Which RTX 4090 card are you planning or consider to get?

I've actually been trying to build fast, but smaller game systems lately. I don't even own a case that would fit this, and some of my cases seem like they're pretty close to the size of these cards :D

The 4090s apparently don't have an nvlink connector. The 3090TIs are the last non professional card that did.

Lack of an nvlink connector should not prevent DirectX 12 Multi-GPU from working just over PCI-E. But it doesn't matter, since almost no games support DX12 Multi-GPU, but for the tiny few that do, it should work. Traditional SLI, which requires using DirectX 11, wouldn't work without the dedicated card bridge.

If availability is fairly good I may pick up an FE or Asus card afterall. The power efficiency is more impressive than I had imagined.

A comment on TomsHardware: "Why must they treat us like animals and not allow pre-orders or back orders?" I couldn't help but chuckle at that. It will be interesting to see how things go this launch given all the changes in the crypto world. I imagine scalpers will still very much be a thing for a while though...

I really want the FE this time around. All the other cards look like they are gundam inspired or just look like crap.

The aio cooled card looks fine, but I’m not paying the premium. Plus my EVGA 3080 pump is the loudest thing in my system.

I really want the FE this time around. All the other cards look like they are gundam inspired or just look like crap.

The aio cooled card looks fine, but I’m not paying the premium. Plus my EVGA 3080 pump is the loudest thing in my system.

Msi water cooler one seems pretty legit to be honest if one can fit it in their case for another $150 premium.

Msi water cooler one seems pretty legit to be honest if one can fit it in their case for another $150 premium.
Looks nice, but I’m already getting raped… an extra $150 is just pouring sand on it.

Reactions: NKD
like this
A waterblock would cost you around the same and even more. For those that intend to water cool their card, it's not a bad added premium.

Doesn't an RTX 3090 FE block fit the 4090 FE? I thought they both used the same PCB...
Not sure, and there's a 4090 block out too from EK - but I want to buy it predone and not fuck around with warranties. I have no interest in ever returning it to stock again, so just give me one pre-made that I can RMA as a whole if it goes wrong (had 2 RMAs from this most recent generation, although both were 6800XTs).

Screenshot 2022-10-11 190322.png

Thank god its Amazon so I can cancel/return when I get the model 4090 I want.

Just fyi - in my experience Amazon isn't reliable for GPU launches, during the 3080 launch I had orders for several cards that were later cancelled. Given the listing went up early as well I would be suspect of it actually shipping (same thing happened with the 3080s).

So if you really want the card I'd plan to order it from someplace else as a backup.

Just fyi - in my experience Amazon isn't reliable for GPU launches, during the 3080 launch I had orders for several cards that were later cancelled. Given the listing went up early as well I would be suspect of it actually shipping (same thing happened with the 3080s).

So if you really want the card I'd plan to order it from someplace else as a backup.
This was my backup. Newegg/Bestbuy are plan A for tomorrow.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Just to be clear, based on its ETA I have over a month to get my hands on a FE or Suprim Liquid which are the only 2 models I'm interested in. If I do and the Zotac hasn't shipped, I cancel it. If it ships, I return it. I'm not scumbagging it by using it for 2 months and sending it back. Like I said its just there as a backup because availability is unpredictable.

Yeah, as much as I would like a thinner card, I am probably going with an air cooled brick. Don't want any headaches with pump failures or resale when the 4090 Ti comes out.

I wonder if the MSI cards ever came in stock on newegg. Already shows OOS for me (Suprim and Liquid X)

So the 4090 is a 4K@144 then?

What's is next from there? What improvements with a 5 Series card have?

Are you f0cking kidding me? I had the Asus RoG Strix 4090 OC in my cart and before I could check out it went out of stock!! :mad:

Bb is a joke. Went out quick. Same old shit. Get ready for overpriced cards again Lmao. Stayed in line for a bit for MSI and sold out. Still spinning on gigabyte for like 7 mins 🤣🤣 oh wait that sold out too.

Are you f0cking kidding me? I had the Asus RoG Strix 4090 OC in my cart and before I could check out it went out of stock!! :mad:

You're better off. You would have paid an extra $400 for nothing.

Just be patient. More are coming. If these folks are bot buying I suspect it's just for single cards. No ROI mining anymore. Scalping demand will be small.

Back