Which RTX 4090 card are you planning or consider to get?

The gigabyte gaming oc is better than the msi gaming x trio for me. But I want the FE or Liquid X.

I've already bought up every single model, version, brand of 4xxx card on the planet, as well as all 126.84 that were available off-world, so there's no point in continuing this thread any longer :D

/s

Damn I checked out with a Gigabyte card on Newegg then I got my cancellation email.

Damn I checked out with a Gigabyte card on Newegg then I got my cancellation email.
Brutal man. Sorry. :(
I don't understand how they F that up. Put your stock count in the database - sell until that is gone. Should be pretty easy.

Brutal man. Sorry. :(
I don't understand how they F that up. Put your stock count in the database - sell until that is gone. Should be pretty easy.
It's all good. The email came almost instantaneously. At least cards are being restocked. I just gotta keep F5ing.

IMG_9674.jpeg

Got the Suprim X Liquid. Question about placement:

I currently have the following setup in my Corsair 7000X

• CPU AIO 420mm rad set up top as an exhaust (Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 420mm)
• Rear set up as exhaust
• Front array of 120x4 T30s set up as intake
• Side array of 120x4 T30s set up as an intake

What would be the best placement of this GPU AIO and what should it be set up as, intake or exhaust?

View attachment 520123

• Rear set up as exhaust

What would be the best placement of this GPU AIO and what should it be set up as, intake or exhaust?
Which reminds me... I forgot to post the "going home" picture with my RTX 4090.

going home 1.jpg

Last edited:
That sucks, can’t even rest now when you think you are done.

Are you still able to order another card from Newegg if another drops in the next day?

I saw a Reddit thread where after someone’s Newegg order was cancelled, they managed to get another card in their cart later on, but they were barred from checking out because Newegg counted their cancelled order as the 1 per customer limit with a 48 hour timer. Basically, their order cancelled, funds held for 5-7 days, and blocked from buying another for 48 hours.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/y98uca/i_thought_i_was_lucky_enough_to_snag_a_4090_only/

That sucks, can’t even rest now when you think you are done.

Are you still able to order another card from Newegg if another drops in the next day?

I saw a Reddit thread where after someone’s Newegg order was cancelled, they managed to get another card in their cart later on, but they were barred from checking out because Newegg counted their cancelled order as the 1 per customer limit with a 48 hour timer. Basically, their order cancelled, funds held for 5-7 days, and blocked from buying another for 48 hours.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/y98uca/i_thought_i_was_lucky_enough_to_snag_a_4090_only/
Maybe they fixed it. My card was never charged

NE is pretty shitty, helps to have low expectations: can't believe the disappointment I went through in Sep 2020 after seeing a Zotac 3080 I 'won', lost a few hours later. When it happened again with the Gbt 4090 the day before, shrugged it off, got an MSI at BB the next day (tbd if I can manage to fit in build though that's a separate issue). GLTA.

Easy to fit cards if you remove side panel. That’s what I am doing. Not taking a chance at the crappy cable bending and stuff. Anyways, good to have airflow under my desk.

Easy to fit cards if you remove side panel. That’s what I am doing. Not taking a chance at the crappy cable bending and stuff. Anyways, good to have airflow under my desk.
It's not gonna be the side panel but the drive cage that may be an issue, apparently cards longer than 13" were incomprehensible 10 years ago when the Antec 1100 was designed and it's an E/XL-ATX monster.

It's not gonna be the side panel but the drive cage that may be an issue, apparently cards longer than 13" were incomprehensible 10 years ago when the Antec 1100 was designed and it's an E/XL-ATX monster.
These cards are insane huge. I thought the MSI SUPRIM 3080 was big. I thought the 3090 Ti was big. Both ain’t anything compared to these big hoss cards.

It really worries me for when I eventually upgrade - like how many dummies won’t measure twice and also make sure they have an adequate PSU?

View attachment 520123

• Rear set up as exhaust

I have tried every fan setup. the best temps are when all rad fans are exhausting. Even the front. Only having the bottom as intake everything else exhaust. Not ideal but best temperatures for a case fully loaded with rads.

So many people buying Gigabutt cards this gen.

Enjoying my TUF. It is running everything at 1440P 240 Hz (Plague Tale 2, MW2, Dying Light 2) with DLSS quality and maxed out. Really leveraging that 240 Hz to good use.

Smooth as butter. Runs about 57-60 C, fans at barely 1400 RPM and core clock at 2715 pegged. No sound. No bullshit.

So many people buying Gigabutt cards this gen.

Enjoying my TUF. It is running everything at 1440P 240 Hz (Plague Tale 2, MW2, Dying Light 2) with DLSS quality and maxed out. Really leveraging that 240 Hz to good use.

Smooth as butter. Runs about 57-60 C, fans at barely 1400 RPM and core clock at 2715 pegged. No sound. No bullshit.
Well mostly since gigabutt didnt overcharge and its available.

Newegg my least favorite retailer but this is FUD. You don't get an order voided for 48hr QLA after previous order of that SKU canceled for any reason. The guy either embellished what really happened to sympathy-troll, or didn't understand what happened. I've been through it hundreds of times where orders stuck after previous voids of same SKU.

In any case stock seems to be coming in heavier across Amazon Newegg BestBuy Microcenter and a few others, lots more alerts today than previous days. I think in 2 weeks you'll be able to walk into MC and pick up one of the less hype 4090 SKUs from the shelf (FE and Strix will remain untouchable however).

Last edited:
I am very interested in buying this card, COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX® 4090 Vulcan but I found out that it is only sold in Asia. I saw several for sale on aliexpress on October 12 but I cannot find any for sale now. Does anyone know how I can buy this card?

Thanks
OK, I have an offer for this card, $2,700. I -REALLY- want the LCD screen that is either on the edge of the card or you can remove it and place it on your desk!

img_0589.jpg

It comes from China
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.232777e4VjtgBZ&s=p

Am I nuts for taking a chance like this?
Edit: Fixed price

Last edited:
OK, I have an offer for this card, $2,700. I -REALLY- want the LCD screen that is either on the edge of the card or you can remove it and place it on your desk!

View attachment 520236

It comes from China
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.232777e4VjtgBZ&s=p

Am I nuts for taking a chance like this?
Edit: Fixed price
Yes, nuts. :)

Besides the customs hurdles and long shipping time (unless they offer an express shipping option for $100+), there's a good chance it gets damaged in route or by customs weenies.

Then there's a good chance that these top tier cards will be added to this mess:
https://www.hpcwire.com/2022/09/01/us-bars-nvidia-and-amd-from-selling-top-gpus-into-china/

Finally, there's also the bit about having a very limited warranty option here (or at the very least the problematic issue of returning things to China and hoping for the best...)

That's a lot of risk.

Yes, nuts. :)

Besides the customs hurdles and long shipping time (unless they offer an express shipping option for $100+), there's a good chance it gets damaged in route or by customs weenies.

Then there's a good chance that these top tier cards will be added to this mess:
https://www.hpcwire.com/2022/09/01/us-bars-nvidia-and-amd-from-selling-top-gpus-into-china/

Finally, there's also the bit about having a very limited warranty option here (or at the very least the problematic issue of returning things to China and hoping for the best...)

That's a lot of risk.
Yeah way too much for a stupid lcd screen. Get what you can get right now or be prepared to wait a while for the exact card you want.

Yeah way too much for a stupid lcd screen. Get what you can get right now or be prepared to wait a while for the exact card you want.

Yep - spending $1100 more for a card with a LCD screen seems impractical at best. Plus all the risk associated with using a supplier in China. Get a $1599 card instead, waterblock it, and buy a separate monitoring solution if you must.

Yep - spending $1100 more for a card with a LCD screen seems impractical at best. Plus all the risk associated with using a supplier in China. Get a $1599 card instead, waterblock it, and buy a separate monitoring solution if you must.
Even better - skip the water blocking part and save more since you gain very little.

With proper cooling, any RTX 4090 can be easily cranked up another 5% or more.
Get the cheapest RTX 4090 you can find - run it on air until a 3rd party waterblock becomes available, then put it on water and enjoy a continuous 5+% boost without heat issues.
I know this is [H] but what exactly does 5% do for you in the real world?

Back