?

Delicieuxz

[H]ard|Gawd
These phones go for $400 - $500 CAD used (someone only used for a few months), and I'm looking for a like-new second-hand phone in this price range. I don't follow phone news, and I wonder what people recommend.

With my phone, I text, do a small bit of browsing, take photos, record audio, some video.

The pros for the S10 that I know of are that it has wireless charging (which would be very nice to have), it's built with higher quality materials, can have more storage, and I've heard that it takes better videos. It will receive Android 12, but no more OS updates after that.

The pros for the 4A 5G that I know of are that it takes better photos (which is big for me), and will receive more OS updates. There might be other things in its favour.

I had a similar choice recently and settled on the s10e. I feel the only thing I'm losing is photo quality but I get better everything else including videos.

It's possible to find a good price on a like-new Samsung S20FE. I might consider one of those. But one thing that bugs me about the Samsung phones is the camera's over-saturation. I think it looks ridiculous and loses complexity colour shades and scene depth. And while it might make for some fun personal photos, it would spoil anything that already looked amazing that you were wanting to get an accurate photo of. The blurry selfie photos are also ridiculous, IMO. 32 MP selfie-cam... destroyed with blur effect.

Anyone know if those things can be turned-off on Samsung phones, particularly the S10 and S20FE? If not, it's a deal-breaker for me. Those things should be filters or post-processing effects that can be enabled, and shouldn't be the camera's default style.

oneplus 7 pro? it will get android 12, no wireless charging. I have a used one coming on tuesday. I do know they don't have much post processing effects.

or maybe one of the newer oneplus phones. worth looking into them. and maybe the motorola edge? they have nearly stock android like oneplus.

They aren't really designed for the US market and have a smattering of bands that aren't fully compatible with any US carriers. Verizon in particular won't even allow it on the network.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-poco-f3

It looks nice I guess, but if it doesn't work with my carrier, it's a paperweight.
oh haha forgot that some carriers dont let people chose whatever they want. i mean the outside isnt that bad but its a phone that has more ram then a lot of pcs and a great cpu.

Back