Which RTX 4090 card are you planning or consider to get?

Thoroughly enjoying my 4090 FE! It’s actually so well built that I’m contemplating whether to actually watercool it.

Very quiet, no coil whine (thank god), runs very cool (haven’t seen the GPU temp crack 70°C yet in any of the games I’ve played) and I’ve overclocked it past 3000 Mhz no problem - haven’t even tested the limit.

Thoroughly enjoying my 4090 FE! It’s actually so well built that I’m contemplating whether to actually watercool it.

Very quiet, no coil whine (thank god), runs very cool (haven’t seen the GPU temp crack 70°C yet in any of the games I’ve played) and I’ve overclocked it past 3000 Mhz no problem - haven’t even tested the limit.
Same here with my Gigabyte 4090 OC. Very well built card that runs cooler than my previous EVGA 3090 TI card which still blows my mind. Thinking of mounting it vertically, but haven't fully decided yet.

Someone go bid on this beast. need a millionaire friend to come through lmao for a good cause. EVGA 4090.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374395654607
No one in their right mind would purchase this without a warranty, and let's be honest, EVGA won't be around much longer to offer anyone left with their products any recourse. So fuck that! :ROFLMAO:

This smells like a desperate attempt at staying relevant and fresh in people's minds.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
No one in their right mind would purchase this without a warranty, and let's be honest, EVGA won't be around much longer to offer anyone left with their products any recourse. So fuck that! :ROFLMAO:

This smells like a desperate attempt at staying relevant and fresh in people's minds.

They are donating the entire thing to st.jude plus if you are spending that much money you are getting this as a show piece. I doubt they care about warranty or using it. It's one of a kind thing I guess, that's all there is to it. Desperate attempt to donate the entire thing? No doesn't sound like that lmao.

They are donating the entire thing to st.jude plus if you are spending that much money you are getting this as a show piece. I doubt they care about warranty or using it. It's one of a kind thing I guess, that's all there is to it. Desperate attempt to donate the entire thing? No doesn't sound like that lmao.
They have to donate the proceeds for marketing reasons. Can you imagine how people would rip them apart if they were trying to sell a card they specifically said they wouldn't release because the big bad Nvidia were not playing fair with the intent of pocketing the proceeds? Not to mention there would be no way in hell they would offer any kind warranty to a product they never officially released. Make no mistake, this is EVGA trying to stay relevant by using the few production samples they did manufacture, donating the proceeds to a charity to earn brownie points and on top of that being able to claim a tax write off for the whole thing.

I would hope more people here wouldn't be so gullible as to why corporations do these sorts of things. :cautious:

They have to donate the proceeds for marketing reasons. Can you imagine how people would rip them apart if they were trying to sell a card they specifically said they wouldn't release because the big bad Nvidia were not playing fair with the intent of pocketing the proceeds? Not to mention there would be no way in hell they would offer any kind warranty to a product they never officially released. Make no mistake, this is EVGA trying to stay relevant by using the few production samples they did manufacture, donating the proceeds to a charity to earn brownie points and on top of that being able to claim a tax write off for the whole thing.

I would hope more people here wouldn't be so gullible as to why corporations do these sorts of things. :cautious:

Hey I don’t expect them not be criticized these days, hating on things seem to be the norm even if it’s a good act
Lmao. Most well established partner stands up to nvidia bull crap and then sells unreleased card for charity, but somehow they are trying to stay relevant by donating it. What it has do with them staying relevant is beyond me. They still are well known even if they don’t sell nvidia GPUs.

Sorry to disappoint you I don’t hate evga. They aren’t your Mega billion dollar corporation. Agree to disagree here and time to move on. My mistake I shared Lmao.

Last edited:
So I finally broke down, sold my MSI RTX 3090 Suprim, and found a decent deal for Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity OC which I have now ordered. I need to assemble a new PC from scratch so it will take some time before that is done but will probably throw it into an older build to kick the tires.

Im thinking selling my rtx 3080 and maybe maybe getting rtx 4090, im wondering how many years it would serve you before needed be upgrading, im kinda out of loop on top of line stuff

Im thinking selling my rtx 3080 and maybe maybe getting rtx 4090, im wondering how many years it would serve you before needed be upgrading, im kinda out of loop on top of line stuff
About 2 years or so if you crank all the settings up to max at 4K in the latest games. Or so I've found with a 3090/3090 Ti.

Of course, that can be extended quite a bit if you don't mind turning down settings.

haha dont look at the new unreal engine 5.1 benchmarks... fortnite bringing a 4090 to 60fps...

(granted it looks amazing)

I went from 970 (2014), to 1080ti(2017), to 3080 (2020), to 4090 (2022). Given the strong increase in performance from 3000 to 4000 series, and the publicly massive consumer pushback on Nvidia pricing, I do not expect NV to come out with a 5000 series which is either cost effective, or which has a similar performance uplift. Therefore I intend to completely skip the 5000 series Nvidia and 8000 series AMD. After that, its open season for my $1000-1500 class card money.

I view the 4090 as a 1080ti equivalent card, which will be a world beater for several years to come. I will be back for the 6080 or the 9900XTX.

I just got done reading the AMD 7900XTX benchmarks at Tomshardware. It looks like a nice card, but now I wish I would have just gotten a 4090 even with the price difference... I really hope supply starts to come back. This is feeling like the whole PS5 or high end video card lottery from the last 2 years. Ugh.

My 4090 comes tomorrow. Going to replace 2x 3080. I want to see what performance looks like on my projects and in CP2077. I am down for a 5090. Then i can really just do all my projects on the 4090 outside and cut some heat out.

I just got done reading the AMD 7900XTX benchmarks at Tomshardware. It looks like a nice card, but now I wish I would have just gotten a 4090 even with the price difference... I really hope supply starts to come back. This is feeling like the whole PS5 or high end video card lottery from the last 2 years. Ugh.

I am not in a super big rush but to be honest I had no plans on the 4090 until I saw that the 7900xtx is basically a complete fail. Obviously the silicon bug rumor is correct. They should have called it the 7700xt and 7700xtx and priced it at $700 and accelerated the refresh. Will likely try and find a 4090 now.

So I finally broke down, sold my MSI RTX 3090 Suprim, and found a decent deal for Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity OC which I have now ordered. I need to assemble a new PC from scratch so it will take some time before that is done but will probably throw it into an older build to kick the tires.
Change of plans!

Saw a MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X in stock and couldn’t help myself so I ordered that and canceled the Zotac. These are so bloody expensive anyway so might as well get a card that I’m fully excited about getting! :rolleyes:

Change of plans!

Saw a MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X in stock and couldn’t help myself so I ordered that and canceled the Zotac. These are so bloody expensive anyway so might as well get a card that I’m fully excited about getting! :rolleyes:
I have been thinking getting rtx 4080/rtx 4090. keep it on my 1440p 165hz should be good for 3-4 years, i think lol. still going over reviews and working out math, most my money goes into my baby (my business), hell $1800 would cover full year of business insurance.

Have to admit I'm starting to feel the itch now, too. Some of these newer games coming out are starting to bring the 3090 to its knees. Can't say I won't be tempted to buy a 4090 once there is stock again.

Have to admit I'm starting to feel the itch now, too. Some of these newer games coming out are starting to bring the 3090 to its knees. Can't say I won't be tempted to buy a 4090 once there is stock again.
im in same boat, I can run out and spend money on rtx 4090 no problem. The problem with me is, 1 million protection cost on avg $1600-$1800 cover year of business insurance.

You are going to be waiting a long ass time for a 4090 TI. Is it really worth it? I guess if you are going to keep it for a long ass time but if you are going to jump on the 5090 i would buy it when you can at the start of the year.

Last edited:
I doubt we’ll see a 4090 Ti anytime soon as well. The 4090s are still selling out within minutes and there is no other competition that comes close against it. I wouldn’t even be surprised if AMD’s mid-cycle refresh (7950XTX) won’t beat the 4090 either overall.

I’m guessing we’re at a minimum 1+ year away from a 4090 Ti model. Nvidia will probably release it once the 4090 sales slow to a crawl. And when it releases it’ll probably be only a few months behind the RTX 5090 that will be the same-ish price with notably better performance.

I remember the 3090 Ti was 2K USD at launch and the 4090 at 1.6K USD was announced months later. I wouldn't feel good right now if I bought the 3090 Ti. Not so much if I had a 3090 or 3080 Ti.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20.

I doubt we’ll see a 4090 Ti anytime soon as well. The 4090s are still selling out within minutes and there is no other competition that comes close against it. I wouldn’t even be surprised if AMD’s mid-cycle refresh (7950XTX) won’t beat the 4090 either overall.

I’m guessing we’re at a minimum 1+ year away from a 4090 Ti model. Nvidia will probably release it once the 4090 sales slow to a crawl. And when it releases it’ll probably be only a few months behind the RTX 5090 that will be the same-ish price with notably better performance.
Also, who's to say NV won't respin as TSMC 4nm improves over time? Maybe then we'll see a 3ghz plus 4090 Ti.

Change of plans!

Where did you find one? I want a 4090FE due to it being the only one that will fit my case (except for AIO) but I haven’t seen any in stock since the release date. I am thinking about just giving in and trying to snatch a 7900xtx tomorrow morning because I have a feeling I will never see a 4090FE.

Well, I got my 4090 FE from Falcon Northwest for $2030 2nd day air I know they have stock so if you want one go buy a computer from them lol. I also agree with the above a TI model might come just a few months before the 5090 drops. Just like it did with this gen.

3090ti buyers knew this would happen. it wasnt exactly a secret that new gpu's were about to drop. Anyone who bought one had money to burn and probably doesnt care.

The 4080 practically looks like a "value" based on the results so far with the 7900 XTX. But it's always "wait for the drivers" with AMD...
It's not a value IMO. Everything below the 4090 should drop at least $300 in price if you ask me. Halo is halo and the rest are chopped liver compared to that. That's just me. YMMV.

It's not a value IMO. Everything below the 4090 should drop at least $300 in price if you ask me. Halo is halo and the rest are chopped liver compared to that. That's just me. YMMV.
I just think it is funny that AMD gets praise at $1,000 whereas NVIDIA gets crap at $1,200 - when in the end, they trade blows at rasterization and, of course, the 4080 blows the 7900 XTX away in RT. Plus, you get the NVIDIA software suite and drivers as a bonus.

I just think it is funny that AMD gets praise at $1,000 whereas NVIDIA gets crap at $1,200 - when in the end, they trade blows at rasterization and, of course, the 4080 blows the 7900 XTX away in RT. Plus, you get the NVIDIA software suite and drivers as a bonus.
I hear ya. I just think everything below the 4090 is way overpriced for the performance. I ignore the AMD fanboi crap. It's the same every generation, NV dominates the top and they trade blows below that. Obviously, NV is winning the war and the minority don't like it. AMD needs to step it up with their crap launch drivers and get with it on the RT front. The market has spoken.

I hear ya. I just think everything below the 4090 is way overpriced for the performance. I ignore the AMD fanboi crap. It's the same every generation, NV dominates the top and they trade blows below that. Obviously, NV is winning the war and the minority don't like it. AMD needs to step it up with their crap launch drivers and get with it on the RT front. The market has spoken.
The marketing already works - everyone is OK with $1,600+ video cards because they offer so much more “value” than the $1,200 and $1,000 ones.

The marketing already works - everyone is OK with $1,600+ video cards because they offer so much more “value” than the $1,200 and $1,000 ones.
This. I'm not okay with the "but it's a halo product!" excuse. That's clearly being used to affect the rest of the product stack, too.

I don't think it's value. It's the halo effect. The top end cards have never been close to cheap since the GTX 580 if I remember correctly. Did I like paying $1799 for my GB Gaming OC? Nope. I wanted the fastest GPU I could buy and that was the price. Sucks to be me.

Back