Which RTX 4090 card are you planning or consider to get?

No, I mean ASUS includes a small kickstand thingee now. Just like the Amazon link.

Around 3:12

The Gigabyte cards come with a bracket thing that bolts to mobo standoffs in your case. It's a neat idea but doesn't really work with an EATX board. I resorted to one of the ones that slides up and down a rod (giggity) and tightens down with a bolt. I think I like that threaded screw style better.

Managed to finally secure myself a 4090 FE @ MSRP (High Taxes, Next Day Shipping, and Fees from PayPal Invoice) from the Official NVIDIA discord

1667025487751.png

(It's expected delivery is Monday Oct 31st. These pictures are from the seller.)

1667025495425.png

1667025541360.png

Congratulations, congratulations, you have the guts to buy an rtx 4090 considering these problems with the power connector, which apparently heats up a lot when it draws power, so it's possible that it melts.
Otherwise, if I could, I would also buy the rtx 4070 FE founders edition or whatever it will be called when it comes out.

Like this in the case it looks like a big radiator :D

From cars to vid cards, we have to allow some time to pass for mistakes to be fixed, before jumping and buying those... 😏

Buildzoid emphasizes the heat issue can slowly warp/melt the plastic insulation around the conductors. You may have a problem and not even know it. I am not buying one of these just to disconnect the cable every few days and check for physical damage I can't see otherwise. Fix your shit Jensen

Has anyone scanned it with a Flir device to see if it's heating up? The "finger" test isn't going to reveal much until it's too late...

Man, NVIDIA needs to address this adapter issue. If, for nothing else, to stop giving fuel for the haters. The price was enough. 😄
I'm not a hater, it's just that when I'm already buying the best graphics card in the world, it would be good if I didn't have to fear the possible burning of the connector.
But it's not the first time that nvidia screws up its users a bit, whether intentionally or unintentionally, and not just the high segment.

I'm not a hater, it's just that when I'm already buying the best graphics card in the world, it would be good if I didn't have to fear the possible burning of the connector.
But it's not the first time that nvidia screws up its users a bit, whether intentionally or unintentionally, and not just the high segment.
You really don’t need to fear it. Statistically it is rarely happening. Right now it’s not even fully understood - it could be a few users with underpowered PSUs and poorly connected cables.

It’s certainly an issue but I wouldn’t go back to my 3090 Ti’s over it.

You really don’t need to fear it. Statistically it is rarely happening. Right now it’s not even fully understood - it could be a few users with underpowered PSUs and poorly connected cables.

It’s certainly an issue but I wouldn’t go back to my 3090 Ti’s over it.
Ya there's WAY more going on with the folks have it happen. Wouldn't be surprised at this point if all these new cases are self inflicted to create drama.

Ya there's WAY more going on with the folks have it happen. Wouldn't be surprised at this point if all these new cases are self inflicted to create drama.
Lol, really? It's been shown how shoddy these adapters are, but surely it must all be fake?

Managed to finally secure myself a 4090 FE @ MSRP (High Taxes, Next Day Shipping, and Fees from PayPal Invoice) from the Official NVIDIA discord

View attachment 522375

(It's expected delivery is Monday Oct 31st. These pictures are from the seller.)

View attachment 522376

View attachment 522377
Not to worry you, but everyone needs to be weary of any internet stranger advertising a just-released, high demand item like a 4090 at MSRP, when FE is going for MSRP+$700 on ebay. That you were sent a jpg, or that the seller was in Nvidia's official discord don't really mean anything. I realize everyone has an anecdote "this one time, a goodguy on a forum hooked me up for MSRP", but there are 10,000 scammers for every one of those. Using PP and/or creditcard also isn't 100% security against an experienced scammer that knows the PP dispute meta intricately and has fake docs ready to upload.

But I do hope you get the GPU and all is well!

Last edited:
Not to freak you out but everyone needs to be weary of anyone selling a just released high demand item at MSRP. The fact you were given a jpg or that the seller was in Nvidia's official discord dont mean anything. Hope you get the GPU.
Oh wow, just noticed it was from a private seller. Yeah that would raise some red flags.

I have been thinking this way since the issue started, but worrying gets to the best of us sometimes. It's like reading reviews (especially Newegg), which you can pretty much tell from reading them who knows what they are doing, and those who think they know.

Picked up my 75 day msi rental from BB, reluctant purchase, will see. Snapped the internal drive cage fan mounts (useless anyways) so the Antec 1100 should accommodate a 341mm GPU , will know soon enough. Will have to use a riser for my 3rd slot nvme adapter though, barely fits with the 2.75 slot 3090 right now.

I'm sure most people are already aware, but these cards are power hungry if you push them to their absolute limits.

I was running Halo Infinite maxed at 4K on my Windforce RTX 4090, and with a "modest" overclock of +150/+1200 (core/mem), voltage maxed, and power set to 106% (highest this model will go). The card was almost constantly bouncing off the power limit and hitting 470-480 watts. Granted, framerates were stupid high (around 200-ish), but if this card is stressed, it will use some serious power.

LMAO so I am reading in nvidia reddit megathread for confirmed cases that Nvidia told tomshardware your warranty is void if you use corsair single cable or cablemod cable. What a joke that is. They want to burn out more cards I guess lmao.

LMAO so I am reading in nvidia reddit megathread for confirmed cases that Nvidia told tomshardware your warranty is void if you use corsair single cable or cablemod cable. What a joke that is. They want to burn out more cards I guess lmao.
Even if they really mean that, there's zero way they could prove what cable you used.

No, but it's still a really bad take if true.
Indeed. Especially the Corsair cable. It's literally being sold by a PSU company for their PSU. Are they going to tell people that use a new PSU that comes with a 12VHPWR natively they can't use that? Lol...

Even if they really mean that, there's zero way they could prove what cable you used.
I mean if lets say someone does have issue I guess nvidia would want a burned included adapter to prove it was their adapter lmao.

I feel like I wouldn't do a deal with a guy with 0 feedback on a $1600 purchase.
At least it’s regular PayPal so there’s protection. I’m sure it’ll go fine.

EDIT: max power draw for me has been 683W for my entire system - that's with the power target at 120% (600W on STRIX). I leave HWiNFO Pro running 24x7 - gaming is my primary workload.

power_draw.jpg

Last edited:
Very tight squeeezeee but I made it work, it drew blood too...I'm getting too old for this. Now to ponder over next 2.5 months to keep or not, though getting it out may be a PITA too lol...had to physically pull the back IO case panel by one hand by 0.25 inches to get the card's 'lip' to go in.

Attachments

• 20221030_201208.jpg
    20221030_201208.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20221030_204552.jpg
    20221030_204552.jpg
    590.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20221030_204812.jpg
    20221030_204812.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20221030_210855.jpeg
    20221030_210855.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 1
At least it’s regular PayPal so there’s protection. I’m sure it’ll go fine.

EDIT: max power draw for me has been 683W for my entire system - that's with the power target at 120% (600W on STRIX). I leave HWiNFO Pro running 24x7 - gaming is my primary workload.

View attachment 522828
How trustworthy is that number though? Have you ever compared it vs. a monitor at the outlet?

How trustworthy is that number though? Have you ever compared it vs. a monitor at the outlet?
I've been using Corsair digital monitoring power supplies since their inception - haven't seen any indication from anyone that it is not accurate. I have not compared it to the wall.

So has anyone actually checked if they have a 300v or a 150v? I'm FE gang so till I see a FE affected I'm hands off. I did think it was interesting that Igor had a 150v and all of Gamers Nexus adapters were 300v.

On the flip side; on reddit some people are stating they have melted adapters and 300v, so it maybe a combination of things going horribly wrong that causes it, not a single cause.

P.S. Happy Halloween!

Back