Which RTX 4090 card are you planning or consider to get?

Could still get one in Australia hours after launch, been a while since that’s happened.

Could still get one in Australia hours after launch, been a while since that’s happened.
Hopefully it means that, after the initial craze, cards will just be available as normal to buy when you want. If I get one, which I'm really not sure about on account of how large they are, it is going to have to be something where I can just order it. I'm not going through the hoopla of chasing after them on forums and Discord and trying to grab something for 5 seconds when it is in stock. If it ends up being a perpetual shortage craze, I'll skip this generation for sure.

Yeah same, the stock hunting was exhausting for a PS5. Luckily I got a day 1 3090 so didn’t get reamed on price.

For this gen I’m not playing enough anyway but also without DisplayPort 2 etc it’s a bit limited.

Hopefully by the time Ti version is out we’re getting DisplayPort 2 monitors and I have more time for activities

For 4090 owners, what is the starting (minimum) rpm of your card model's fan curve? This is typically when the fan speed is set to 30%.

Thanks!

Which ever card you get, make sure you have a decent case and all of the necessary cables from your PSU prior to buying. Otherwise...

1665630785283.png

Newegg, get your stuff together.

I just got a tracking number on the case/PSU I ordered 12 hours ago, but still haven't got one on the 4090 I ordered over 24 hours ago!!!

That's one of my disappointments with the 4090s, is that the overclocks really aren't that great compared to base speeds.
Ampere was similar, they push the chips to the edge by default so there isn’t much room to push higher. I found it more interesting to undervolt a bit and stabilize the boost clocks so they didn’t bounce as much. More performance with less power. I imagine 4090 will be similar.

So Best Buy is the main Founders Edition seller?

How come on the BB site, it states Unavailable for the FE's but all the other 4090's is states Sold Out.

So Best Buy is the main Founders Edition seller?

How come on the BB site, it states Unavailable for the FE's but all the other 4090's is states Sold Out.
Idk they removed all the reviews that were done before the launch date Lmao. Idk may be nvidia caved in to AIBs and didn’t provide stock until after first launch waive? They even are doing priority access at random if you have GeForce experience. You get a message in the app to redeem. It’s on videocardz today.

I haven’t seen anyone post receipts etc for founders edition from BB or in stock notifications. It might be they haven’t started selling em yet. May be evga leaving they wanted to give one to AIBs.

Idk if all will be that. I am almost thinking nvidia wanted to kiss up to AIBs a little after evga left. That might have something to do with no FE sales yet. Probably both having something to do. May be BB will do instore launch again.
I mean, Nvidia's problem is there's still a big supply of 30series cards they need to sell, and they're worried people will just buy 4090's instead. What can they do about that? Use GFE to target 4090 sales to people that already have 30series cards, and therefore wouldn't be in the market to buy a 30series card anyway. Let everyone else get frustrated enough at missing out they cave and buy a 3090ti.

I mean, Nvidia's problem is there's still a big supply of 30series cards they need to sell, and they're worried people will just buy 4090's instead. What can they do about that? Use GFE to target 4090 sales to people that already have 30series cards, and therefore wouldn't be in the market to buy a 30series card anyway. Let everyone else get frustrated enough at missing out they cave and buy a 3090ti.
I mean that’s a good reasoning. My adhd ass has impulse bought 3090ti with discount and canceled it so many times 5 mins later. 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Now I might pick up a cheap nvidia card and until I got a 4090 or an invite lmao. Or RDNA 3 gets me. 🤣🤣

I think no one is buying 3080ti founders at Best Buy since 3090ti is better value with that discount and it also stacks with 10% off coupons while 3080ti doesn’t. Why 3090ti keeps going in and out of stock. They are moving those first. I bet 3080ti founders is next. Won’t be surprised if that ends up being 599 soon almost half off like 3090ti.

Last edited:
When the time does come and I build another system, I can see the appeal of going with a big ole case, watercooling, radiator, and the full gettup. Both for performance and something to build. Always looking for something to tinker with.

I would have gotten it but I am going to wait for ATX 3.0 before I get a 4090. I have a Corsair AX1200 which Corsair has been telling me the adapter cable won’t work for it even though I have plenty of 8pin connectors.

I would have gotten it but I am going to wait for ATX 3.0 before I get a 4090. I have a Corsair AX1200 which Corsair has been telling me the adapter cable won’t work for it even though I have plenty of 8pin connectors.
Odd that the PSU manufacturers didn't have a good supply of ATX 3.0 PSUs rolled out for this launch.

Why doesn't retailers have these cards in stock. And when will they get more in stock?
That is what I would like to know. We were told stock would be plentiful, yet here we are with everything sold out. Were those rumors wrong? Was demand higher than expected? Are AIBs holding back stock to keep prices high?

I thought the small 4 pin connector load balances (for lack of the proper terminology) by monitoring whats coming in from the PSU so you can use old PSUs? Or is that a feature only ATX 3.0 PSUs have? I've got a 850w PSU which Im guessing will be fine at stock or light OC, but something i've been looking into getting a new PSU as well. I just dont want to spend $250 for a 1000w PSU.

Corsair just apologized for one of their staff not knowing how the FE handles power limits and then calling out Gamers Nexus as being wrong so I would take any of the recommendations from their customer service as to what will work with a grain of salt. A 1200w PSU should be able to handle a 4090 if it is a fairly recent model.

That is what I would like to know. We were told stock would be plentiful, yet here we are with everything sold out. Were those rumors wrong? Was demand higher than expected? Are AIBs holding back stock to keep prices high?
Told by whom though? MLID, JayzTwoBraincells and other bait-Youtubers pulling things out of their ass for clicks?

In any case supply will probably equalize within a couple weeks.

I wanted to say this 4090 though ass clinchingly expensive is giving me 8800 vibes.

Sure my 1080ti was a truck load faster than my 1070, the last time I felt this kind of difference was going from my 7800GTX to a 8800GTS.

Oblivion running like crap with high grass density on the 7800 to running great with a 8800.

It’s the same story this time in Cyberpunk.

I was shocked when I saw this too. That msi suprim liquid was the card i wanted but ended up settling with the gigabyte gaming oc. Doesnt seem to be much of a performance gap between models
Yeah I had my eye on Suprim Liquid, but was a little disappointed the temp delta from the best air cards seemed to be only 2-5C (58C AIO vs 62C air for example). Or maybe its a symptom of the HSF of the air cards being that much better than 30-series, as they were perhaps sized and then overbuilt for a 600W original design. In any case I'll be picking up Suprim 4090 air version instead, to not have the clutter of a two-part AIO connected by umbilical.

The main advantage to Suprim Liquid seems mostly just if you need to preserve PCIe slots and keep a 2-slot form factor.

I feel the rumors were in the easy to get in the first month, not day one that always had an * if the reviews were good that it would be line at store again.

I feel the rumors were in the easy to get in the first month, not day one that always had an * if the reviews were good that it would be line at store again.
Kyle said in this very thread stock was unprecedentedly high. It still could be, with Nvidia just holding it in warehouses.

Having a billion in stock at newegg doesn't mean that they can ship a billion today. The only weirdness here is with the FE and why nvidia isn't selling them directly (yet)

Kyle said in this very thread stock was unprecedentedly high. It still could be, with Nvidia just holding it in warehouses.

Or the retailers could have been taken a conversative approach, too. Why take a risk by buying up all that stock when there's a lot of 3000 series sitting around at discounted prices? The uncertainty of demand after the crypto crash and fears of the economy would also be a factor. If sales keep up at this pace (without lots of returns), then we could see that 400-500% stock Kyle mentioned flowing more readily. We are only on day 2 of sales as well.

Of course, Kyle can update/correct me if this is mistaken.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
Back