Which RTX 4090 card are you planning or consider to get?

Videocardz reported the cards are in stock the comments are hilarious. You gotta figure the rest of the World wants them.

Bb might be dropping founders last. Wouldn’t be surprised if they do it at 12.

Ebay reselling is super risky for these: buyer can return for any reason in 30 days using Not As Described, very likely to happen if the stock stabilizes in a week or so which is what I'd expect since there are no macro factors at play and no $xxxx checks going out like candy.

Ebay reselling is super risky for these: buyer can return for any reason in 30 days using Not As Described, very likely to happen if the stock stabilizes in a week or so which is what I'd expect since there are no macro factors at play and no $xxxx checks going out like candy.
It is why you sell locally for cash. You will get less but no fees and getting scammed.

Well, I headed to the local Microcenter. They opened up at 9 this morning, which unfortunately I had a meeting at work. But I went there after the meeting. They had one MSI left (the one I was after actually), one Gigabyte one left, and 10+ Zotac ones left. Definitely the way to go if you're fortunate enough to live by one.

Tell me you were trying to get the Strix on NewEgg and it wouldn't let you check out? It was "in stock" for more than FIVE MINUTES and I added it to cart like 20 times and tried checking out both through "Secure Checkout" and PayPal and NOTHING WORKED! :mad:

I too fucking despise this whole thing. How hard is it to allow buyers 5 minutes after adding to cart to safely and securely checkout without having to spam F5 a million times?

I actually went for the Gigabyte Master first since it's the largest cooler. It actually fully checked out. I was SUPER quick, from added to cart to pressing "complete purchase" button in like 5 seconds. I had everything pre-filled out. Then about a minute later I get the "order voided" email from those Newegg fuckers. By then the Strix was gone, the Suprim was gone, Newegg basically totally fucked me. Nothing is worse than successfully placing an order and then getting a "NO, FUCK YOU" email.

I scrolled down and was able to snag one of these crappy cards before they went out of stock:

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gef...814932550?Item=N82E16814932550&quicklink=true

Definitely wasn't looking to purchase a low-tier card but I need the power for my 4K@240 Hz G8.

I actually went for the Gigabyte Master first since it's the largest cooler. It actually fully checked out. I was SUPER quick, from added to cart to pressing "complete purchase" button in like 5 seconds. I had everything pre-filled out. Then about a minute later I get the "order voided" email from those Newegg fuckers. By then the Strix was gone, the Suprim was gone, Newegg basically totally fucked me.

I scrolled down and was able to snag one of these crappy cards before they went out of stock:

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gef...814932550?Item=N82E16814932550&quicklink=true

Definitely wasn't looking to purchase a low-tier card but I need the power for my 4K@240 Hz G8.
I grabbed one of those from BB. HU liked the card okay, other than noting it looked cheap.

Ebay is so, so terrible as a seller I give them a F-.

For grins, giggles and ol' times sake pre-ordered a tuf from BH, they don't charge till ship and can cancel before then plus no tax so will sit on it, most likely cancel. Mostly an insurance iff insanity ensures, though very skeptical it will.

I actually went for the Gigabyte Master first since it's the largest cooler. It actually fully checked out. I was SUPER quick, from added to cart to pressing "complete purchase" button in like 5 seconds. I had everything pre-filled out. Then about a minute later I get the "order voided" email from those Newegg fuckers. By then the Strix was gone, the Suprim was gone, Newegg basically totally fucked me. Nothing is worse than successfully placing an order and then getting a "NO, FUCK YOU" email.

And I said you would get over your anger by tomorrow, I should have said 30 minutes.

Looking at the reviews, the $1700-$1800 AIB cards add like 1-3 fps at 4K. I think I'll just settle for a $1600 FE or Asus TUF at this point. The extar $100-$200 ain't worth the extra 3 frames.

The jump in performance of these over the 3090/3090Ti is more impressive than I expected. 50-65% at 4K is a pretty big leap. It makes the 3090Ti FE listed at $1100 a bad deal. Fortunately, I don't really game anymore but for all those that do - enjoy your 4090s!

I grabbed one of those from BB. HU liked the card okay, other than noting it looked cheap.
Ya I guess it doesn't look too terrible after watching HU video.

And I said you would get over your anger by tomorrow, I should have said 30 minutes.
I hate not having the top card. :(

Looking at the reviews, the $1700-$1800 AIB cards add like 1-3 fps at 4K. I think I'll just settle for a $1600 FE or Asus TUF at this point. The extar $100-$200 ain't worth the extra 3 frames.
Problem is you cannot buy the FE. Has a single person in this thread mange to order an FE?

Ya I guess it doesn't look too terrible after watching HU video.

I hate not having the top card. :(

Problem is you cannot buy the FE. Has a single person in this thread mange to order an FE?
Best Buy hasn’t sold em yet. I think they were probably expecting everyone to go after them. Now they sold out of AIB. They will probably drop it later at an unexpected time I guess.

Best Buy hasn’t sold em yet. I think they were probably expecting everyone to go after them. Now they sold out of AIB. They will probably drop it later at an unexpected time I guess.
Would be interesting if they decided to only sell in store and not allow online ordering for the FE.

I just noticed that they deleted the reviews on BB for the FE. I guess they didn't like getting review bombed for their incompetence.

Bb question answer on FE is hilarious. Lot of people didn’t even see it on sale and lot of people saying it sold out instantly. I honestly don’t think it ever went on sale. They should have have more stock on this and no way they go out that quick.

I saw a few people were able to get the fe with get in line link
Nope. Haven’t seen anyone confirm it. I don’t think it ever went on sale. Way More people should have reported and bitched about not getting one waiting in line. 😝

Bb question answer on FE is hilarious. Lot of people didn’t even see it on sale and lot of people saying it sold out instantly. I honestly don’t think it ever went on sale. They should have have more stock on this and no way they go out that quick.
Yeah, I was refreshing every second and it went from Coming Soon to Sold Out. I never even saw an inbetween.

As has been alluded, some people got a link to directly place you in the queue for the FE. It was circulated on Twitter and Twitch stock notification channels. People who clicked on the link at 8:59 AM were added to the line automatically and it was pretty much done at that stage.

Best Buy will probably restock throughout the day and the week based on what they did with the 3000 series FE.

Still, getting a card isn't as tough as it was with the 3000 series this far. Let's see what the demand looks like over the next couple of months.

Yeah, I was refreshing every second and it went from Coming Soon to Sold Out. I never even saw an inbetween.

Yes I saw that too. So IMO they all sold to bots. If not, why would the verbiage switch at launch time.

As has been alluded, some people got a link to directly place you in the queue for the FE. It was circulated on Twitter and Twitch stock notification channels. People who clicked on the link at 8:59 AM were added to the line automatically and it was pretty much done at that stage.

Best Buy will probably restock throughout the day and the week based on what they did with the 3000 series FE.

Still, getting a card isn't as tough as it was with the 3000 series this far. Let's see what the demand looks like over the next couple of months.

So you need some back channel bullshit to get an FE card now? What a fucking joke.

My butthole hurts.

Attachments

• 876838B7-AE3B-4374-AB6E-7644A8ABFD8C.jpeg
    876838B7-AE3B-4374-AB6E-7644A8ABFD8C.jpeg
    443.8 KB · Views: 0
My butthole hurts.
Yeah, that's the same one I got. It's not the X, and you can't put the power higher, but from the reviews, they don't really seem to go that much higher, so I'm not worried about it. Cyberpunk seems to finally run decently, so it's about time I finally start to play it.

Yeah, that's the same one I got. It's not the X, and you can't put the power higher, but from the reviews, they don't really seem to go that much higher, so I'm not worried about it. Cyberpunk seems to finally run decently, so it's about time I finally start to play it.
That was the cheapest one still in stock. After seeing Der Bauer test at lower power limits. I don’t really care about boosting it.

That was the cheapest one still in stock. After seeing Der Bauer test at lower power limits. I don’t really care about boosting it.
When I ran 3d Mark, Quake 2 RTX, and Cyberpunk, I didn't hear the fans increase in speed, which is nice. I don't have an 8k monitor at the moment, and am waiting until next year to replace my current 4k TV. 4k computer monitors just haven't gotten there yet to the point that I'm happy with them.

Never seen this. I got 0 notifications about FE or anyone scoring it on Twitter and I follow so many things. Got it for all AIB cards. I think some people might be just tricking us in to thinking it’s gone so if it drops today less people buying. 🤣

Just got off the phone with BB and apparently you were able to preorder 4090s earlier this morning, but they are no longer taking preorders.

Back