Which should I buy? 20" WS Sceptre Naga III or 19" Samsung 940B

Artluo100

Limp Gawd
I'm not sure which one I should buy. The 20" Sceptre is about 40 bucks more but it's widescreen. I've heard many good reviews about the 940b. There are some good Sceptre reviews out there but there are also bad ones. I've heard about the firmware issue on this but I can get it fixed by sending it back, which I have no problem with. I just really want to take advantage of my 7800gt.

i'd go with the samsung

if u want widescreen fine another

sceptre's bad from what i hear around here, bad colors, and tears in games

I just got an Envision 19" widescreen LCD monitor from Costco. I also ordered a Sceptre 20" widescreen LCD from Costco.com yesterday. I'll take some pictures and post them here in few days.

I didn't think brand names mattered that much, but I was proven wrong today. This piece of crap Envision completely sucks. My previous LCD's were Samsung and Dell. Both were excellent. I'll be returning this Envision monitor when Sceptre arrives and I'm not even sure if Sceptre will be as good as they claim to be. Sure they have great specs, but I think they are cheap for a reason. This Envision has 1440x900 resolution, 300cd/m2 brightness, 500:1 contrast ratio, and 8ms response time. I paid $289.99 for Envision and $389.99 for Sceptre 20". If you want, I can post some pictures of my 19" Envision tonight.

Anyway, I'm really disappointed right now. I'll probably just end up buying another Samsung or Dell. :(

You guys really think so?

I'm leaning towards the Samsung also but tommorow I'm heading down to costco to pick the Sceptre up. They have a pretty good return policy from what I heard on this forum so if anything and I don't like it, I think I'll return it. As far as the tearing goes, you can send your Sceptre back for a firmware update for free (you have to ask for a prepaid postage slip, they offer it for free but they don't voluntarily tell you). So I'll update more tommorow.

i just ordered me a BenQ FP202W from newegg... when i get it ill post a review along with pics :)

Artluo100 said:
You guys really think so?

... I'm heading down to costco to pick the Sceptre up. They have a pretty good return policy from what I heard on this forum so if anything and I don't like it, I think I'll return it. As far as the tearing goes, you can send your Sceptre back for a firmware update for free (you have to ask for a prepaid postage slip, they offer it for free but they don't voluntarily tell you). So I'll update more tommorow.

I think I might try this as well. If you get it at costco, there's no problem returning it if there is a problem. Plus from what I've read, if you get a NagaIII that is functioning properly it is a great monitor.

Narius said:
i just ordered me a BenQ FP202W from newegg... when i get it ill post a review along with pics :)

we know you just ordered one because you posted this in every single thread on the first page of the displays forum. good for you. now stfu and stop postwhoring

Back