Which RTX 4090 card are you planning or consider to get?

Well, that's your choice, but being inflexible like that is a recipe for missing out on the latest gen halo card performance, or significantly overpaying for a card.

I got ab MSI Gaming X Trio 24G. It wasn't my favorite. It wasn't even near the top, due to its fewer VRM's and maxing out at "only" 450w, but I am pretty happy I was able to get a 4090 and matching water block for only very slight above MSRP.

It was either that, or continue living with unacceptable performance at 4k ultra in latest gen titles.

I think that was a reasonable tradeoff.
I'm not having problems right now in the games I play at 4K max settings, a 4090 would just buy me the ability to not require DLSS in a few.

Never have I ever had to wait this long for a flagship card in the exact brand/model I have wanted. Even during the crypto fiasco I snagged my 3090, the exact one I wanted, simply by walking into Microcenter after spotting it online.

I have barely seen any 4090s show up at MC since release, and those that have, are not one of the 3 im willing to buy.

It is what it is I guess, but I'm not gonna settle unless gaming at 4k on this 3090 no longer holds up. But as of right now, I see no games coming out anytime soon I plan to play that will put me in that situation.

Don't get wrong, I've wanted a 4090 for months now... but this is getting silly without mining being an issue anymore.

This question made me chuckle.

You get what you can find in stock at as close to its MSRP as possible, to not feed the scalpers.

Unless you are incredibly lucky, you don't get a choice. You have to buy whatever there is.
Seems like DK is better with stock than, just checked proshop.dk for card ready to ship:
1673257686533.png

Seems like DK is better with stock than, just checked proshop.dk for card ready to ship:
View attachment 540388

There are some of these on retail sites over here as well, one or two of other models you light like at $1000 over MSRP being held by some opportunistic scalper or a retailer acting like a scalper.

I mean 17790 DKK is ~$2550...

I guess if you really want to feed a scalper over $500 to get the exact model you want, that is an option, but it isn't a good one.

There are some of these on retail sites over here as well, one or two of other models you light like at $1000 over MSRP being held by some opportunistic scalper or a retailer acting like a scalper.

I mean 17790 DKK is ~$2550...

I guess if you really want to feed a scalper over $500 to get the exact model you want, that is an option, but it isn't a good one.
That is a normal price in Denmark...with 25% VAT and an additional "IT VAT" here in Denmark.
On the plus side I got money from the goverment to study when I was young, the education was free and so is healthcare here.

You need the whole picture and I do tend to find people from the USA to be extra "salty" about prices, but then also excluding the whole picture.

That is a normal price in Denmark...with 25% VAT and an additional "IT VAT" here in Denmark.
On the plus side I got money from the goverment to study when I was young, the education was free and so is healthcare here.
"25% VAT + IT VAT"
"education and healthcare are free"
"government gave me money"

LMFAO

"25% VAT + IT VAT"
"education and healthcare are free"

LMFAO
You do indeed need the whole picture.
No one in Denmark is burdened by students loans or the cost of an education...infact the goverment pays you (a small amount compared to a salary though) so you have more time to focus on your study than work on the side.
You break a leg it is also free...so I can live with higher taxers/VAT.

One observation can also be than you seem more unhappy, despite the lower VAT/taxes in the USA ;)

Got a Gigabyte gaming today. Looks like it was up for a while so hopefully some other Hard members got it as well 😊

Will be my first Gigabyte product I think ever. Hopefully I made the right choice.
I've used three Gigabyte motherboards and they've all been solid. Better than any of the ASUS boards I've used over the years. This will be my first GIgabyte video card. It was one of my choices I was waiting for. The other was the MSI Suprim X.
You do indeed need the whole picture.
No one in Denmark is burdened by students loans or the cost of an education...infact the goverment pays you (a small amount compared to a salary though) so you have more time to focus on your study than work on the side.
You break a leg it is also free...so I can live with higher taxers/VAT.

One observation can also be than you seem more unhappy, despite the lower VAT/taxes in the USA ;)
"Free." Those high taxes you pay are what is paying for your education and healthcare. In addition to the 25% VAT, the average effective income tax rate in Denmark is 45%, and it can go as high as 56%. I am quite happy with my low taxes, thank you.

I've used three Gigabyte motherboards and they've all been solid. Better than any of the ASUS boards I've used over the years. This will be my first GIgabyte video card. It was one of my choices I was waiting for. The other was the MSI Suprim X.
I'd be curious to hear how it performs and sounds (coil whine / fan noise). The MSI Suprim X has been on my list for a while now, but impossible to find. I have seen the gigabytes more frequently at MC, but have never given them a look since I had a really shitty gigabyte mobo in the LGA775 era and have never looked back... lol.

You need the whole picture and I do tend to find people from the USA to be extra "salty" about prices, but then also excluding the whole picture.

I'm pretty familiar with life in Scandinavia. I lived in Sweden from 1983 to 1999. There are certainly things they do I like better than here (but I am going to avoid details, as many on these forums get triggered by the slightest mention of any government nmbenefits, and I do t want to turn this thread political), but I don't remember Sweden ever having a special IT tax. That sounds prettyy arbitrary. I wonder what the Danish governments justification for this is.

Its nice they offer 4 y warranty after registering the gigabyte cards. I not only see 2 gigabyte models on newegg canada but there is an aurus master i can pick up 10 mins drive at canada computers. Definitely better than last month.

I'm not having problems right now in the games I play at 4K max settings, a 4090 would just buy me the ability to not require DLSS in a few.

Never have I ever had to wait this long for a flagship card in the exact brand/model I have wanted. Even during the crypto fiasco I snagged my 3090, the exact one I wanted, simply by walking into Microcenter after spotting it online.

I have barely seen any 4090s show up at MC since release, and those that have, are not one of the 3 im willing to buy.

It is what it is I guess, but I'm not gonna settle unless gaming at 4k on this 3090 no longer holds up. But as of right now, I see no games coming out anytime soon I plan to play that will put me in that situation.

Don't get wrong, I've wanted a 4090 for months now... but this is getting silly without mining being an issue anymore.
This is because Nvidia is reallocating AD102 silicon to RTX 6000 Ada cards instead. Why sell that silicon in a $1600 product when they can sell it in $7400 product instead? Then every so often throw out a 4090 here or there and the people will gobble it up.

This is the first time cards haven't sold out almost immediately after release from what I remember. Good sign for sure.
Good sign? Its the pricing. These 4080's and 4070 Ti's would be sold out if they were same MSRP or only marginally higher MSRP than their Ampere counterparts. Just look at the 4090, everyone who is in the price class wants one and its only $100 more than the 3090 was. 4080 is literally $500 more than the 3080 MSRP and the 4070 Ti is $200 more than the 3070 Ti MSRP. Nobody wants the other cards at their current jacked up pricing. That's the only reason they are still available and slow to sell.

Good sign? Its the pricing. These 4080's and 4070 Ti's would be sold out if they were same MSRP or only marginally higher MSRP than their Ampere counterparts. Just look at the 4090, everyone who is in the price class wants one and its only $100 more than the 3090 was. 4080 is literally $500 more than the 3080 MSRP and the 4070 Ti is $200 more than the 3070 Ti MSRP. Nobody wants the other cards at their current jacked up pricing. That's the only reason they are still available and slow to sell.

I was specifically referring to a 4090. I've been casually trying to buy one since launch and yesterday was the first time it was available for several hours.

Literally right now you can buy both Gig models on Newegg

I was specifically referring to a 4090. I've been casually trying to buy one since launch and yesterday was the first time it was available for several hours.

Literally right now you can buy both Gig models on Newegg
Ah, I misunderstood. Sorry.

Reactions: FRZ
like this
Well my dalliance with gigabyte was short lived :p

Bought an Asus TUF from another member as I have a Waterblock for it. Will return the gig card or sell it here

Can't wait to put the 4090 under water

"Free." Those high taxes you pay are what is paying for your education and healthcare. In addition to the 25% VAT, the average effective income tax rate in Denmark is 45%, and it can go as high as 56%. I am quite happy with my low taxes, thank you.
I pay to highest tax in Denmark and still I can go out an buy a 4090 without breaking my economy.
Says something when the guy paying 56% in taxes and 25% VAT and an additional IT VAT is fine, but you on a lot lower tax payment have issues.

You have never had so good 1080p gaming value as right now in the PC space.
So I suspect we are not talaking "value" here, but the simple fact you what to biggest "toy" but cannot affored it.
Gaming is a luxury hobby, but one of the cheaper ones.
If such a chepa hobby is casing you discomfot I suggest finding another hobby, since the jealousy you are displaying is a negativety in your life, not mine.

I'm pretty familiar with life in Scandinavia. I lived in Sweden from 1983 to 1999. There are certainly things they do I like better than here (but I am going to avoid details, as many on these forums get triggered by the slightest mention of any government nmbenefits, and I do t want to turn this thread political), but I don't remember Sweden ever having a special IT tax. That sounds prettyy arbitrary. I wonder what the Danish governments justification for this is.
It is called "Blankmedie-afgift" and is to cover artists and producers for the piracy going on in the mobile/tablet/PC world.
As always, there is no "free lunch"...someone always ends up paying.

...but I don't remember Sweden ever having a special IT tax. That sounds prettyy arbitrary.
Don't (or recently didn't we) have that here in the US also? We called them tarrifs they call them VAT. Pretty much the same in my eyes, one is at the bottom as a tax, the other is just a higher cost.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/g...pire-on-december-31-could-spell-higher-prices

"These 25% tariffs were imposed by the Trump administration several years ago to essentially penalize China-based hardware manufacturers — which included not only graphics cards, but also laptops, motherboards, and other devices."

Don't (or recently didn't we) have that here in the US also? We called them tarrifs they call them VAT. Pretty much the same in my eyes, one is at the bottom as a tax, the other is just a higher cost.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/g...pire-on-december-31-could-spell-higher-prices

"These 25% tariffs were imposed by the Trump administration several years ago to essentially penalize China-based hardware manufacturers — which included not only graphics cards, but also laptops, motherboards, and other devices."

No, tariffs and VAT are very different things.

VAT is essentially sales tax.

The way I interpreted what HumanBias was saying (though he can clarify if I read it wrong) is that for "IT products" you pay the normal sales tax, and then you pay a second sales tax on top of that, specifically for tech. Sounds a little nuts to me. Don't get me wrong, I understand the need for governments to raise revenue to support the things they do, but why specifically target tech products, rather than spread it out over the entirety of the market?

That sounds like a recipe for holding your jurisdiction back technologically, which is something no one wants.

What we had under Trump were tariffs against products imported from China as part of trade disputes.

They can have the same effect, essentially government takes a cut, and that results in higher prices for the consumer (unless there are alternatives that are not subject to the tariff, and thus are cheaper) but the intent behind them is very different.

Tariffs happen when something is imported. They are applied specifically as "punishment" against a foreign nation or manufacturer for practices that are not approved of in the country into which things are being imported. They are a way of trying to get the source of the product to change their ways, and show that you are willing to harm them financially if they don't.

In a freely competitive market where there are plenty of alternatives, this shifts consumer demand away from the nation or manufacturer which has had tarriffs placed on them, and to other manufacturers, harming the offending nations business. However, in a market where there are few or no alternatives it can look very much like a sales tax as it drives up prices.

Now, I don't want to make this a political discussion (because that is not allowed in this subforum, we have the soap box section in the subscription only General Mayhem area for that, but I am happy to give you my options either there or offline/ in PM's if you want to discuss). That said, the U.S. has for decades had many legitimate gripes againt China in the realms of forced technology transfers, discriminatory licensing restrictions, state-directed acquisition of U.S. sensitive technology, hacking of U.S. commercial networks, etc. etc. This is one of the very few areas of agreement between the Trump and Biden administrations, as the Biden administration kept them when it entered office.

(I hope pointing out the non-political party aligned nature of this helps keep it out of the "political" category)

And that's all I have to say about this here, as I already have a few "off topic" strikes against me in these forums :p

(I tend to get carried away replying to things I am passionate about)

Last edited:
gigabyte has some in stock on their website but they have a website that looks like no one works on it lmao. They are missing half the states in the U.S, not sure if that a glitch or they don't ship to em. As an example Michigan isn't there so you can't check out lmao.

They still list Fry's in their buy section.....
They indeed don't ship every where. Which is really weird lmao. I added the address to my online account and then tested the check out and gave me a warning one or more products can not be shipped to the location you selected please try another lmao. Their customer service confirmed too only 19 states, they are working on more lmao.

MSI Suprim Liquid X arriving today.

Very nice.

This model wouldn't have worked for me, as I was going to integrate it into my custom water loop either way, but I do kind of wish I could have nabbed a little more premium model, only for the better power delivery and possibly better chip binning.

As an aside, I just received a DHL notification that my waterblock from EKWB is out for delivery.

I might just have to retire the "Slowvenia" joke I have been using for years. When I ordered it the site said it would be delivered on Jan 19th.

scalpers are avoiding expensive modesl now unless they have fomo attached to it like strix etc LMAO. Gigabyte is available too for 1709. Sucks BB hasn't had any drops lmao. I have like $200 in reward cards. I have sold a bunch 4090s here to people near cost just collecting rewards to get mine and settle down lmao.

I am hoping they have one soon given how often newegg is dropping them. BB might be stacking up lmao. They got shit load of 4080s.

I have a feeling as soon as I buy bb gonna drop. Last time they dropped FE near me right at 12AM at night.

Last edited:
Let me know when you see the Air Cooled Suprim X.... lol. Been trying to snag it for months and I never see it in stock.
it was up today to for like 1719. Those seem to sell out fast. The gigabyte gaming OC seems to be the one people don't want I guess lmao. I think bots have removed themselves from some cards.

Back