Which RTX 4090 card are you planning or consider to get?

lmao the PNY model I managed to order that went on backorder has an eta of 45+ days. Looks like I'm just going to have to give up on 4k gaming because none of these cards come into stock for more than 90 seconds at a time. Its already been a month from launch and this situation isn't going to change any time soon.

lmao the PNY model I managed to order that went on backorder has an eta of 45+ days. Looks like I'm just going to have to give up on 4k gaming because none of these cards come into stock for more than 90 seconds at a time. Its already been a month from launch and this situation isn't going to change any time soon.
90 seconds is a long time! 2020 you got 5 😂

I don't know if anyone else uses Solidworks here, but I backed up/wiped my boot drive yesterday because I didn't clean install when upgrading to my 7950X.

I clean installed Solidworks 2022 SP5 and shockingly real view worked out of the box with my 4090. I didn't import any settings. Just moved over drawing/table templates and design library... So, no pulling reg keys from anywhere.
Wonder if they stopped disabling Hardware AA lines or if they are treating it like a Titan?

Ah! Here’s an air duster, a stress toy, a crappy monitor, for cheap with your new 4090! And a leftover gigabyte power supply!!
And, of course, all of the non-bundled single GPUs that were on there in 2020 and 2021. But keep focusing on the bundles *eye roll*

Oh yeah. 1000w PWR limit with 2 12VHPWR connectors, 3.7GHz clocks...what could go wrong?

https://www.techspot.com/news/96547-galax-rtx-4090-hof-comes-two-12vhpwr-connectors.html

1668106640993.png

HOF is probably the top dog now that EVGA Kingpin is no longer a thing. Maybe it was top dog before that too.

I have the FE and bought the Cablemod 4 to 1 cable. Looks nice. Card hasn't exceeded 65C while gaming with anything I've thrown at it. Definitely CPU limited in some games but at 150+ FPS in nearly every game I play I just laugh.

HOF is probably the top dog now that EVGA Kingpin is no longer a thing. Maybe it was top dog before that too.
Not sure about practical, every day gaming, but they do make a HOF variant that is specifically made for LN2 cooling.

I may have missed it, but have there been any reports of 4090 FE’s melting or was strictly just AIBs?

Thinking about picking up a different 4090. This TUF is a dud. Doesn’t go over 2865 MHz and ram only +1500. 🙄

Guessing Asus uses their good chips on the strix models

This has been my experience with the tuf cards. My 3090 tuf doesnt boost for shit. Even with +150 on core it has lower clocks than my stock 3080ti. Same deal with my tuf 3070. Its slower than all my other 3070's including 2 asus duals i have.

Was able to checkout a tuf 4090 oc for 1799 plus tax at BB today, just goofing around and gonna cancel unless someone here wants it for cost + ship. ETA 11/26 but BB usually quicker, lmk.

I think BB dropped regionally this week and today. Today it was saying available nearby for the FE, but i think that used get bypassed with direct queue link. Looks like BB caught on to that, the link doesn't try to put you in line anymore. That's how I got mine last time even though it said it wasn't available. I mean I can't hate that, good for those who have the opportunity to buy what they desire.

I think BB dropped regionally this week and today. Today it was saying available nearby for the FE, but i think that used get bypassed with direct queue link. Looks like BB caught on to that, the link doesn't try to put you in line anymore. That's how I got mine last time even though it said it wasn't available. I mean I can't hate that, good for those who have the opportunity to buy what they desire.
Verified Priority Access invites went out today, thats why the status changed.

I was able to secure a 4090 FE through my invite today, my top pick!

was considering dropping by BB today to see if they had any in stores since I would love some black tie protection on one of these. Though with the news coming out that the melting cables were user error or debris in the connector/some combination of the two, I am much less worried.

I just watched a video from Corsair about the 40 series cards and power supply and they mention that they build their PSU's to supply up to 351 watts on the 8pin socket on the PSU side which is why you can get 600 watts on just two 8 pin connections.

Let's be real, with crypto in long hibernation, the 4090 should be 1200, 4080 800 and 4070 should be 600 (and use a 256 bit bus, not 192 bit). Atleast I negotiated a 10% discount from BB so my total cost was just under 1500 with tax for the 4090 with 5% cc rewards...

I’m still waiting to even catch the tail end of one of these things. Two months now and still chasing stock trackers all over the place, probably spent more time looking for a damn card than I will playing games on it if I got one. I guess since I got rid of the 3090ti my piddly little 3070ti only qualifies me for Adobe offers in GFE. Looking more and more like AMD is going to get my money this time.

My local Micro Center has had 4080's since release with 20+ in stock. I haven't seen a single 4090 since release... lol. Good thing I'm not in a rush, if I even need one at all at this point.

The last FE drop in Canada was in stock for over an hour, demand up here is slowing down I guess.

Back